PDA

View Full Version : Thank you, Matt S. and Richie

BobZag
07-28-2007, 05:50 PM
http://rivalshoops.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=694216

How did you start liking Gonzaga?

"I started watching them play back when they had Matt Santangelo and Richie Frahm. I loved the way they played and how they let their guards go. From there, I have been a big fan.

ZagNative
07-28-2007, 06:49 PM
Neat! You will be glad to know ZN is resisting the urge to burst into song in praise of Richie and Matt and young Mr. Grant! That was a neat story.

MickMick
07-28-2007, 07:43 PM
Not off topic...this is on topic times 10.

I have said this a few times, but it really seems it has not set in.

So I am asking you to really take the time to ponder this. Do you realize the impact of Adam Morrison on the cover of millions of box covers for a video basketball game? Can you fathom the number of kids (ages 6-17) around the world that have connected Gonzaga and stardom in their youthful minds?

How did you start liking Gonzaga?

I believe I have already given the answer and you will start seeing the results for about a generation. This isn't Matt and Richie on TV a few times in March. This is when your friend comes over to play virtual college hoops after school.

mendiant
07-28-2007, 07:58 PM
So I am asking you to really take the time to ponder this. Do you realize the impact of Adam Morrison on the cover of millions of box covers for a video basketball game? Can you fathom the number of kids (ages 6-17) around the world that have connected Gonzaga and stardom in their youthful minds?.

I don't think anyone would deny the contributions of any mumber of star players.

It is very sweet to see that this young kid was impressed with GU from the Cinderella years on up.

BobZag
07-29-2007, 09:12 AM
It's a fantastic Q&A, though it's Premium, I believe. It really makes fans like us appreciate guys who grew up loving the Zags, ie, Pendo, Gibbs, Osweiler, etc., and worked hard enough to make their dream come true.

I figure Gibbs is 17, so he was about 9 years old when Matt, Richie, Q and the guys were dancing.

Zag79
07-31-2007, 08:08 PM
thats why when the question was asked "who is the most impt player from GU" in terms of recruiting and where we are now, these guys take the cake. stockton is the best player nba wise to ever wear the Gonzaga name, but in all honesty Mo, the 99 gang, and dickau put this school and city on the map. its really amazing how things changed even from bakari hendrixs team to now thanks to the S16, E8 teams and mos national coverage. kudos!