PDA

View Full Version : Harris in the first half

rennis
11-13-2012, 06:46 AM
It's one game.

75Zag
11-13-2012, 06:47 AM
If Harris wants guaranteed first round money in the NBA draft I think he needs to have a dominating season. I thought he played well last night and obviously was important to the GU win, but from an NBA scout's perspective looking at Harris, I didn't see anything last night that would blow my socks off.

Here's hoping the Bulldogs and Harris both have record-breaking seasons.

Go Bulldogs!

CDC84
11-13-2012, 11:01 AM
The ESPN guys kept making a big deal out of Harris not doing much in the 1st half. Both at the venue and in the studio. Jay Williams kept talking about how Harris is inconsistent.

Who cares? The Zags were up by a gazillion points, and it was rather obvious that WVU invested a great deal of energy into stopping Elias. If teams are going to do that, I am more than happy to use him as a decoy and allow Pangos/Bell to drain threes, which they will do at a 45% clip every game if they're left wide open. I'm more than happy if they allow driving lines to the hoop for Guy Landry Edi and Kyle Dranginis. I'm more than happy if they want to allow one on one matchups in the paint with Karno and Olynyk, or give Dower wide open looks from 12 feet.

While it was great to see the Zags focus on getting Harris involved in the 2nd half, it also seemed forced. With the depth on this team, there doesn't need to be an intense focus on any one player. Elias is going to get his share once defenses realize that they cannot fixate on him. I am perfectly fine to have Elias crashing the glass and making athletic plays in transition. If it means he doesn't make the Wooden Award midseason cut, so be it.

cjm720
11-13-2012, 11:20 AM
He seems to be a bit out of shape to me.

hooter73
11-13-2012, 11:23 AM
NBA talk doesnt care about staying healthy or game plans, they see him as not producing...

007Zag
11-13-2012, 02:59 PM
I like to see our guys get to and succeed in the NBA, and I understand how it is important to our recruiting success (probably second to winning conference, tourney runs, and championships).

That said, it remains a secondary concern of mine, after winning games, the conference, and making a deep tourney run.

zag944
11-13-2012, 03:18 PM
Sort of suprised how long people have been holding on to the Harris in the NBA thing.

He's been a very good player at this level, but I dont think anyone is going to take a swing at a 24 year old senior who hasnt shown significant improvement in 4 years and doesnt naturally fit into a position in the NBA.

14 and 7 with 55% fg made him a very intriguing NBA prospect as a freshman. He needs to absolutely destroy those numbers now to get in in my opinion. Don't believe he is currently placed on nbadraft.net or draft express:(

MickMick
11-13-2012, 05:26 PM
Elias is what he is.

A bull in a China shop. Whatever he does, it is going to be brute power magnified by ten. Whether it be a miss, a make, a foul, a rebound, a charge, or a dunk.

In my mind he isn't the star of the team, but a very valuable piece that adds to the overall persona of the team. He is the squad's toughness factor and we will take all the positives and negatives that go with his indiscriminate aggression.

JAGzag
11-13-2012, 05:38 PM
Sort of suprised how long people have been holding on to the Harris in the NBA thing.

He's been a very good player at this level, but I dont think anyone is going to take a swing at a 24 year old senior who hasnt shown significant improvement in 4 years and doesnt naturally fit into a position in the NBA.

14 and 7 with 55% fg made him a very intriguing NBA prospect as a freshman. He needs to absolutely destroy those numbers now to get in in my opinion. Don't believe he is currently placed on nbadraft.net or draft express:(

This.

+ let's just enjoy the season and what E brings to this team and not speculate on what happens after he leaves ... until after he leaves.

sittingon50
11-13-2012, 06:23 PM
Think he still has residual groin injury problems.