PDA

View Full Version : I've got a feeling that Special K may be our first "one and done"

thespywhozaggedme
11-09-2012, 07:54 PM
The NBA drafts on potential. This kid is a legit 7 foot, almost 300lbs, has great hands , advanced posts moves that we haven't seen since JP and has a great motor, hustling down the court all of the time.

zagzilla
11-09-2012, 07:57 PM
Talk to me after we see him against top tier BCS bigs but very promising debut

thespywhozaggedme
11-09-2012, 08:08 PM
Talk to me after we see him against top tier BCS bigs but very promising debut

Fair enough. On a related note what "bigs" do we face this year that might give Karno trouble?

CDC84
11-09-2012, 08:16 PM
I'm anxious to see him against the big Turkish dude on Monday night. I mean, Kilicli isn't a great talent, but he's big, rugged and physical.

Karno has got to hit those foul shots. He's better than that. He has good form on his shot.

thespywhozaggedme
11-09-2012, 08:18 PM
I'm anxious to see him against the big Turkish dude on Monday night. I mean, Kilicli isn't a great talent, but he's big, rugged and physical.

Karno has got to hit those foul shots. He's better than that. He has good form on his shot.

Wow, good call. Kilicli looks like a lumberjack. lol

adoptedzag
11-09-2012, 08:23 PM
Baylor has a legit 7 footer also, we'll see him in late december.

MTZag03
11-09-2012, 08:43 PM
I think the next game will be a big test. Give him a shot against an aggressive big and see how he responds. My thought is that a this point in his development Shrek is not as strong/brutish, but definitely more talented than the WV big. I think Kilicii will have a much better game than he did against Sacre. He was 4-7 from the field for 10 points with 4 rebs. I'm guessing 17 points 8 rebs, which will not be enough as GU will win by 13. Book it.

ValencyLovesZagsInAtlanta
11-09-2012, 09:09 PM

Huggins is very high on Aaric Murray. As a matter of fact he is very high on his team this year and one of the reasons is Murray. His stat lines at Lasalle are impressive. I have only seen Murray play 1 time on TV. He dominated the game on the defensive end. It was an A-10 game against a cellar dweeler though if my memory isnt failing me! LOL

http://www.wvusports.com/profile.cfm?id=102350&sport=mbball

Val :)

Oregonzagnut
11-09-2012, 11:44 PM
Huggins is very high on Aaric Murray. As a matter of fact he is very high on his team this year and one of the reasons is Murray. His stat lines at Lasalle are impressive. I have only seen Murray play 1 time on TV. He dominated the game on the defensive end. It was an A-10 game against a cellar dweeler though if my memory isnt failing me! LOL

http://www.wvusports.com/profile.cfm?id=102350&sport=mbball

Val :)

Huggy Bear always puts out physical teams and Aaric epitomizes this. PK will get a huge test against him and Kilicli. We also will see another Euro, V. Gerun in his first game in Div 1. If we hold our own against their front court, our guards can tear them up. We have a great inside and outside threat and there isn't a defense that can handle a perfectly balanced team.

I think we are close. Lets pray Elias is OK!

bartruff1
11-10-2012, 03:53 AM
I think his name is something like Davies.... that will be something to measure against....

Martin Centre Mad Man
11-10-2012, 04:24 AM
I think his name is something like Davies.... that will be something to measure against....

Davies is really quick and has a great motor. Karnivore has a huge size advantage over that kid, but playing against a superior athlete, like Davies, will be a great way to measure his development.

bartruff1
11-10-2012, 04:29 AM
Davies is really quick and has a great motor. Karnivore has a huge size advantage over that kid, but playing against a superior athlete, like Davies, will be a great way to measure his development.

With Hartsock playing with Derek....Davies is getting more touches and he knows what to do with the ball... I have been watching them on BYUTV....

I am no coach, but Chuckitup has not improved as a point guard...

DCZag
11-10-2012, 04:50 AM
I'm not ready to annoint the big guy just yet - potential is there, but he hasn't had any kind of challenge yet. Lets see what the next 8 weeks brings before we start the one and done talk. Does anyone remember this same discussion about EH a few years ago?

RenoZag
11-10-2012, 05:35 AM
There's that big fellow at SMC that gave us fits last year. . .oh, yeah, Waldow. . .

ValencyLovesZagsInAtlanta
11-10-2012, 05:54 AM
Huggy Bear always puts out physical teams and Aaric epitomizes this. PK will get a huge test against him and Kilicli. We also will see another Euro, V. Gerun in his first game in Div 1. If we hold our own against their front court, our guards can tear them up. We have a great inside and outside threat and there isn't a defense that can handle a perfectly balanced team.

I think we are close. Lets pray Elias is OK!

Thanks OZN! I never heard of V. Gerun! I'm gonna look him up now! Cool! Our team is going to have a special year!

You and I are a lot alike with the whole injury thingy concern. Some injuries are just so random and others are preventable. I think it will take a lot to keep E off the court this year.

"Life is like walking, you take one step at a time"- Taylor Swift

Anything can be achieved with hard work. You don't need to hurry about it.. each step matters, it will lead our Zags to the right destination. We know where that is! :)

Have a nice weekend OZN!

Warmest
Vxo :)

RockandRollJames
11-10-2012, 08:36 AM
Brad. Waldow.

Goshzagit
11-10-2012, 08:43 AM
Brad. Waldow.

Honestly, Delly played solid vs Zags last season, but by and large, Big Bad Brad was thee official Zag Killer.

Without Waldow, we would have cruised to another WCC Championship.

The pick 'n roll b/w Waldow and Delly was unstoppable last season and will be again this season, unless we quit the fronting method vs superior PG's. Delly is an OK shooter, but lets guard their strength and not worry as much as 3pt line vs SMC. The moment we switched and adjusted Sacre away from flashing on the perimeter, we made our comeback.

Hope we live & learned.

thespywhozaggedme
11-10-2012, 09:54 AM
I'm not ready to annoint the big guy just yet - potential is there, but he hasn't had any kind of challenge yet. Lets see what the next 8 weeks brings before we start the one and done talk. Does anyone remember this same discussion about EH a few years ago?

EH has always been and will alway be a "tweener". Special K is a legit center; a very good one.

JPtheBeasta
11-10-2012, 10:19 AM
"Life is like walking, you take one step at a time"- Taylor Swift

What's with all of the Taylor Swift, lately ? :) You don't happen to be Matt Bouldin in disguise?

sonuvazag
11-10-2012, 10:23 AM
What's with all of the Taylor Swift, lately ? :) You don't happen to be Matt Bouldin in disguise?

haha I thought the same thing.

HillBillyZag
11-10-2012, 10:41 AM
If you did'nt watch the Kentucky vs Maryland game?, you missed seeing Maryland's big Lithuanian five, Len, put up 22 pts, 11 boards, and 4 blocks against the Noel, Wiltjer, and another burger boy Kentucky big. Len is down to around 265 now, mobile, hostile,, and agile!! I think we will see Karnowski ultimately playing at around that weight and be better yet by the time he leaves GU.

Worthington
11-10-2012, 10:41 AM
Karnowski has an incredible skillset. If I were him I'd insure those hands for millions cause those are going to make him a rich dude! Thing that struck me the most watching him play last night is how much fitter he already looks out there. He's clearly lost some weight and if he hits the gym hard he's going to be a freaking specimen.

Vanzagger
11-10-2012, 11:21 AM
the first time I saw him on youtube I said...Holy sheeee!t.

Let's get a deep run and Karno some scratch soon. It's good for the program.