• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Zag 77
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

No RMC game, No EWU, No Senior night

In perusing the schedule, I note that there is no Ronald McDonald Charity game at the Spokane Arena this year. Too bad. That is a worthwhile charity and hopefully it will return.

Also, no EWU this year. Hayford is building a good program out in Cheney.

No Senior night cupcake game this year. Just wondering if we got embarassed into dropping it.
  • gozagswoohoo
    Time Zone Challenged Board Greeter
    • Feb 2007

I think there is a very good chance that the Portland game in K2 will be senior night. I wasn't 100% on that, so I didn't put that on my schedule. Also, I looked for Ronald McDonald game and never saw it...so, not sure what happened there. We probably just ran out of room/games.
    Allow myself to introduce....myself...

Comment

• Angelo Roncalli
      Bleeds Bulldog Blue
      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Zag 77 View Post
      In perusing the schedule, I note that there is no Ronald McDonald Charity game at the Spokane Arena this year. Too bad. That is a worthwhile charity and hopefully it will return.

Also, no EWU this year. Hayford is building a good program out in Cheney.

No Senior night cupcake game this year. Just wondering if we got embarassed into dropping it.
      RMC and senior are schedule victims. With more league games next year, I doubt "senior" night against a guarantee team will ever return.
      You have to love the Gonzaga fan. Not satisfied to be affronted merely by common hosings at the hands of ragtag referees, he plows all avenues of discontent. - John Blanchette

Gonzaga University...Home of the Zags...The Bulldogs. If you pronounce it "Gone Zaw Ga," they'll know you're not from here and they may charge you more for your coffee. - Garrison Keillor

Comment

• 229SintoZag
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Angelo Roncalli View Post
        RMC and senior are schedule victims. With more league games next year, I doubt "senior" night against a guarantee team will ever return.
        Perhaps the only silver lining in the otherwise atrocious decision to add Pacific to our conference.

Comment

• Zagtana
          Kennel Club Material
          • Feb 2008

Understand it, but very sorry to hear there will not be a Ronald McDonald charity game. This past year my granddaughter had a serious health problem. Without going into detail, she had to spend several weeks in a hospital in a faraway state. Thanks to the R.M. facility in that city, her parents and a sibling were able to be in that city with her – they stayed at no cost at the R.M. house. They could not say enough good things about the place and the people that worked there, and the local businesses and people that supported it. So thanks to Mark Few, GU and all those who support the charity. Believe me, the Ronald McDonald organization is a very worthwhile cause. My son and his family now regularly volunteer at the RM House nearest to them.

Comment

• primal23
            Zag for Life
            • Feb 2007

Any reason for no EWU?
            11 cheers for binary!

"Make me a sandwich"
            "Make it yourself"
            "Sudo Make me a sandwich"
            "Okay"

Comment

• NotoriousZ
              Zag for Life
              • Oct 2008

Senior Night

Don't see why they wouldn't do Senior night at the Portland game. They don't have to start all three Seniors (Harris, Edi, Hart), but two of them are already projected starters anyway. Seriously, unless UP turns out way better than the pundits indicate, we could and should let Hart start for Senior night.

Maybe we'll have to not start some Seniors on a year when the last home game is BYU or SMC, but even then you would still have a Senior night and acknowledge those guys before the game.
              It's peanut butter jelly time!

Comment

• ZagaZags
                Banned
                • May 2010

RMD Game

The RMD game did not happen due to not being able to find the right team for that date. And senior night will be vs Portland 3/02/13.

Comment

• ZagMan
                  Bulldog Fan
                  • Jan 2011

Thats too bad, the RMD game was about the only game those of us who are not students and can't afford season tickets, could go to and see the Zags play. It wasn't the same as seeing a game in the MAC but, at least it was a Zag game, and for a good cause. That is a shame.

Comment

• bartruff1
                    Zag for Life
                    • Jan 2010

Lol

Originally posted by 229SintoZag View Post
                    Perhaps the only silver lining in the otherwise atrocious decision to add Pacific to our conference.
                    And here I thought that was just a dark thought that I had....

Comment

• CDC84
                      Super Moderator
                      • Feb 2007

EWU was likely not scheduled because they couldn't agree on a date. It happens. None of the recent GU/EWU games have been scheduled as a part of a series.

The Portland game at K2 will actually be senior day, not senior night, thanks to Time Warner SportsNet. The Zags have a late night game at BYU on Thursday night and then have to face Portland in the early afternoon at K2 on Saturday.

I expect to see the Ronald McDonald game return in the future. The GU schedulers were locked into completing too many series contracts this season. There just wasn't any room.

Comment

• JPtheBeasta
                        Zag for Life
                        • Oct 2008

Thank you, all, for the scheduling info. Much appreciated.

Comment

Working...
                        X