PDA

View Full Version : Nice piece on Bell from Tacoma

tucsonzag
11-09-2012, 04:49 AM
http://www.thenewstribune.com/2012/11/09/2360843/zags-laid-back-bell-to-make-more.html?storylink=rss

montanazag88
11-09-2012, 05:32 AM
It says as much about Few as anything he's said in the past when he compliments Gary's parents for doing such a great job. As a parent I can only imagine how great that must be for Gary's folks to read in the paper. Bell is a class act and that bodes well for any team attempting to do great things. Love it.

ZagNative
11-09-2012, 08:06 AM
I liked this:
“He’s the best just because of his discipline for 40 minutes,” Few said. “He never ‘cheats’ a screen.

“He always took the scouting reports very serious. He was just really, really solid in his approach.”

The latter comment applies to Bell off the court as well. A business major, Bell takes his classwork seriously.

“It’s tougher right now,” Bell said. “Definitely some of the harder classes I’ve taken – ever. Accounting, business management systems.”

“He’s pretty much solid in all facets of his life,” Few said. “I don’t worry too much about Gary in anything: School-wise, basketball-wise, socially.

“He’s well-grounded. His mom and dad did a great job.”

Read more here: http://www.thenewstribune.com/2012/11/09/2360843/zags-laid-back-bell-to-make-more.html?storylink=rss#storylink=cpy

TacomaZAG
11-09-2012, 08:10 AM
beat me too it.

Great article on a humble, focused young man. Great to have him in the ZAG fold. I am looking forward to GBJ having a breakout year.

Go ZAGS

MDABE80
11-09-2012, 08:38 AM
COngrats to the Bells! They sent us a superior kid!.
Seems to me like we have been untrusted with a pair of guards who are throwbacks in terms of academics and work ethic. It's perfect for us to have Gary and Kevin. I like old fashioned talent that works hard.
It does go back to the parents though.......character just doesn't show up. It's developed in the home........or somewhere.
Go Zags.

Zagdawg
11-09-2012, 09:16 AM
We are fortunate to have Gary as part of the Zag family.

Keep up the great work!

ZagLawGrad
11-09-2012, 10:23 AM
I liked this:

Sweet.

ZagNative
11-09-2012, 10:37 AM
Sweet.How'd you like to have this for your epitaph? "He never cheated a screen."

Words to live by.

ZagLawGrad
11-09-2012, 11:23 AM
How'd you like to have this for your epitaph? "He never cheated a screen."

Words to live by.

I'm taking that as no knock on my profession! :)

What a great kid.

MickMick
11-09-2012, 11:31 AM
Before he is done, he will easily be regarded as one of the best to ever put on a GU unform. When Few says "best freshman ever" at anything, it should make your ears perk up. There is a long line of great ones that preceeded him.

It is so exciting to watch this team mature and get better. The sky is the limit.