PDA

View Full Version : Tourney question

surfmonkey89
11-12-2012, 10:11 PM
San Jose is hosting Rounds 1 & 2 out west, along with Salt Lake. San Jose is hosted by the WCC. Doesnít that mean GU canít go there?

If memory serves, this is the same scam Duke & UNC use to play games in Charlotte, and it opens it up for UCLA to be able to play in San Jose.

madness
11-12-2012, 10:14 PM
No, Gonzaga can play in San Jose as long as it is seeded top 5

3zagda
11-12-2012, 10:26 PM
Clearly San Jose would be the best venue for the Zags in the first 2 rounds, all other teams being equal. Its the closest venue, and then the sweet 16 and elite 8 are in Salt Lake City, also on the West Coast.

BobZag
11-13-2012, 09:59 AM
I miss Roy Orbison. Hope to see him this season.

CDC84
11-13-2012, 12:11 PM
Clearly San Jose would be the best venue for the Zags in the first 2 rounds, all other teams being equal. Its the closest venue, and then the sweet 16 and elite 8 are in Salt Lake City, also on the West Coast.

There are two subregionals: one in San Jose and one in Salt Lake City. The west regional is in Los Angeles (sweet 16/elite 8). If the Zags are a top 4 seed, I expect to see them sent to SLC which is actually closer to Spokane than San Jose:

Spokane to SLC: 721 miles
Spokane to San Jose: 909 miles

ridgebackzag
11-13-2012, 12:16 PM
There are two subregionals: one in San Jose and one in Salt Lake City. The west regional is in Los Angeles (sweet 16/elite 8). If the Zags are a top 4 seed, I expect to see them sent to SLC which is actually closer to Spokane than San Jose:

Lots of direct flights from GEG to SLC. :-D

kclubfounder
11-13-2012, 05:00 PM
Salt Lake City seems preferable to me because we are much more likely to have the local fans on our side, and the comparative distance from WA isn't significant.

1) The city and region will love the Stockton name for ever and ever, so even if we didn't have one of his offspring playing a prominent role we would have plenty of fans who simply support his Alma Mater. Add David and it will probably be even stronger support.

2) Having BYU in the conference is also a plus.

BobZag
11-13-2012, 05:02 PM
BZ, who is this Roy Orbison dude you speak of? And when will I see you again? This Sunday? Play hard, rest easy, my friend......

Only Roy can answer your question. I'll be there Friday night for the women's game and Sunday for the men. I'll see you and your daughter there. ;)

3zagda
11-13-2012, 05:03 PM
Thanks for the correction CDC.
Either San Jose or SLC would be nice for the Zags, & much better than going to the East Coast or something.
And the sweet 16, elite 8 will be in LA? I know a Zag that will be really excited to here that!

UberZagFan
11-13-2012, 05:10 PM
Only Roy can answer your question. I'll be there Friday night for the women's game and Sunday for the men. I'll see you and your daughter there. ;)

BZ, who is this Roy Orbison dude you speak of? And when will I see you again? This Sunday? Play hard, rest easy, my friend......

This board is playing tricks on Uber. IZF's post was made at "Today 05:23 PM" according to what Uber sees (and that has yet to occur in this time zone) and BZ's post was made at "Today 05:02 PM" - twenty minutes before what it was in reply to. Hmm. A weird Time Zone episode or is the apocalypse upon us?

IrishZagFan
11-13-2012, 05:23 PM

surfmonkey89
11-13-2012, 08:54 PM

I can't speak for Roy, because I'm not Roy Orbison, but I'm hoping to make it to Spokane this year. If so, I'll definitely stop by and say hi.

ValencyLovesZagsInAtlanta
11-13-2012, 09:39 PM

Hi CDC,

Thanks for breaking down the miles for us! SLC to LA to ATL sounds like a pathway to paradise for our beloved Zags! This is the year baby! One small step at a time while enjoying the journey! All of us deserve it as fans!

Coach Few is gonna bring it this year with our cohesive and talented team! Ya baby! 1 step at a time! :)

Thx
Val