PDA

View Full Version : A Seth Davis riddle about the Zags

Psychozag
11-06-2012, 12:18 PM
Seth Davis ‏@SethDavisHoops
They're pareve. (It's Yiddish. Look it up.) RT @ChiefsOutsiders: Thoughts on the Zags?

So this was a question to Seth Davis on his Tuesday Twenty question deal. I looked it up, and here is the definition I got:

having no meat or milk in any form as an ingredient and being permissible for use with both meat and dairy meals as stated in the dietary laws: a pareve bread; pareve soup.

So, my question to all is, what does this mean? My take is that he feels that they looked good on paper, but in reality not so much. What's yours?

LongIslandZagFan
11-06-2012, 12:22 PM
Seth Davis ‏@SethDavisHoops
They're pareve. (It's Yiddish. Look it up.) RT @ChiefsOutsiders: Thoughts on the Zags?

So this was a question to Seth Davis on his Tuesday Twenty question deal. I looked it up, and here is the definition I got:

having no meat or milk in any form as an ingredient and being permissible for use with both meat and dairy meals as stated in the dietary laws: a pareve bread; pareve soup.

So, my question to all is, what does this mean? My take is that he feels that they looked good on paper, but in reality not so much. What's yours?

Kosher... He is saying they are Kosher. I suspect he means they are the real deal.

rennis
11-06-2012, 12:28 PM
Kosher... He is saying they are Kosher. I suspect he means they are the real deal.

Or that they're good on Fridays.

Hope that doesn't mean another 2nd round exit.

007Zag
11-06-2012, 12:50 PM
I interpret it as meaning that we matchup well in any case. We can pound the ball down low with our meaty frontcourt, or make it rain (milk?) from the perimeter. It's about versatility.

jazzdelmar
11-06-2012, 12:52 PM
Seth doesn't even look Jewish. He looks very goyim.

jbslicer
11-06-2012, 01:35 PM
Lanny's boy.

jazzdelmar
11-06-2012, 01:40 PM
Lanny's boy.

Wow, great catch Slice. Seth writes better than he prognosticats. Kiss of death for Zags in March. I once saw him riding coach from SD to NY. Cool. Seemed friendly as well.

tinfoilzag
11-06-2012, 01:59 PM
Challenge accepted.

Pareve means "neutral" in Yiddish. You can have pareve food with anything because it doesn't contain meat or dairy products; which cannot be consumed together at the same meal based on kashrut (look it up).

So the Zags go with anything but lack meat. I can understand that assessment but I cannot support it.

If bacon is not allowed, I cannot accept any premise afterwards.

jim77
11-06-2012, 02:11 PM
I'll take a stab at it...Because the Zags aren't the milk and meat teams....Kentucky..North Carolina..Duke...they are still just as Kosher(talented) and as such still have a good chance at getting to the final four.

titopoet
11-06-2012, 02:15 PM
I read it another way. Any good Jewish chef knows pareve foods are the most versatile ones. The can go with meat (power game) or with milk (up tempo).

One thing this Zags team has is a lot of pieces to play a lot of different ways. They are pareve.

combatcorpsmangulaw
11-06-2012, 02:22 PM
1. I'll take a Pastrami Sandwich on Rye;

2. A Cream Soda; and I'd ask Seth:

3. Would it kill you to call your mother?

He's a nice Jewish boy.....

jazzdelmar
11-06-2012, 02:25 PM
1. I'll take a Pastrami Sandwich on Rye;

2. A Cream Soda; and I'd ask Seth:

3. Would it kill you to call your mother?

He's a nice Jewish boy.....

Not Dr Browns Cel-Ra? And a potato knish w hot mustard. Oy, that's the beauty part.

mee755
11-06-2012, 04:50 PM
So like Tofu?

Baldwinzag
11-06-2012, 04:53 PM
these threads are starting to get outta hand, no?

all the more reason(s) the season needs to start...like now.

:lmao: