PDA

View Full Version : CBS releases WCC preview

Martin Centre Mad Man
10-26-2012, 05:55 PM
Gonzaga is favored.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/blog/eye-on-college-basketball/20695035/college-basketball-previews-west-coast-conference-features-maybe-the-best-race-at-the-top

rijman
10-26-2012, 07:19 PM
Thanks for the link.

E and Pangos mentioned as 2 of the 5 top players in the WCC. I agree with that, but Bell, Dower or KO might make a case for being ranked with the league's top players by seasons end.

Oregonzagnut
10-26-2012, 11:22 PM
I'm surprised BYU is second.

sittingon50
10-27-2012, 12:17 AM
I agree, nut. I respect BYU but SMC has 4 starters back & I liken Delly to Casey; he's gonna put his team on his back & refuse to lose.

Baseline
10-27-2012, 12:20 AM
I just watched BYU's opener and they look a bit rough. From what I saw I would put SMC over BYU, but its early.
Carlino has a nice shaved head.

NotoriousZ
10-27-2012, 05:19 AM
How are they taking this news over in Donsland? It'd be kind of hard to dance coming out of the 8-hole in the WCC. Pretty sure that's never happend.

Oregonzagnut
10-27-2012, 07:48 AM
How are they taking this news over in Donsland? It'd be kind of hard to dance coming out of the 8-hole in the WCC. Pretty sure that's never happend.

I am not sure the Broncos or Pepp should be above the Dons. But all I can say is, if we lose in San Francisco again, I would be shocked and far more upset than losing in Moraga or Provo. Not that any loss is acceptable, but to lose in SF again would set a very disappointing trend.

We need to erase any talk that War Memorial Stadium owns the Zags.

BTW
NUMBERS TO KNOW- 1: That's how many WCC members have an enrollment greater than 10,000. The school that has it is BYU, which has an enrollment of more than 34,000.

BYU increased the student body, ticket buying fans and television viewers equal to about adding 4 other WCC sized schools. The biggest fish in our pond is nNOT at the top of our food chain.

Sweet.

Gonzdb8
10-27-2012, 11:13 AM
I agree, nut. I respect BYU but SMC has 4 starters back & I liken Delly to Casey; he's gonna put his team on his back & refuse to lose.

given their cupcake schedule not sure we'll have much to gauge his grit and determination on. i can see them making it through the OOC with 1 loss and we'd still know about as much as we do today about that teams potential.

Kiddwell
10-27-2012, 12:36 PM
So is CBS rating the West Coast Conference as the nation's 11th best?

:]