PDA

View Full Version : Our football and basketball sucks ass

Mountaineer
11-12-2012, 09:06 PM
and no Pens hockey because of the damn NHL lockout. Heaven sakes, it's going to be a super duper long winter. Congrats Gonzaga for kicking our ass a 2nd straight time. But there is still good news. There is a chance that we may meet again in a few weeks so you can go for the Hat Trick of all ass-kickings.

Oregonzagnut
11-12-2012, 09:12 PM
I still think once you get clicking you will get to the dance. Unless this nearly all new line-up cannot function together.

Humphrey? 3 schools? You have a lot of good individual talent but you haven't had the time or experience to gel.

Too late for that in Spokane though..... me thinks.

TacomaZAG
11-12-2012, 09:19 PM
Not the best 20 minutes of BBall for WV. Keep the faith Mountaineer, it can only get better from here. It's their first game of the season, and the Kennel is not an easy place to play. Hopefully, we'll meet again in a couple of weeks and your guys have started to gel a bit.

Pretty rough start..........

Go ZAGS

Mountaineer
11-12-2012, 09:20 PM
I think we'll be pretty solid/good on defense this year but the offense will be garbage. Doesn't matter how good you play defense if you can't score 40 points. Doom and Gloom, doom and gloom for WVU. After getting our asses kicked by Oklahoma State this past Saturday, I was ready for basketball. Now after this ass kicking, I'm ready for the football game on Saturday against Oklahoma. I'm screwed either way :roll:

Birddog
11-12-2012, 10:31 PM
Mountaineer, I like your style and apparent sense of humor. It hasn't been a good couple of weeks for you.

CDC84
11-12-2012, 10:47 PM
Your basketball team needs games against Grambling State and Florida A&M in order to find some sort of team identity. They are simply not used to playing with each other in real game situations. It's not a talent issue. I mentioned this another post, but I have no idea why Huggins and Co. didn't schedule any guarantee games between now and the start of the Old Spice Classic next week.

Mountaineer
11-12-2012, 10:48 PM
2012 has been God awful for me in sports, I have no idea how we destroyed Clemson in the Orange Bowl back in January because everything else has went completely terrible this year. Let's do a little recap of the 2012 sports in my perspective or at least my teams

My Steelers got Tebow'd on the very first play in overtime.

You guys demolished us in the 1st round of NCAA Tournament

I absolutely hate UK and they won the basketball championship. I live 1 minute from Kentucky and they are all die hard UK fans. I only live like 2 hours from Lexington so that was not fun to hear the UK fans talk smack

Not huge NBA fan but I do like the Thunder because of Kevin Durant. They got beat in the NBA finals.

Huge Tiger Woods fan and he choked away a few majors.

US choked away the Ryder Cup, very embarrassing and pathetic.

My Pittsburgh Penguins got beat in the 1st round of Playoffs to our hated rival Philadelphia Flyers

My Cincinnati Reds choked on a big one after going up 2-0 on the Giants. Went to San Francisco and won 2 games. Came back home to play 3 games. All we needed was 1 win, just 1 win. But nope, we got swept at home to the Giants and they went on to win the World Series.

I thought for sure I was finally going to see a Triple Crown winner as "I'll Have Another" won the first 2 legs and then suffered a random freak injury. Then that was pissed down the drain, probably will never get to see one in my lifetime.

WVU football starts out 5-0 and we have lost 4 straight games so we are currently 5-4 and we host #12 Oklahoma on Saturday. They will destroy us for our 5th straight loss. Then we travel to Ames to face a solid Iowa State team and Ames is a tough place to play as everyone knows what happened to Oklahoma State last year. So that'll be 6 straight losses. Then we will be forced to beat Charlie Weiss so we can play in some #### bowl game in New York City against one of our former foes in the Big East Conference.

WVU women's soccer wins Big 12 regular season title as they did not get beat once. They did have a tie but they did not get beat once and took home the regular season title and was the #1 seed in the Big 12 Tournament. Guess what happens? They lose in the 1st round to last seed TCU. Then they get into the NCAA tournament and hosted the 1st round matchup and ended up getting beat by Princeton. Pathetic

Then WVU basketball, we all know what happened tonight. Terrible year of sports for me, absolutely pathetic.

Oregonzagnut
11-12-2012, 10:53 PM
2012 has been God awful for me in sports, I have no idea how we destroyed Clemson in the Orange Bowl back in January because everything else has went completely terrible this year.

