• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gu03alum
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

ESPN - Gonzaga's Best Team Ever?

Insider - Gonzaga's Best Team Ever?

"I think Gonzaga is for real; in fact, I think they're a Final Four team," ESPN's Seth Greenberg said during the halftime report.
    I'm not sure if they are yet, but I haven't ruled it out either.
    Bring back the OCC
  • dnj116
    Kennel Club Alum
    • Oct 2007

gu03alum, can ya help out those without the insider subscription? Please and thank you...

Comment

• zagzilla
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2007

Here you go....

"Gonzaga reached the Elite Eight in 1999 in Dan Monson's final season in Spokane, led by some players you might remember: Richie Frahm, Matt Santangelo and Casey Calvary. In the 13 years since, Mark Few has taken the Bulldogs to the Sweet 16 four times -- most recently in 2008-09 -- but never beyond that.

Is this the year it changes? It may be only the opening week of the season, but Gonzaga certainly generated plenty of Final Four buzz last night with their convincing 34-point win over West Virginia in the opening game of the 2012 Tip-Off Marathon.

The talented and experienced Zags' team broke out to a 17-2 lead less than nine minutes into the game, blowing it open, and went to half up 45-18.

"I think Gonzaga is for real; in fact, I think they're a Final Four team," ESPN's Seth Greenberg said during the halftime report.

If they are, they'll go down in history as the best Gonzaga team ever, but there's a long ways to go between now and the end of March."

Comment

• GoZags
        Super Moderator
        • Feb 2007

Written by ESPN's Joe Kaiser (who used to write for Dawgman.com)

Originally posted by zagzilla View Post
        "Gonzaga reached the Elite Eight in 1999 in Dan Monson's final season in Spokane, led by some players you might remember: Richie Frahm, Matt Santangelo and Casey Calvary. In the 13 years since, Mark Few has taken the Bulldogs to the Sweet 16 four times -- most recently in 2008-09 -- but never beyond that.

Is this the year it changes? It may be only the opening week of the season, but Gonzaga certainly generated plenty of Final Four buzz last night with their convincing 34-point win over West Virginia in the opening game of the 2012 Tip-Off Marathon.

The talented and experienced Zags' team broke out to a 17-2 lead less than nine minutes into the game, blowing it open, and went to half up 45-18.

If they are, they'll go down in history as the best Gonzaga team ever, but there's a long ways to go between now and the end of March."
        sigpic
        “To be continued …”. Fr Tony Lehman, SJ
        ——-
        List of All Americans (1st Team Top 5) and Academic All Americans (1st Team Top 5) in the same season since '00:
        Shane Battier, Dan Dickau, Omeka Okafor, DJ Augustin, Kelly Olynyk, Nigel Williams-Goss, Corey Kispert.

Comment

• cjm720
          Zag for Life
          • Nov 2007

Best team ever and going far in the tournament aren't necessarily congruent.

Don't lose to atrocious teams and our RPI will reward us with a high seed. A high seed, with a good location, gives us our best shot to go far in the dance.

I like our chances to exceed our best even finish!!!
          Go Zags!!!

Comment

Working...
          X