PDA

View Full Version : - - -GUnit of the Game- - - (Southern Utah)

gozagswoohoo
11-09-2012, 07:05 PM
Wow. BEATDOWN central. LOVE it!

zag67
11-09-2012, 07:08 PM
I agree and they really looked great on D and moving the ball.

Once and Future Zag
11-09-2012, 07:08 PM
PK

zagfan24
11-09-2012, 07:12 PM
Tough time deciding between Edi and Karnowski, but chose PK due to his seemingly improving over the course of the game.

Ziggy
11-09-2012, 07:14 PM
The Big Pole with a great Frosh Coming Out Party !

zagapotomus
11-09-2012, 07:14 PM
Never let up - that's what's been missing for the last several years. In the past, second string team meant the opposition starts closing the gap. Not so this year so far. It means a lot that GBJ would comment how we can go 10 deep and keep rolling. Go zags baby

GU69
11-09-2012, 07:24 PM
Wow. Karnowski is the real deal. It's going to be fun watching him over the year. If this is the starting point, what's he going to be like in conference play?

Plus, earlier reports on this board said that Kelly has really improved. I can't wait to see him in action too.

MickMick
11-09-2012, 07:34 PM
The two players that look like they have improved the most are Stockton and Edi. Both playing very, very well.

I chose Edi.

kitzbuel
11-09-2012, 07:36 PM
Gle

ZagNative
11-09-2012, 07:41 PM
I chose Edi too. He was Heister & Co's Player of the game, as well.

zagzilla
11-09-2012, 07:55 PM
GLE had carer high in points and rebounds makes me feel much better about the 3 position which is worth the Unit to me. Nice game-especially the windmill dunk

Bogozags
11-09-2012, 07:59 PM
We are undefeated and still have a chance to run the table!
The TEAM played very well, especially on defense, except for Stevenett who had a monster game. Don't know when we last scored 100...might of been a couple of years or more ago...

Toss up between PK and Edi and I picked the frosh...I really liked the way he hustled in transition and you could see he became much more comfortable on offence. I liked the effort KD gave and he made some nice passes BUT hope he looks to shoot more. As mentioned both Edi and DS have really improved

Am sad to see that SD, after three years, has not adjusted his offencive game to use his right hand. Believe it was Fox or D that mentioned that on the air...better players are going to shut the left hand down and force him to go to his left...also seems like his feet were very heavy.

Six in double figures...WOW!

Bogozags
11-09-2012, 08:00 PM
I chose Edi too. He was Heister & Co's Player of the game, as well.

Think they also chose him in the Exhibition as well...

zaguarxj
11-09-2012, 08:20 PM
Not only over 100, but over 100 with only 6 buckets from 3. Very impressive.

Vanzagger
11-09-2012, 08:30 PM
Kyle

titopoet
11-09-2012, 08:49 PM
Tough choice. Edi for career night.

NotoriousZ
11-09-2012, 08:58 PM
There are so many weapons on this team that we might have a ten man rotation. Kelly must be going nuts missing out on all the fun.

Went with Edi again tonight, but could have given it to just about any of them.

SteelZag
11-09-2012, 08:59 PM
I'll vote for the Three Spot. GLE. KD, Barham and Hart had a combined 21 pts., 15 rebounds and 5 assists. The stats are somewhat skewed as Hart and GLE played some mins. at 4 spot. However, it seems as though 12 pts. and 6 rebounds are well within reach and hopefully will become the norm.

Small forward seems to be in good hands.

Reborn
11-09-2012, 09:20 PM
PK...I have not seen a center at GU who is 7' 1" or 7' 2" who plays as hard as this guy. I love the way he plays, especially how he runs the floor. He is only going to get better. And he has that soft left handed hook. Edi was a close 2nd and Stocks 3rd...love his steals and of course his passes.

Nevtelen
11-09-2012, 09:38 PM
PK showed a lot of promise, but when it was tight, missed a lot of bunnies and didn't get to boards. Edi worked hard on the glass, was a defensive monster, fired up the crowd, and looked WAAAAY better than last season. GLE was my GUnit for sure.

ZagNative
11-09-2012, 09:54 PM
PK tweets:
Przemek Karnowski ‏@PKarnowski

Damn free throws... Happy about our first win! #ZagUp Appreciate everybody for supporting us! I wonder how you say "Damn free throws" in Polish ....

