PDA

View Full Version : - - -GUnit of the Game- - - (West Virginia)

gozagswoohoo
11-12-2012, 10:19 PM
I'm glad to see the zags weren't afraid of some hard-nosed, physical defense tonight.

GO ZAGS!!

CaliforniaZaggin'
11-12-2012, 10:23 PM
GLE is bringing' it. Such energy.

Birddog
11-12-2012, 10:25 PM
I'm joining the GLE Club and i can't sing a note.

Once and Future Zag
11-12-2012, 10:26 PM
Bell - just everywhere.

NB: Hart 2-2 FT, 2-2 3P 1-1 2P, 2 rebounds, a steal and a block, and no turnovers in 17 minutes.

MDABE80
11-12-2012, 10:28 PM
The #3 spot. 24 pts.10 boards.....Hart and Edi both were super!

rawkmandale
Great TEAM victory - no one stood head and shoulders above, but I want to cast a vote for StockHart. The two former walk-ons play really well.

TacomaZAG
Great all around game. He and KP are reading each others thoughts in the backcourt. Superb one two punch from behind the arc, and both can attack off the dribble as well. Pick your poison...........

I don't think we are going to be zoned much this year, with the sharpshooter's we have from behind the arc.

Nice showing for the entire country on ESPN.

Go ZAGS

kitzbuel
11-12-2012, 10:29 PM
GBJ had a nice game, went with him. GLE looked really good, though.

RenoZag
11-12-2012, 10:34 PM
Gary Bell, Jr.

zagamatic
11-12-2012, 10:37 PM
Went with GLE just because he keeps teams from getting comfortable on offense or defense. Ultimately though, I think our team defense should get g unit. We were 1 FOR 12 to start the game! And we weren't anywhere close to being in a hole because of our D.

Oregonzagnut
11-12-2012, 10:48 PM
If Edi keeps it up he'll get some NBA draft consideration. I think Harris is still not 100%.

hooter73
11-12-2012, 10:50 PM
GBJ with HIGH praise to Edi

roxdoc
11-12-2012, 10:59 PM
Went with GBJ but interesting stat: Edi is our leading scorer after 2 games!

Ziggy
11-12-2012, 11:02 PM
Gbj !

MickMick
11-12-2012, 11:03 PM
Givin it to Bell. Well done Gary.

Baseline
11-12-2012, 11:04 PM
GLE for turning it up, love his new game.

Bell was good, but its sorta what I expect from him.

The defense worry was greatly reduced tonight. PK was not as dominant, but he showed he can compete with the big guys.

Few had a great strategy, take it to them early, a shout out for his game plan.

NotoriousZ
11-12-2012, 11:11 PM
Bell. Oh yeah!

Favorite moment of the game: ESPN lost sound for 20 seconds or so, you could read the lips of Huggy Bear calling out one of the refs, "that was B--- S---, you know that was B--- S---." The game was hard to watch through all the whistles, but I'll take the blowout with no injuries every time.

Bell and Pangos, best backcourt in the nation.

2wiceright
11-12-2012, 11:31 PM
Close between Hart, Bell and Edi, but Guy showed he's the player we were hoping for at the 3 tonight. Great slashing to the hoop, pulling up for a 3, and was 7-10 from the line.

14 points and 7 rebounds (and tough D) against this physical team shows he's likely the consistent contributor we hoped for last year.

GLE = G-Unit tonight

Nevtelen
11-12-2012, 11:34 PM
Favorite moment of the game: ESPN lost sound for 20 seconds or so, you could read the lips of Huggy Bear calling out one of the refs, "that was B--- S---, you know that was B--- S---." The game was hard to watch through all the whistles, but I'll take the blowout with no injuries every time.

Bell and Pangos, best backcourt in the nation.

My favorite moment was when Pangos ran through a couple screens and lost his man, set his feet, and banged in a three while standing 2 inches in front of Huggins. Beautiful.

Oh, and I thought Bell and Edi were probably GUnit worthy, but for me Edi was the more unexpected of the two, so I'm giving it to him. I think he'll actually be an option in the offense this season.

gbnyba17
11-12-2012, 11:53 PM
As good as GBJ was, I expect that from him so I have to go with Edi. He was a stud tonight.

