PDA

View Full Version : But can Karnowski do this?

Knotsolucky
11-01-2012, 02:44 PM
I'm feeling so good about all the talent we have this year and decided to look through some old videos to fill the void of not seeing our Zags for another week.

I ran across this one and it cracked me up so much, I just had to share.

There's a lot of great memories here at Gonzaga...

Enjoy...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuztT2wpxow&list=FL5Mv8NDOwleDpOy9tfnR9RQ&feature=player_detailpage

zagco
11-01-2012, 03:21 PM
Karny comes from a country that lost World War II twice, yet still survived and harbored the only Catholic university behind the Iron Curtain. He can do it.

CDC84
11-01-2012, 03:37 PM
Those were the days. Stephen Bardo. I still miss him during the WCC broadcasts.

Angelo Roncalli
11-01-2012, 04:03 PM
God...I loved Bouldin....

I was thinking exactly the same thing when I watched the video.

bigblahla
11-02-2012, 05:52 AM
God...I loved Bouldin....

Captain Matt was and is one heck of a baller. Hope the nagging injuries get out of his way.

Go!! Zags!!!

primal23
11-02-2012, 08:57 AM
I agree, MB was a stud.

Baldwinzag
11-02-2012, 09:09 AM
I agree, MB was a stud.

No doubt. By far my Wife's favorite Zag (she still talks about him). The game came easy to Matt, maybe too easy. He was one of the best Combo-guards to ever play here, and features the best post footwork I've ever seen from a "guard".

He impressed during NBA training camps too, yet never signed. I recall many Coaches admiring his all-around game, including when he represented the U-20 USA National team and played PF for them on occasion.

The only thing that held Bouldin back at times were minor/nagging injuries. Even the smallest of injuries seemed to effect his next game. A loose ankle, mild concussion, sprained elbow impacted his play. I think its the reason he's just missed making an NBA squad.

Having said that, he's hands down one of the most consistent, all-time greats, and possibly the most gifted court vision we've ever seen...

I can't name a Zag who left the biggest void after graduating, heck, it took Elias and our backcourt at least 2 seasons to recover his all-around attributes in the backcourt.

From starting all 4 years, he rarely wavered and will always be missed. The kid's awareness on the court was unmatched and his play put a smile on my face.

I loved the fact his WCC POY award was more like a Lifetime Achievement award through his 4 years at Gonzaga. Much deserved.

hooter73
11-02-2012, 10:55 AM
Karnowski would have made samhan cry like a little girl even more than he already did.

My wife hasnt been as into watching games as much ever since Bouldin left. She says there's just no one like him to root for anymore. Hard to disagree. He was one of a kind here.

bostonzagfan
11-03-2012, 11:59 AM
matt was one of my faves too. surprising that his four years here had the most losses of any four year stretch since the elite 8 run. not bouldin's fault, obviously.

MickMick
11-03-2012, 12:44 PM
matt was one of my faves too. surprising that his four years here had the most losses of any four year stretch since the elite 8 run. not bouldin's fault, obviously.

Matt did a heck of a job as "point forward". His performance in a victory at Memphis was one for the ages. Spectacular display of passing the rock.

Probably the best "post up" hybrid guard/wing in modern GU history as well.

bostonzagfan
11-04-2012, 07:18 AM
Matt did a heck of a job as "point forward". His performance in a victory at Memphis was one for the ages. Spectacular display of passing the rock.

Probably the best "post up" hybrid guard/wing in modern GU history as well.

mb was awesome. unfortunately he was stuck with a bum recruiting class.

losses by year: 11, 8, 6, 7. after he left: 11 again. so technically gray's four years also had the same amount of losses. also, GU played a much tougher schedule during matt's time here than in the early years of the streak.

Nevtelen
11-04-2012, 08:17 AM
Those were the days. Stephen Bardo. I still miss him during the WCC broadcasts.

Definitely. He and Gannon were great and I think they really got to love the WCC. They had great calls not only for GU players, but they also really got into some of the other teams. Bardo, especially, really had the knack of getting his enthusiasm to come right through the TV and grab you. I can still remember calls like, "Ok, Matt Bouldin on the break - he's gonna dribble behind his back, bake some cookies, do his taxes, and put a dagger in your eye from 3." Great announcer.