PDA

View Full Version : Kennel Club=Lame

zagmantis2001
11-09-2012, 07:35 PM
First game of the season. Top 25 in the polls. Friday night. A whole section of the kennel club absent. Nice job for those that showed up. Rest of you total apathy.

DirtyDredZag
11-09-2012, 08:38 PM
they remind me of our current university president. dull, uninteresting, and not a spec of creativity.

Ekrub
11-09-2012, 09:25 PM
I've noticed a trend since the school took control of the KC

Pargo the Destroyer
11-09-2012, 09:31 PM
They had great energy to start the game. That tiny pie shaped section on the west end was the only section not filled with kc'ers. They kept it up in a blowout game and went nuts when Rem drained his 3. Ease up. They were great. Nothing is ever going to be like "the good old days". The atmosphere was great. Their gangnam style dance was a sight to see

GoGU
11-09-2012, 10:05 PM
Getting kinda tired of the constant criticism. Yeah, some of my friends are lazy and didn't come to the game tonight. I was disappointed too, but I think it's unfair for you to stand here and proclaim our effort as "lame" when there was great energy throughout the game. There were some lulls early in the second half as the game out out of hand, but we loved seeing the Zags put the Franklin on the scoreboard, and the Rem Bakamus 3 was a special moment.

Also, the unprovoked hate for Thayne isn't cool, man. Most of the students here kinda like him. If you want to criticize him, do it on one of the other sections. Might I suggest the "Gonzaga University Talk" board?

</rant>

Pargo the Destroyer
11-09-2012, 10:12 PM
You guys were great. My girlfriend had never been to a game and was so impressed. Bring it against WVU.

Getting kinda tired of the constant criticism. Yeah, some of my friends are lazy and didn't come to the game tonight. I was disappointed too, but I think it's unfair for you to stand here and proclaim our effort as "lame" when there was great energy throughout the game. There were some lulls early in the second half as the game out out of hand, but we loved seeing the Zags put the Franklin on the scoreboard, and the Rem Bakamus 3 was a special moment.

Also, the unprovoked hate for Thayne isn't cool, man. Most of the students here kinda like him. If you want to criticize him, do it on one of the other sections. Might I suggest the "Gonzaga University Talk" board?

</rant>

ID ZAGFAN
11-09-2012, 10:22 PM

</rant>

+1 gazillion

GoGU
11-09-2012, 10:30 PM
You guys were great. My girlfriend had never been to a game and was so impressed. Bring it against WVU.

Oh, we will.

From an email from the Kennel Board President:

Ticket distribution for the West Virginia University game will be this Sunday at 10am at the student entrance to the MAC. Again, the tweet about the camping location will be tweeted from the @kcboard account at 4 pm on Sunday and tents must be up by 6pm.

For those who have never seen what the Kennel Club tent city looks like, watch this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnJGsgWRjxo

#ZagUp

Ekrub
11-09-2012, 10:43 PM
Call me immature (I am) but I used to like it when the KC got borderline innapropriate. Not blaming the students, and just my opinion

gu03alum
11-10-2012, 04:56 AM
This thread = lame

gu03alum
11-10-2012, 05:04 AM
they remind me of our current university president. dull, uninteresting, and not a spec of creativity.

I'm not sure you'd say that if you knew him.

GUZag08
11-10-2012, 05:32 AM
The inevitable d*ck thread that's started at the beginning of every year to bum people out a little bit

Zagquette
11-10-2012, 09:34 AM
Wouldn't be a new season if some old alumni or non-alumni doesn't take a swip at the kennel club. lame. One of the best student sections in the country...

Give it a rest....

HenneZag
11-10-2012, 02:52 PM
The student section can only do so much...I think they started great, obviously against an oppenent that we are demoloshing, its hard to keep the intensity the entire game.

The rest is up to the fans, honestly this is were I see the drop in entuhisiasm. I was at the game last night, and for the most part, the fans in my section just sat the whole game, didn't make noise or get up when they were supposed to...

This is the problem, so Fans! get up and make some noise, there is a reason why we are so successful in the MAC, lets not decline now..the fans need to get up, take part in the cheers or atleast make some friggin noise..I really don't get it. SO for me I thought the KC was just fine...its the fans that need to shore up the KC and make the MAC off the hook.

Bring on WV!

sittingon50
11-10-2012, 09:27 PM
The OP was about the #'s of the KC, not the effort.

I agree.

TheBeast
11-11-2012, 05:48 AM
No one will ever be happy with the KC or their numbers or their attitude or their volume or their language or level of sobriety or level of intoxication or their cheer rotation or who is in charge or who isn't in charge or where the money goes or who it comes from or the design of the shirt or the color of the shirt or the shade of the color of the shirt or anything ever ever ever.

Death, taxes, complaints about the KC.

zagmantis2001
11-11-2012, 09:37 AM
No one will ever be happy with the KC or their numbers or their attitude or their volume or their language or level of sobriety or level of intoxication or their cheer rotation or who is in charge or who isn't in charge or where the money goes or who it comes from or the design of the shirt or the color of the shirt or the shade of the color of the shirt or anything ever ever ever.

Death, taxes, complaints about the KC.

The tickets are reserved for students. If you can't fill them, kiss them goodbye. I have no problem with the students that actually showed up-they were great. The point is, the university could make thousands on those seats for season ticket holders. Its embarassing that the "yearly" thread had to be the first game of the season. Usually the excuse is midterms, day of the game, time, opponent, blah blah blah. What's the excuse now?

TheBeast
11-12-2012, 11:03 PM
The tickets are reserved for students. If you can't fill them, kiss them goodbye. I have no problem with the students that actually showed up-they were great. The point is, the university could make thousands on those seats for season ticket holders. Its embarassing that the "yearly" thread had to be the first game of the season. Usually the excuse is midterms, day of the game, time, opponent, blah blah blah. What's the excuse now?

My zipper got stuck.