PDA

View Full Version : Pangos only 18 minutes?

Therunner
11-13-2012, 05:12 PM
Please explain this?

Not be accusatory just curious...help.

KP had 13 pts & 3 assists in that amount of time.

Stocks received 10 more minutes, 11 less points, yet obviously played well, just putting it in perspective.

Why i Pangos logging less than 20 mins in any game on bball court, anywhere.

Angelo Roncalli
11-13-2012, 05:14 PM
Please explain this?

Not be accusatory just curious...help.

KP had 13 pts & 3 assists in that amount of time.

Stocks received 10 more minutes, 11 less points, yet obviously played well, just putting it in perspective.

Why i Pangos logging less than 20 mins in any game on bball court, anywhere.

Foul trouble, big lead. That pretty much explains it.

WallaWallaZag
11-13-2012, 05:36 PM
surprised this is even being brought up...it was pretty obvious the whistle-happy refs kept pangos off the court, not like he was needed anyways. do like the ball pressure that pangos and our guards have been applying so far this year, but considering he isn't an elite athlete we'll see if this becomes a problem.

gamagin
11-13-2012, 05:44 PM
mentioned KP's foul situation in post game interviews. Both credited Stocks with stepping up and in when needed.

My guess, too, is that Few may have kept KP seated longer than normal because he figured WVa would get back in to the game and he didn't want KP to foul out in case he was needed at the end.

RockandRollJames
11-13-2012, 06:04 PM
I think Few is transitioning Stockton to be the new starting PG.

sittingon50
11-13-2012, 06:27 PM
Stir it up, RRJ!

kclubfounder
11-13-2012, 06:28 PM
Few has finally come to the obvious conclusion that Stockton is WAY better than Pangos.

I don't know why it took him so long. But thankfully he's finally figured it out.

adoptedzag
11-13-2012, 06:28 PM

http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/000/681/what-you-did-there-i-see-it.thumbnail.jpg

Therunner
11-13-2012, 07:32 PM
didn't watch the game, only looked at box scores before work, so appreciate the input...

titopoet
11-14-2012, 05:40 AM
I thought Few was going Karno at Point???

Baldwinzag
11-14-2012, 05:50 AM
I thought Few was going Karno at Point???

lol, well, he's got the passing skills to play it in a pinch. :)

speaking of, how impressed have you guys been with his court awareness/vision? Even when he should have been more selfish at times, his attempts were even on another level.

its made at least 1 "wow" pass in every appearance since KiK, honestly, like a guards mind at 7'1", 290.

HUGE asset. #luckytohavehim

JPtheBeasta
11-14-2012, 06:53 AM

This :]

Rem Bakamus was supposed to be the guy but he's just not there yet.

I think Pangos had 4 fouls pretty early in the second half, if I remember right. I thought foul pressure would be an issue, but I thought we would have to worry about the bigs, not our point guard.

Stockton played well. I have come around on Stockton, but I still get nervous sometimes when those long-armed defenders are on him- but he does well. That dribble to his right for the pass to a wide open Zag in the middle of the lane (Hart?) was a thing of beauty. He was getting into the passing lanes and creating havoc on the defensive end, too.

willandi
11-14-2012, 07:35 AM
You guys (and gals) all missed it! Few called Ray and Tommy over and said " You guys are going to be head coaches somewhere. I'm going to pull KP, and I want you to monitor the GU BBall forum for the reaction. That way you will be prepared for fan reaction WHEN you are head coaches!"

It was a teaching tool, and a learning experience. Up by 25, KP with 4 PF and still expanding the lead had nothing to do with it!

titopoet
11-14-2012, 07:53 AM
This :]

Rem Bakamus was supposed to be the guy but he's just not there yet.

I think Pangos had 4 fouls pretty early in the second half, if I remember right. I thought foul pressure would be an issue, but I thought we would have to worry about the bigs, not our point guard.

Stockton played well. I have come around on Stockton, but I still get nervous sometimes when those long-armed defenders are on him- but he does well. That dribble to his right for the pass to a wide open Zag in the middle of the lane (Hart?) was a thing of beauty. He was getting into the passing lanes and creating havoc on the defensive end, too.

I have come around on him too. He has gotten stronger and can hold his ground now. A very solid D1 guard. Pesky too.

sheps001
11-14-2012, 08:28 AM
Love Pangos, he is a real difference maker. He runs the show he makes it go. Good point guards are worth there weight in gold and he is a good one. It's nice to see that he can be absent and the team keeps chuggin along. I don't know about Stockton. Love his heart but he's undersized and can play badly at times. Is Dranginis a vialble option. Please chime in.

Baldwinzag
11-14-2012, 08:42 AM
Stockton makes the right play/decision more often than not and has improved his defense and utilizing his slight frame to his advantage i.e. drawing fouls.

However, just like the last 3 seasons and in the last 3 NCAA Tournies, he struggles mightily with getting the ball down the court vs bigger athletes. He too loose and presses too much against pressure defense. He nearly had the ball stolen away 3-4 times and it was fortunately whistled as "fouls" with this tightly called refs. Stocks won't get the benefit in crunch time games or vs most BCS teams.

I like Stockton, he is an asset, has improved in most facets, and very smart player on offense. Scrappy too. Just the matter of fact is...he shouldn't be bringing the ball down the court in close games or certain match-ups. How nervous do you get watching him dribble up the court vs a defender or in the half-court vs extended defenses. He struggles every single time.

He will continue to log minutes at back-up PG, and deservedly so, but when Pangos is in the game, or GBJ, or Dranignis, they simply have tighter handles, bigger bodies, and an ability to break away or protect the ball vs stronger, more athletic players.

as of right now, Stockton has 6 TO's to Pangos 2 TO's...yet both have logged exactly 43 mins on the season. I did find it interesting they've played same amount of minutes, I wonder if that trend will continue? Don't have an issue, as long as Stocks is utilized appropriately and in right situations.

zaguarxj
11-14-2012, 09:03 AM
Love Pangos, he is a real difference maker. He runs the show he makes it go. Good point guards are worth there weight in gold and he is a good one. It's nice to see that he can be absent and the team keeps chuggin along. I don't know about Stockton. Love his heart but he's undersized and can play badly at times. Is Dranginis a vialble option. Please chime in.He hasn't had many minutes but looks good out there when he's in. With the current lineup, it's looking like Hart, Karno & Stocks will come in before Dranginis. I don't think KO coming back will have much impact on Dranginis' minutes but it might. Maybe 8 minutes a game this year for him?

GeorgiaZagFan
11-14-2012, 12:54 PM
[QUOTE=Baldwinzag;827097]
as of right now, Stockton has 6 TO's to Pangos 2 TO's

...you can't take too much from these 2 blowouts! Yes Stockton has committed 6 TO's in 2 games ...but 5 of them have come in the 2nd half of blow out games. I just feel he was trying to do some things that hopefully he won't do when the games are tight. For the year:

DS in the first half of games: 23 min, 7 points, 5 assists, 1 turnover
DS in the 2nd half of games: 25 min, 7 points, 4 assists, 5 turnovers

I like Stockton for about 10-15 minutes a game. He does things that I don't think any other player can do...his court vision and awareness are exciting to watch. The pair of Pangos and DS are great at the point. We are blessed to have them both and a coach that knows how to use them :)