PDA

View Full Version : WVU has the calender circled

MickMick
10-28-2012, 07:46 AM
link (http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=159&f=2509&t=10120595)

VaBeachZAG
10-28-2012, 08:38 AM
I know a certain past President got into some trouble for saying: "bring it on."
But I just can't resist saying to WVU: "bring it on."

thickman1
10-28-2012, 09:26 AM
Lots of eggs in one basket so to speak...wonder what happens if they come to town and get rolled? That'll be great for team morale.

roxdoc
10-28-2012, 10:30 AM
Or visa versa when we don't have Kelly to help out!:pray:

BroncoZAG615
10-28-2012, 10:37 AM

I really need to go back and re-watch some games from two years ago. I must have fallen asleep or went to the bathroom when Kelly was some crucial key to the Zags success. I get that there is some hope he has transformed from a point guard playing center to a true center but I guess I'm in the wait and see camp.

Big picture, as long as Kevin Pangos and Gary Bell are roaming the backcourt, my confidence is through the roof.

GoZags
10-28-2012, 10:37 AM

Kelly didn't play against them last season, either.

GoZags
10-28-2012, 10:41 AM
I really need to go back and re-watch some games from two years ago. I must have fallen asleep or went to the bathroom when Kelly was some crucial key to the Zags success. I get that there is some hope he has transformed from a point guard playing center to a true center but I guess I'm in the wait and see camp.

Big picture, as long as Kevin Pangos and Gary Bell are roaming the backcourt, my confidence is through the roof.

I don't think Jeremy Eaton was "some crucial key to the Zags success" prior to his redshirt, but he certainly helped get Gonzaga to the Elite 8.

If you're of the belief that ballplayers don't improve ..... that's great. We're all in "the wait and see camp." Except of course for those members of the Gonzaga Men's Basketball coaching staff who've publicly mentioned Kelly's improvement.

roxdoc
10-28-2012, 10:42 AM
And Sacre will not be playing against them this year.

Don't know if KO will add too much despite rumors to the contrary, but we are going to need all the big guys we can get.

BroncoZAG615
10-28-2012, 11:28 AM
I don't think Jeremy Eaton was "some crucial key to the Zags success" prior to his redshirt, but he certainly helped get Gonzaga to the Elite 8.

If you're of the belief that ballplayers don't improve ..... that's great. We're all in "the wait and see camp." Except of course for those members of the Gonzaga Men's Basketball coaching staff who've publicly mentioned Kelly's improvement.

Of course I believe players can improve; let's not take every post here to the Nth degree.

I hope Kelly has improved, I just think the team in place without him should be fine against WVU. I feel like from your other posts in this thread that you tend to agree.

My fear with Kelly is and will always be how he is utilized by the staff. Prior to being a Zag, his entire basketball life was spent as a point forward. Like Austin Daye, he is a player that was used to playing facing the basket. Asking a player to change how they approach offense and become primarily a back to the basket threat is no small task. If they can pull it off, great, but my enthusiasm is a bit more restrained until I see what his role is. I really liked Kelly when he was able to face up; I hope that this aspect of his game hasn't been completely axed. No, I don't think I'm a better coach than Few, just my two cents on KO.

sittingon50
11-11-2012, 10:58 AM
Bump.

bartruff1
11-11-2012, 11:34 AM
Everytime I think of Spangler...I feel pain, grief, remorse...my favorite lost Zag....

MDABE80
11-11-2012, 11:46 AM
Everytime I think of Spangler...I feel pain, grief, remorse...my favorite lost Zag....

This. I've stayed in touch a little. He's loving it back home but he misses his Zags. I suppose it happens but this level of homesick is "rare". Oh well, he's happy where he is.

Reborn
11-11-2012, 01:39 PM
WV will be fired up for sure, but the Zags will be ready. I imagine most teams have their game with the Zags circled. The Zags are used to that. What I like is that GU had a great game plan against WVU last March, and I imagine they will have one this time as well.

I'm feeling real good today about the Zags. One more day, baby...

Oregonzagnut
11-11-2012, 04:53 PM

Yes, but with Karno, Kelly, Dower, Harris and Edi playing, Spangler would have had little time. Even next year would have been tight. Like Grant Gibbs, lets hope he goes to a national contender. Gibbs went to the right place, to say the least. As far as PT goes, he went to a better place.

I hope it works out for Ryan at Oklahoma. I don't see Spangler on their roster though.

willandi
11-11-2012, 05:29 PM
I hope it works out for Ryan at Oklahoma. I don't see Spangler on their roster though.

Doesn't he have to sit out this year?

Reborn
11-11-2012, 05:38 PM
I saw Arop play yesterday. He's playing for Indiana St. and they were playing UCLA. Arop started but played poorly. He was really, really off from the outside. It was, however nice to see him play again. Once a Zag always a Zag I think.

Oregonzagnut
11-11-2012, 05:59 PM
Doesn't he have to sit out this year?

Yes he does, but I thought he would be on the roster. I guess I was mistaken.

ID ZAGFAN
11-11-2012, 06:14 PM
Just checked the roster. He is the last player listed. 00

ZaGranny

Rangerzag
11-11-2012, 07:04 PM

Agree. 100%