Mantua
11-12-2012, 11:54 PM
Torn between Gary and Guy. Voted for Gary. All I could think tonight was how lucky we are to have this team. They played hard and played together. They really seem like such a nice group of guys who like each other.

Rangerzag
11-13-2012, 12:18 AM
As good as GBJ was, I expect that from him so I have to go with Edi. He was a stud tonight.

To continue with the concept of acknowledging that not expected, I have looked at the box scores from both CBS and ESPN. They agree that not only did Mike Hart shoot 100% tonight, but two of those were for threes and contributed to a total of 10 points in 17 minutes!

That is a great offensive effort for Mike.

titopoet
11-13-2012, 04:52 AM
I went with Bell, but I wonder if the player of the game thread can expand the number of choices. With so much Balance, some games could have ten guys with a case.

77Zag
11-13-2012, 07:14 AM
Many deserving, but I'm going with Guy --

He is very athletic, under control and has made a tremendous leap from last year.
Keep it up GLE !!

Gonna be a fun season

Go Zags!!

Bogozags
11-13-2012, 07:51 AM
I went with Guy...I am now a believer! Three straight games of consistency. Not the worlds best ball handler but really liked his effort. Has anyone else noticed that he has changed his shot...much better form, especially from the FT line.

A shout out to GBJ for a great effort. He scored 15 but think he should look more to shoot.

How about Hart actually looking to shoot the ball...seems like MDABE is proving right that Hart has that really nice stroke...

FT Shooting still a problem for us...we need to shore this up especially in close games...

Love our defensive intensity too!

Great game against a talented BCS team

sheps001
11-13-2012, 09:23 AM
A good point guard is worth his weight in gold and this is Pangos. He is the key to this team. He runs the show. He sets things up and if things are not working or if he chooses he can shoot real well. As Pangos goes so goes Gonzaga. Take him out of the game, somehow and you make it difficult for Gonzaga to win. Teams in the past have been cognizant of this and surely will do more in the future against him. He is slightly undersized for the NBA but he does not lack the talent, desire or ability.

Nevtelen
11-13-2012, 09:26 AM
A good point guard is worth his weight in gold and this is Pangos. He is the key to this team. He runs the show. He sets things up and if things are not working or if he chooses he can shoot real well. As Pangos goes so goes Gonzaga. Take him out of the game, somehow and you make it difficult for Gonzaga to win. Teams in the past have been cognizant of this and surely will do more in the future against him. He is slightly undersized for the NBA but he does not lack the talent, desire or ability.

He's obviously a fantastic player and a big part of the team, but I don't think this season he's as important as he was last season. I don't think this year will be a case of us losing if Pangos gets taken out of the game. I think we have more players that can really assume PG duties in his absence and do it well if he's taken out of the game - Stockon, obviously, like last season, but also Bell and Drainginis, quite possibly, in a pinch. We also have more shooters - Bell, Drainginis, even Sam and (probably, I assume) KO.

sheps001
11-13-2012, 09:45 AM
You may be right as to Dranginis and let's hope so. Stockton is iffy as his replacement as well as Bell.

Nevtelen
11-13-2012, 03:57 PM
You may be right as to Dranginis and let's hope so. Stockton is iffy as his replacement as well as Bell.

I'm absolutely fine with either of those guys in Pangos' role for limited minutes. I think it's only if Pangos has to be replaced for large chunks of time that things start to degrade a bit. This team has such good motion so far and so many different weapons on offense that he's not as important as he was last year offensively IMO.

BobZag
11-13-2012, 04:07 PM
I knew Gary would "win" this but I voted "someone else" because I wanted to give kudos to Hart. A good all-around effort by all, though.

Vanzagger
11-13-2012, 05:26 PM
Karno

He blocks out with the best of them. Sometimes taking a 2nd and 3rd guy along for the ride

willandi
11-13-2012, 09:28 PM
I knew Gary would "win" this but I voted "someone else" because I wanted to give kudos to Hart. A good all-around effort by all, though.

+1. Wanted to vote for Hart! He gives so much...some of the fouls he committed were silly, the blocking under the net, but he's THERE and giving his all on defense. The offensive output was the deciding factor for me. Hart for GUnit!