PDA

View Full Version : ESPN.com Preseason Predictions

GoGU
11-08-2012, 03:03 PM
ESPN released its comprehensive season predictions for the 2012-13 NCAA basketball season today. They asked a panel of 17 ESPN college basketball writers to predict conference winners, National POY, Final Four, National Title, and a "sleeper team."

The 17 writers unanimously picked Gonzaga to win the WCC. Also, no less than three of them (none of whom are Andy Katz :)) have Gonzaga in their Final Four: Eamonn Brennan, Seth Greenberg, and yes, even "Bracketology" Joe Lunardi himself. HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE

Link here: http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/preview2012/story/_/id/8604513/expert-predictions-new-season

Also, the WCC is ranked 11th in ESPN's Preseason Conference Power Rankings, between Conference USA and the Ivy League. My feeling is that this will improve as the season goes on.
http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/preview2012/story/_/id/8605972/the-third-annual-preseason-conference-rankings-college-basketball

Discuss.

Ekrub
11-08-2012, 07:53 PM
From the comment section

supersonic07
Let's get real here. The days of picking Gonzaga to go far in the tournament because it is trendy is over. Mark Few is a hell of a coach, but they always look great going into tournament play because of their conference schedule. They might beat a few teams in the first couple of rounds, but to put them into the Final Four is an outdated concept.
6 fans like this.
November#8#2012, 1:51#PM Like

Going to go out on a limb and guess this guy is a husky fan

GoGU
11-08-2012, 08:22 PM
Going to go out on a limb and guess this guy is a husky fan

Sounds like my roommate from last year. Husky fan who goes to GU. It was an interesting dynamic.

MDABE80
11-08-2012, 08:35 PM
Oh they always say that. We could be another swt 16 and they'd say it. And, they would be correct. We need a big time run......we need to crush other teams......and if we do, until we see an E8 or FF, some of the opposition will continue.
We dance to our own tune and schedule. With a stronger WCC, we're getting some stronger teams. I see the WCC is picked to have 3 in NCAA's this year. We'll beat teams this year and should find our way to a deeper run in NCAA.

Remember 12 years ago when we we supposed to be a fluke and never return to the NCAA? I do. None of it was true of course but others continued to say it. Nothing wins like performance.
We go when we go. Soon we'll see nothing short of an E8. I hope more........no, I know more will come. Still a young team. We go as far as our bigs take us. No dount 1-4 we are solid. It's that one big at the 4-5 we need. I hope KO, Karno will be tough. Sam will score but he has a longer way to go in other facets.

Without injuries, we are minimum an E8 caliber team.......beyond that, luck intervenes.

Oregonzagnut
11-09-2012, 12:00 AM
I want Brennan to show up everyone! Looks like the A-10 is up for grabs.

As a conference, we need to look at this list and realize the WCC is considered a MAJOR basketball conference now. This is fact. I think the WCC by the start of conference play will be the #8 RPI conference, if our middle / bottom dwellers can win a few decent games. Plus we need to get 3 teams in the tournament this year.