PDA

View Full Version : Guy Landry Edi

kitzbuel
11-13-2012, 03:55 AM
Two games into the season and I am most impressed with his improvement since last season. He is active on both ends, making use of his strength and athleticism. He keeps this up and he will win some games for us.

Very excited to see him play.

cjm720
11-13-2012, 07:31 AM
He's playing extremely well and a big difference maker for us.

I do cringe a bit with his love of the dribble drive; I'd much prefer him to move off ball.

zag944
11-13-2012, 07:52 AM
early leading scorer, and doing it without the offense running a whole lot through him. Love a player with a nose for the ball that can create points out of nowhere.

CDC84
11-13-2012, 08:28 AM
If he keeps playing the way he is right now, he could allow Gonzaga to advance an additional round in the NCAA tournament. I am frankly stunned by how much improvement he's made. His biggest improvement is the level of confidence he is playing with out there. I guess it's a good thing to be healthy for once! Spending the whole offseason in Spokane really helped as well.

He's doing things that are ideally suited to his abilities by keeping the perimeter shots to a minimum. It's drives toward the basket, offensive put backs and mid rangers in the key. That's all they need from him. To keep the defense on its toes. He's also a total nuisance when teams aren't careful with the ball after Gonzaga has scored or when an opposing rebounder isn't paying attention after securing the ball.

Zag@LMU
11-13-2012, 08:58 AM
Guy looks great. That slash he made yesterday was something that we have not seen in a while out of a Gonzaga player. He must've put in a lot of time in the offseason. Hopefully he made the jump that we all hope Carter would've made.

CaliforniaZaggin'
11-13-2012, 09:20 AM
His rebounding, defense and overall intensity will be a huge asset for this team. Add to that his improved offense, and we're looking great on the perimeter.

roxdoc
11-13-2012, 10:05 AM
Great to see GLE doing so well. Having significant production (both sides of the ball) out of the wing position makes our future look even brighter. Definitely fills a void we have had for a number of years.

BULLDOG#1
11-13-2012, 10:25 AM
Agree with everything stated here. Edi has played great and done so within a system that's not going to call his number too often. There were times last year where he really helped the team, but also times where he hurt it. Looks like the downside times may be coming to an end.

Love that Edi plays tough on d and rebounds like his life depends on it. Ditto Hart. Who would have thought that the small forward position would be strength for this team?

Stockton looks great too. He looks solid. Poised.

Dranginis too... I'm sure there's boneheaded freshman plays in his future, but so far there's not a lot of letdown when he's in the game. You can tell he's got a great feel for the game.

This team is loaded, folks.