PDA

View Full Version : beat down

BULLDOG#1
11-12-2012, 09:09 PM
wow.

This is crazy. I can't remember ANY huggy coached team getting smacked down like this...

are the zags that good or WV that bad?

CDC84
11-12-2012, 10:29 PM
Huggy Bear's team looked like a rec league team tonight. You can add all the talented transfers that you want, but it doesn't make them a team. They played as if they had never played together before. They need easier games than this in order to get it together. What baffles me is why they have scheduled zero games between now and the start of the Old Spice Classic. They could've scheduled at least 2 guarantee games to get some work in.

Just_An_Old_Zag
11-12-2012, 10:32 PM
I dont like Huggins or his goon Frank Martin or the new Kansas State coach
Bruce Webber anytime we can beat them is a great win.

Mark Few treats his players with respect.

The other three coaches named...not so much...

Oregonzagnut
11-12-2012, 10:36 PM
I dont like Huggins or his goon Frank Martin or the new Kansas State coach
Bruce Webber anytime we can beat them is a great win.

Mark Few treats his players with respect.

The other three coaches named...not so much...

They have different styles, but Huggins has shown some deep caring and respect to his players in the past. He is harsh, but IMO he cares. Physical minded and animated coaches tend to get a bad rap anyway. That is why Few is so respected. Quietly racking up wins without drama.

The guys you mention are nothing compared to some of the sleazy Div1 meat grinder coaches like Gillespie, Pitino, Calhoun, Pearl, etc etc.

Zag365
11-12-2012, 10:41 PM
Wow. I was just hoping that we could pull off a W by 7-8 pts. What was I thinking! The effort and hustle were great. We filled the stat sheet with good numbers - assists, low TOs, high 3 pt. %, rebounds. The only negative was the free throw shooting.

Our depth, even w/o KO, really helped since we were able to play physical without having to worry that we'd foul out starters and not be able to cover with our bench.

I thought E quietly played a key role. Great D, got his share of rebounds and gradually scored in double digits. Nothing too flashy, but made a major contribution by driving on Noreen and Kilicli to get them both to foul out, which really took the wind out of WVU's sails.

Oregonzagnut
11-12-2012, 10:45 PM
WV is a hodge-podge right now of great talent but no chemistry or flow yet.

But I see one of the best defensive teams Gonzaga has ever had! And all our guards esp. Stockton are proving themselves defensively.

ZagsGoZags
11-12-2012, 10:45 PM
the only way WVU looked like rec league was with offense
their defense was at times smothering, quick, and athletic
they are NOT terrible
we are that good
it has been a long time since I have seen a gongaza team play for greath lengths of the whole game with such defensive intensity

caduceus
11-12-2012, 10:54 PM
I read it was the worst WVU loss since 2005.

Mantua
11-13-2012, 12:20 AM
I thought E quietly played a key role. Great D, got his share of rebounds and gradually scored in double digits. Nothing too flashy, but made a major contribution by driving on Noreen and Kilicli to get them both to foul out, which really took the wind out of WVU's sails.

I think Harris does lead this team in his own way with his ferocity and determination. Driving on Noreen was payback for that phoney flop he took in the previous play. Right before Harris's drive into Noreen there was a shot of a frustrated Karnowski on the bench, but the nonchalant expression on Pangos face led me to think that something was going to happen we would all be happy about. Both Harris and Edi were looking out for their teammates tonight.

bigblahla
11-13-2012, 05:37 AM
the only way WVU looked like rec league was with offense
their defense was at times smothering, quick, and athletic
they are NOT terrible
we are that good
it has been a long time since I have seen a gongaza team play for greath lengths of the whole game with such defensive intensity

+1000

Go!! Zags!!!

bartruff1
11-13-2012, 05:50 AM
WV is a hodge-podge right now of great talent but no chemistry or flow yet.

But I see one of the best defensive teams Gonzaga has ever had! And all our guards esp. Stockton are proving themselves defensively. WV is baddddd....but the Gonzaga team defense was solid...they were a turnover machine...

ZagsGoZags
11-15-2012, 11:51 PM
and it is hard for some players to maintain defensive intensity when the team is up by 25 points in the last fourth of the game,

but we, i.e. THEY did it