PDA

View Full Version : Kudos to a couple of subs

tyra
10-27-2012, 08:18 PM
I thought David and Mike did real well tonight. David had 6 steals and 5 assists I think. Mike had 9 rebounds and 10 points. Strong bench, at least against NW Nazarene. Can't help myself; I am excited for the season!

Fonebone
10-27-2012, 10:54 PM
Lots to be excited about on several fronts!

Oregonzagnut
10-27-2012, 11:11 PM
About all I can see is that Kelly wasn't playing, and Stockton going 1-8! Evrything else was about as smooth and well oiled as I have seen in any of our first games.

MDABE80
10-27-2012, 11:55 PM
Mike Hart seemed to be everywhere. Quicker and lighter. Made his shots and FT's.
This might be his year...finally.

Akzag
10-28-2012, 03:24 AM
Mike definitely looked lighter. And more confident to take his shot.

zagamatic
10-28-2012, 07:34 AM
Last year, it seemed to me as if Stockton was distracted by something off the court. But last night seemed to have his full attention on the court. If. he, Hart and KD can be consistent offensively, I could realistically see Few doing a "line change" a lot this year once KO is back. This could actually be the key to fewer turnovers, fewer injuries (more rest) and more consistency defensively. Obviously, I'm not saying do a full line change every time you substitute one guy, but I liked how it worked out last night.and if Few wants to keep up a pace like last night, it just makes sense.

RockandRollJames
10-28-2012, 07:50 AM
Stockton served me a nice meal of crow for dinner last night. He's not a primary scorer so the 1-8 outing doesn't concern me as much. He did exactly what he needs to do: provide energy on both ends of the floor. He was active on defensive resulting in a bunch of steals (which is what he needs to do to be an effective defender). I also liked the way he pushed the ball on offense.

GZag
10-28-2012, 08:40 AM
He really pushed the ball up the court. Made one over zealous pass early on, but if he keeps that up -My guess is, he will be put in to speed up the pace. He is like he was last year, only quicker, more confident less mechanical.

I wish I could watch his dads games at GU . Looking back at his stats, his Junior year was much improved as well. There is no denying that Genes are blue prints of what a person can be if the want it.

I love how Pangos and him play together. That behind the back pass was unexpected, but awesome.

Vanzagger
10-28-2012, 12:02 PM
and Russel Wilson. The media can't get enough of these shorties. See Dan Dickau and ESPN playing Stockton's two assists against Ohio St last year, after our loss, as the only 2 Zag highlights.

I have a saying in sports....trust what you see. If you are 5-7 you just cant see everything you would hope.

Seahawks just blew a 17-3 lead to a bad Detroit team in doors. I hope it works out better for the Zags if Few goes small. I think we all know the answer to that.

What a complete waste of talent. As always, I hope I'm wrong.

MickMick
10-28-2012, 12:43 PM
and Russel Wilson. The media can't get enough of these shorties. See Dan Dickau and ESPN playing Stockton's two assists against Ohio St last year, after our loss, as the only 2 Zag highlights.

I have a saying in sports....trust what you see. If you are 5-7 you just cant see everything you would hope.

Seahawks just blew a 17-3 lead to a bad Detroit team in doors. I hope it works out better for the Zags if Few goes small. I think we all know the answer to that.

What a complete waste of talent. As always, I hope I'm wrong.

It was the big defensive lineman, the tallest guys on the field, that gave up the Seahawk lead in the final moments. Stafford had time to throw and time to run. It was the short guy, Wilson, that put Seattle ahead in the 4th quarter.

Vanzagger
10-28-2012, 01:14 PM
I love Wilson. I wish he could see more.

Where do I start. You got a once in a life time D and Beast Mode. You are happy with 4-4. That's all I got actually.

Finish the job.

Dickau loves David. How far will he take us? No rookie excuse. He's in his 4th year.

Just give me a prediction Mick.