Then WVU basketball, we all know what happened tonight. Terrible year of sports for me, absolutely pathetic.

Well, We appreciate your opinions and your conversation here. Maybe if you jump on the Zag bandwagon 2012 won't be a total loss.

At least 2013 can only get better. Right? ;)

MDABE80
11-12-2012, 10:54 PM
Sorry....tough year for you. The talent is there for the basketball team. Needs a good deal of coaching and coming together as a team. it'll get better......a lot better.

Mountaineer
11-12-2012, 11:08 PM
I've always like Gonzaga since I was a kid. I was around 12 years old when Gonzaga started to become a Cinderella. Of course, Gonzaga is no longer considered a Cinderella as Gonzaga is a well-established basketball program. But I've always liked watching Gonzaga play. I know you guys hate St. Mary's but I've also started to enjoy watching them play. The West Coast Conference is a fun and exciting basketball league. A little conference but brings a big punch when you have teams like you guys, St. Marys, BYU, etc. Pretty solid/strong basketball conference. Plus, it allows me to watch late night basketball. That's one awesome thing about living on the East Coast. I can watch you guys play basketball at 12am or 1am. Awesome stuff, don't get that opportunity on the West Coast. Then again, you guys get 9am football on Saturdays or 10am football on Sundays with the 3 hour time difference. I guess whichever you'd prefer. I like the late night games, gives me something to watch as I go to sleep. Much better than watching regular television since television has went to Hell in a handbasket in recent years due to their love and obsession with stupid reality bullcrap.

MickMick
11-12-2012, 11:10 PM
I really want to believe that GU is simply that good.

WVU can help this belief by beating down some future opponents.

Good luck the rest of the way Mountaineer.

gozagswoohoo
11-12-2012, 11:23 PM
I think WVU is and will be a much better team that this score makes it seem...

Mountaineer
11-12-2012, 11:29 PM
I believe I would actually be a happy person if there were no sports in life. I invest too much time and energy into sports. I wish there were no sports. Girls have nothing on sports when it comes to breaking a guy's heart. Hell, I just wish I didn't care. Perhaps, if we can go through a few losing seasons...then I'll no longer have expectations which means I can sit back and enjoy every game despite if we are getting destroyed or winning.

SteelZag
11-12-2012, 11:34 PM
If you are having trouble sleeping, move to WA and within month you shouldn't have any problem at all!

Mountaineer
11-12-2012, 11:41 PM
If you are having trouble sleeping, move to WA and within month you shouldn't have any problem at all!

Didn't they pass the legalization of marijuana? If so, then I may just move to WA :cool:

SteelZag
11-13-2012, 12:24 AM
But it sounds like you will still need a medicinal marijuana card for the time being. I'm sure your insomia will qualify. Support Washington going green as this is our only planet!

Mountaineer
11-13-2012, 12:54 AM
I will never understand why marijuana is illegal in the first place. People have consumed marijuana for thousands of years. Never was an issue until our government about 60 years ago. But people on TV say it's very bad and it's a gateway drug. Gateway my ass. Alcohol is far worse and is more of a gateway drug. I have smoked weed and drank. I can clearly say I had more control of my body under marijuana consumption compared to alcohol. Also, alcohol is far worse to the human body. Also, violent behavior is associated with alcohol. Thus why so many abuse cases are alcohol related or sexual assault/rape cases due to alcohol consumption. Then this war on drugs only wastes American tax dollars and feeds the Mexican Drug Cartel. Then all the tax revenue being wasted on locking people away for simple petty crimes like possession of marijuana. And people wonder why America locks away more people than any other country and why we are having issues with over populated jails. Also, if you legalize it. You will make significant tax revenue. This can be used to modernize our infrastructure since countries like China are much more advanced when it comes to infrastructure. Everything in America is old and outdated, America prefers to put a band aid on the problem instead of doing surgery. Like patching roads instead of just paving them. Also, that money could be used to invest in education. Modernize technology used in the classroom to make learning more fun, cool, and exciting. Nobody wants to read and follow old text-books. Want kids to learn? Make it fun for them.