2wiceright
11-09-2012, 10:16 PM
Think I'll go with GLE shoring up the 3 spot with 16 points, 7 boards, and 2 steals. He's much more comfortable out there and loved his windmill dunk!

PK had an awesome night (close second) but will be anxious to see how he does against some real bigs from WV. My guess he'll hold his own( even as a freshman- this kid is special).

Finally, my 3rd choice would be both KP and Stocks. Stocks greatly improved from last year. Kevin had ideal true point guard stats, 10 pts., 6 assists, and 4 steals. What a year this could be!!!!!!

sittingon50
11-09-2012, 10:38 PM
Stockton has improved a ton.

bartruff1
11-10-2012, 04:16 AM
PK...I have not seen a center at GU who is 7' 1" or 7' 2" who plays as hard as this guy. I love the way he plays, especially how he runs the floor. He is only going to get better. And he has that soft left handed hook. Edi was a close 2nd and Stocks 3rd...love his steals and of course his passes.....He finishes...he runs...he has HANDS... and I am under the impression he is a very good passer...the season is one game old so we shall see...but I had to give it to him .....Stocks is much improved.

Martin Centre Mad Man
11-10-2012, 04:21 AM
Stockton and GLE looked great, but I'll welcome the new guy. Karnivore gets the nod.

RenoZag
11-10-2012, 08:09 AM
Official Box Score (http://www.gozags.com/ViewContent.dbml?SPSID=627537&SPID=90846&CONTENT_ID=252472&DB_OEM_ID=26400#GAME.BOX)

Baseline
11-10-2012, 08:17 AM
Edi was great, but I gave it to KP as I think we just saw the emergence of a superstar emerge. Yes, he has many things to improve but the upside is so huge. What I liked was the emergence of a little attitude from PK. He started going to the basket aggressively. He best get his free throws down as he will get a ton of them from those trying to stop him.

Stockton looks like a new man !

Hard demands playing time, he makes things happen.

Goshzagit
11-10-2012, 08:28 AM
King Karno gets my nod.

Karnosaurus was a stud.

He deserved POG for his effort alone, imho. He provided so much more energy and hustle than Dower(same position) it wasn't even close...I expect Sam to step it up given the fact his starting role will be long gone by December 1st, if not.

He saw the same thing we saw -- Karn Dog wants to accomplish big things in a big way. He's very serious about improving and getting better and going all out all the time. Its why he left his country and traveled 30+ hrs to get here...he won't let up and even when he's making mistake or missing shots, he's making a difference on the court, not just waiting around for an open jumper or good pass from the guards.

He sets terrific screens, moves the ball well, has magnetic hands, and was aggressive with his moves, btw, how refreshing was it to see him keep the ball over his head on entry passes/1st step moves? wow.

I also think KO has improved as advertised by players, staff, insiders, and coaches...

I have a feeling he'll be 1st off bench and/or starter by Christmas. Of course Sam still has a significant role and might be best offensive player overall on this team, yet he's too much of a liability on defense/lack of rebs/one-sided mindset to justify the starting role, imho. Sam may be moved as Kelly did 2 years ago, UNLESS he picks up his play in a big way, just as Karnowski has done since he arrived and he's still learning the playbook.

Props to P-Rex.

sonuvazag
11-10-2012, 08:52 AM
Pangos: 10 points, 6 assists, 4 steals, 2 rebounds, 0 turnovers, 50% from field and 3pt, and 2 votes. It's a crowded field.

Nevtelen
11-10-2012, 10:42 AM
Pangos: 10 points, 6 assists, 4 steals, 2 rebounds, 0 turnovers, 50% from field and 3pt, and 2 votes. It's a crowded field.

I kinda had the impression that Pangos barely revved the engine of the offense. He pushed the pedal a couple of times to see what was really under the hood (like that no-look to Dower), but didn't really open it up to see what it could do. He probably could have had 20 if he'd wanted to (and he probably should have had a few more assits if some of those bunnies had gone in).

Kiddwell
11-10-2012, 09:39 PM
Not only over 100, but over 100 with only 6 buckets from 3. Very impressive.

Wow, didn't realize that. The nod to Guy Landry Edi. Side Note (from newspaper article in another thread): The Karnivore is down to 290 pounds now. Practically wispy. Knock him over with a feather. He's gonna be dynamite (and a half) when he drops another 15 or so pounds and muscles up.

:]

snebzag
11-11-2012, 07:16 AM
My vote went to GLE. Lots of energy and career night numbers.
Karno a close second. Can not wait to see Karno and Waldo bang it out.