• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Reborn
    Zag for Life
    • Oct 2007

Game predictions and what you'd like to see Friday

Well, the season is about to start Friday night. I'm going to put two of the threads I used every week last year into one thread. Just post your game prediction and then talk about whay you'd like to see Friday night.

Gonzaga 89
    Southern Utah 53

I will be looking for really good ball movement and passing. A good goal for this year's team should be to have less turnovers this year than last. And I think that this group can do it.

I will be looking to see how Dranginis plays. I think he could be a rising star. I'm hoping he can become a very consistent shooter off the bench, the kind of player we DID NOT have last year.

And I want to see how Elias plays. I'm hoping to see how good I believe he is. By the end of the night I'm hoping I can say that he dominated.

Hope to see the Zags get 10 three's so the fans can pick up their burgers at the end of the game. Where do they pick them up? Is it Dick's?
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!
  • FlyZag
    Bleeds GU Blue
    • Nov 2007

Injury free & good defensive effort from our front line.

Comment

• DCZag
      Professional Zag Fan
      • Aug 2009

Zags by 30+

I want to see a good, consistent effort on the defensive end - I believe that is the key for us this year. Limit TOs, rebound and hit our FTs. Value each posession.

Comment

• Baseline
        Zag for Life
        • Jan 2011

We have some big guys, I hope to see them fed properly by our guards. I hope that aspect of the game gets going early.

I hope to get a feel for how the 3 spot will work out. will Harris try the 3, how does Draino look at that position.
        "The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you can never know if they are genuine"---Abraham Lincoln.

Comment

• Baldwinzag
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by FlyZag View Post
          Injury free & good defensive effort from our front line.
          ditto.

a 25+ pt victory would be nice to see as well...although, Southern Utah seems to always features a couple really talented -- and tall -- players (who generally end up transferring to BCS schools)....ahhh, I won't go there for now...one of their 6'11" post players did transfer to St Mary's just a year ago...

from what I recall, they do feature a couple 6'11" guys and have height across the roster.

much bigger test, literally, than some DII school coming to town...

they played Utah St tough last season and lost by 2, and they played Oral Roberts(who I thought was solid & gave us all we could handle) twice and lost their first game by 6 & second by 2.

lastly, I've always considered the Big Sky a solid bball conference with sound coaches & players. Teams such as Montana, Weber St, Portland St, & Eastern Washington have all had their time in the spot light and seem to play/challenge us well, at home or away.
          “You’ve got to hit the Zag standard.”

And if it happens, those rites of Autumn become the rites of Spring.

Comment

• MickMick
            Zag for Life
            • Apr 2007

Platooning. 4-5 player substitutions.

If we additionally see it against WVU less than a week later, we will get a good feel for how Few may run his lineup for the forseeable future.

He will stick with it as long as it roars, but may go back to more traditional substitution patterns if it isn't consistently clicking. It started with the exhibition, I'm looking to see if it continues on Friday.

I like it.
            I miss Mike Hart

Comment

• CaliforniaZaggin'
              Zag for Life
              • Feb 2008

Things I Want to See:
              Crisp offensive sets
              Tough interior D
              Aggressive rebounding

Final Score:
              Zags: A lot
              Southern Utah: A little
              What are you doing, Adam? Do you even know how many people go blind from pizza shrapnel?

Comment

• rijman
                Zag for Life
                • Nov 2009

I want to see PK show improvement in his 2nd game and Dower have a big game. We're without KO for 3 games, we need these 2 to step up. I want Harris to play like the very athletic senior he is. I want the guards to rack up assists and hit their 3's. I want to see GU play solid team D and stifle S. Utah. A 30+ point win margin would be nice.
                It's not the size of the Bulldog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the Bulldog!

GO ZAGS!!!

Comment

• ZagNative
                  Zag for Life
                  • Feb 2007

Hey, Reborn! Thanks for this thread! It must really and truly be basketball season!

Comment

• NotoriousZ
                    Zag for Life
                    • Oct 2008

Prediction?

It's peanut butter jelly time!

Comment

• NotoriousZ
                      Zag for Life
                      • Oct 2008

Had to do it. And I'll probably have to do it many, many more times. My appologies in advance. Go Zags!!!
                      It's peanut butter jelly time!

Comment

• Reborn
                        Zag for Life
                        • Oct 2007

Great post Balwinzag. Thanks for the information. I had no idea they were that good. It sounds like it's going to be a really good game, and a real good test for the Zags.

Yes, ZN, I am also really excited for it all to begin. 2012 will be a really fun year because I really do think that this team is special.

I hope to see Sam Dower playing much, much better Friday.
                        Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Comment

• hooter73
                          Zag for Life
                          • Jun 2008

i want to see set plays and efficient offensive sets. I dont want to see all pangos, bell, and harris: dont need them in the whole time.

show me DB, KD, and PK getting adjusted to the GU game play.

Comment

• Vanzagger
                            Zag for Life
                            • Feb 2007

pass dunk
                            Think Big. No think Bigger than that!

Comment

• Kiddwell
                              Zag for Life
                              • Feb 2007

Wanna see Kelly O, but that's not going to happen. Soooo...how about a huge defensive game from Sam I Am Dower? Sam knocking down 15-16 points would be gravy.

Speaking of gravy, let's make an early Thanksgiving meal out of those T-birds from Cedar City.

Zags -- 88
                              Two Hours in the Oven -- 65

:]
                              Yeah, we're "The Champs," uh-huh!

Comment

Working...
                              X