There is 0 negatives or consequences for legalizing marijuana. My favorite counter argument is "there will be potheads everywhere". Oh yeah? Alcohol is legal and there are not drunks everywhere. Gambling is legal but not everyone is gambling their house and car away. There will always be a few idiots who cannot control their habit and will abuse it. Then they will commit crimes to such as stealing to feed their habits. People fail to realize that they probably know many people who have or still consumes marijuana but they have no idea because those people can control their habit. They don't smoke weed every day, they pay their bills before they consume weed, they don't get high and make a big scene. Back to the health issues. People say oh it's so dangerous. Why not implement a triple tax on fast food since obesity is linked to more deaths in America than alcohol and marijuana combined. Our great ancestors smoked marijuana but I don't recall any of them eating a Big Mac and large fry.

ZagaZags
11-13-2012, 01:13 AM
Is moving back to Washington now.

DixieZag
11-13-2012, 03:14 AM
I will never understand why marijuana is illegal in the first place. People have consumed marijuana for thousands of years. Never was an issue until our government about 60 years ago. But people on TV say it's very bad and it's a gateway drug. Gateway my ass. Alcohol is far worse and is more of a gateway drug. I have smoked weed and drank. I can clearly say I had more control of my body under marijuana consumption compared to alcohol. Also, alcohol is far worse to the human body. Also, violent behavior is associated with alcohol. Thus why so many abuse cases are alcohol related or sexual assault/rape cases due to alcohol consumption. Then this war on drugs only wastes American tax dollars and feeds the Mexican Drug Cartel. Then all the tax revenue being wasted on locking people away for simple petty crimes like possession of marijuana. And people wonder why America locks away more people than any other country and why we are having issues with over populated jails. Also, if you legalize it. You will make significant tax revenue. This can be used to modernize our infrastructure since countries like China are much more advanced when it comes to infrastructure. Everything in America is old and outdated, America prefers to put a band aid on the problem instead of doing surgery. Like patching roads instead of just paving them. Also, that money could be used to invest in education. Modernize technology used in the classroom to make learning more fun, cool, and exciting. Nobody wants to read and follow old text-books. Want kids to learn? Make it fun for them.

There is 0 negatives or consequences for legalizing marijuana. My favorite counter argument is "there will be potheads everywhere". Oh yeah? Alcohol is legal and there are not drunks everywhere. Gambling is legal but not everyone is gambling their house and car away. There will always be a few idiots who cannot control their habit and will abuse it. Then they will commit crimes to such as stealing to feed their habits. People fail to realize that they probably know many people who have or still consumes marijuana but they have no idea because those people can control their habit. They don't smoke weed every day, they pay their bills before they consume weed, they don't get high and make a big scene. Back to the health issues. People say oh it's so dangerous. Why not implement a triple tax on fast food since obesity is linked to more deaths in America than alcohol and marijuana combined. Our great ancestors smoked marijuana but I don't recall any of them eating a Big Mac and large fry.

You are a good guy to have around and I do feel for your sports year. Everything you say above is valid - - - I would, however, point out that given the depth of your depression over your sports year, that it would behoove you to speak to your family doctor as he/she does have some significantly useful medicines made precisely for people, like you, who's teams are sucking their will to live.

Paxil, Zoloft and such can treat long term depression associated with shooting 1/13 from the 3 over a half - - they are now generic too, so not as expensive.

On an acute, emergency, level, some klonopin or Xanax can keep you from ripping your dog's throat out during your 5th straight football loss.

Ambien, Melatonin, and L-Tryptophan are all effective at helping one sleep instead of lying awake questioning your very self worth b/c you love teams that are sucking so bad.

Ibuprofen can be invaluable for the pain that follows from pounding your head against a wall as your team turns the ball over again.

Good luck and hopefully you have an Rx card!

Mountaineer
11-13-2012, 03:30 AM
I could easily qualify for some nerve pills. I'm a Ginger, I have a very low patience level and can get mad very easily. However, I'm not bad as I use to be. I'm only 24 but I've mellowed out. Perhaps, I no longer care. It's the best way to be in life regardless of the situation. Just don't care. The one who cares the least, loses the least. The one who cares the most, loses the most. I just don't see how Constitutionally it can be illegal. It pretty much opens up Pandora Box. What's next? The government will tell you what music you will or will not listen to? What sports you will or will not play? What foods you will or will not eat? What job you will or will not have? Who you will or will not date? If you're allowed to have a child or not? Who has the right to sit there and say you can't smoke weed, especially in your own residence during your own time. If you are walking down the street and lighting up, then sure. But in your own residence? I don't see how anyone can sit there and tell you what you can or cannot do as long as it does not affect others in a negative way which would then be criminal if others faced harm. But I'm pretty confident that smoking weed in your house does not put anyone else at harm. Also, how in the hell is tobacco legal but marijuana is not? I know lobbyists and big corporations but still.

