• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ID ZAGFAN
    • Apr 2024

Goodman's Top 50 Shooters

KEVIN PANGOS
    6-2 | 182 | G | SOPH | GONZAGA
    The Canadian wasn't even the top shooter, percentage-wise, on his own team last season (Gary Bell shot 47 percent), but Pangos can really make them from deep -- and 40 percent isn't too shabby as a freshman.

32 for KP and no GBJ? What's up with that?

(link from SSTF tweet)

ZaGranny
  • CDC84
    Super Moderator
    • Feb 2007

I think what went into excluding Gary was that he only had 107 three point attempts last season. Pangos shot nearly twice as many threes last year as Gary did, and many people on this list shot way more 3's than Pangos did.

That being said, he led all D-1 freshmen in 3 point shooting percentage. GBJ should be on the list for that alone.

Comment

• MDABE80
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2007

Truth be known....I'd take both Kevin or Bell over Rotnei. They shoot better, have more size and speed. It's a special time we have with our two guards.

Comment

• Bogozags
        Zag for Life
        • Jan 2008

Originally posted by MDABE80 View Post
        Truth be known....I'd take both Kevin or Bell over Rotnei. They shoot better, have more size and speed. It's a special time we have with our two guards.
        I completely agree. Both are very special with a tremendous basketball IQ. We have a super tandem of guards this season...reminds me of '99 and next year with Coleman, we will be even tougher to deal with...

Comment

• Butler Guy
          Kennel Club
          • Apr 2007

You'd take Kellen Dunham over every single person you know.. :-)

"I think he's the best shooter in the country," Clarke said of his 6-foot-6 freshman teammate.

Comment

• SteelZag
            Professional Zag Fan
            • Feb 2012

Originally posted by Butler Guy View Post
            You'd take Kellen Dunham over every single person you know.. :-)

"I think he's the best shooter in the country," Clarke said of his 6-foot-6 freshman teammate.
            Should be great bulletin board material for Bell, GLE and Hart on the defensive end as well as Pangos and Bell on the offensive end.

Comment

• MickMick
              Zag for Life
              • Apr 2007

Few will beg GBJ to search his shot this season.

When the GU guards begin to see their bigs putting back the rebounds from missed shots, they will confidently let em fly.

People will think of PK, Harris, Dower, or Olynyk , but when it comes to "long" rebounds, Edi, Hart, and Dranginis have demonstrated the knack. I expect GU will be a solid rebounding team. If that is the case, then let those shots fly Gary.
              I miss Mike Hart

Comment

• Malastein
                Zag for Life
                • Feb 2007

I think this list leaves a lot to be desired. Gary Bell isn't the only deserving player left off this list, but Colorado isn't quite respected enough to get attention. Spencer Dinwiddie is one of the 50 best shooters hands down, but it is better to have less hype and produce than the other way around.
                The only hope we have for a better future is to come together and do everything we possibly can in order to achieve a sustainable existence. Everything else is folly of a broken foundation.

Comment

• ltf_canada
                  Redshirt
                  • Nov 2010

Interesting that there are four Canadians on this list (Heslip #2, Rivard #15, Johnson #16, and Pangos #32). There are more very good shooting Canadians coming in this year and next as well.

Comment

Working...
                  X