Then again, government already trying to tell kids what they can or cannot eat in school. Must eat healthy blah blah blah. What about more exercise? Instead of taking away food or forcing kids to eat certain foods, just make them take an extra PE class. That also pisses me off because there are many kids who live in poverty. They don't have the luxury of eating many or big meals while they are at home. Perhaps, the meals at school are the only meals they get. And the government wants to take that away because they should "eat healthy" Complete horse crap. This country is currently what our founding fathers originally designed our country not to be. Too big, government too big and too powerful. I think Thomas Jefferson once said : "If the people fear the Government, there is tyranny. If the government fears the people, there is liberty"

Sorry to get off - topic from the basketball game. Just in a rambling mood today I guess.

Robzagnut
11-13-2012, 08:34 AM
2012 has been God awful for me in sports, I have no idea how we destroyed Clemson in the Orange Bowl back in January because everything else has went completely terrible this year. Let's do a little recap of the 2012 sports in my perspective or at least my teams

My Steelers got Tebow'd on the very first play in overtime.

You guys demolished us in the 1st round of NCAA Tournament

I absolutely hate UK and they won the basketball championship. I live 1 minute from Kentucky and they are all die hard UK fans. I only live like 2 hours from Lexington so that was not fun to hear the UK fans talk smack

Not huge NBA fan but I do like the Thunder because of Kevin Durant. They got beat in the NBA finals.

Huge Tiger Woods fan and he choked away a few majors.

US choked away the Ryder Cup, very embarrassing and pathetic.

My Pittsburgh Penguins got beat in the 1st round of Playoffs to our hated rival Philadelphia Flyers

My Cincinnati Reds choked on a big one after going up 2-0 on the Giants. Went to San Francisco and won 2 games. Came back home to play 3 games. All we needed was 1 win, just 1 win. But nope, we got swept at home to the Giants and they went on to win the World Series.

I thought for sure I was finally going to see a Triple Crown winner as "I'll Have Another" won the first 2 legs and then suffered a random freak injury. Then that was pissed down the drain, probably will never get to see one in my lifetime.

WVU football starts out 5-0 and we have lost 4 straight games so we are currently 5-4 and we host #12 Oklahoma on Saturday. They will destroy us for our 5th straight loss. Then we travel to Ames to face a solid Iowa State team and Ames is a tough place to play as everyone knows what happened to Oklahoma State last year. So that'll be 6 straight losses. Then we will be forced to beat Charlie Weiss so we can play in some #### bowl game in New York City against one of our former foes in the Big East Conference.

WVU women's soccer wins Big 12 regular season title as they did not get beat once. They did have a tie but they did not get beat once and took home the regular season title and was the #1 seed in the Big 12 Tournament. Guess what happens? They lose in the 1st round to last seed TCU. Then they get into the NCAA tournament and hosted the 1st round matchup and ended up getting beat by Princeton. Pathetic

And to make things worse, Big Ben gets hurt right before two games with the hated Ravens!!! At least we won the game last night.

I've been a Steeler fan for 40 years and the injury bug this year is irritating me. We could handle the O line, three RBs down, constant LB injuries and Troy being out, but Roethlisberger is the one player we cannot do without.

SteeleMan
11-13-2012, 09:32 AM
Excellent observation here. The time slot for this game turned out to be brutal for the Eers as well.

Your basketball team needs games against Grambling State and Florida A&M in order to find some sort of team identity. They are simply not used to playing with each other in real game situations. It's not a talent issue. I mentioned this another post, but I have no idea why Huggins and Co. didn't schedule any guarantee games between now and the start of the Old Spice Classic next week.

Jazzgirl_127
11-13-2012, 09:36 AM
I had sports radio on yesterday and they were talking about how WVU's football season started out so well and then just tanked. Maybe next season they'll start off strong and keep it going.

Mountaineer, I didn't know you followed the Pens! I think the worst part of the playoffs last year was seeing Talbot in a jersey that wasn't ours, he's a great playoff player and I miss him. How'd you become a fan (other than proximity) you're too young to remember the back to back Cup wins ;)

I'm not going to lie, when I saw the Steeler game was on ESPN last night, my first thought was "I hope it doesn't run over its allotted time because the Zags are playing!" I've caught maybe 10 minutes of their games total this season, my heart is just not in pro football this year...and hearing that so many of the defensive players are out doesn't help get me back in the spirit either.