PDA

View Full Version : Morrison waived - stupid.

HoughtounZag
10-26-2012, 04:17 PM
http://www.oregonlive.com/blazers/index.ssf/2012/10/blazers_inform_coby_karl_adam_morrison_and_justin. html

MDABE80
10-26-2012, 04:30 PM
Sad day. I thought he'd make the leauge considering his SUmmer performances. I have been following. He's sat the last 3 games. Can't show what you can with no court time. I hope he doesn't give up.

UberZagFan
10-26-2012, 04:32 PM
This is telling:

None of the three players was expected to make the team as keeping any would have required the Blazers to cut a player with a guaranteed contract.

Oregonzagnut
10-26-2012, 04:43 PM
always seems to harm the stats of pure scorers. A coach has to get them in early and let them get in the zone by waiting out the first 1-2 missed shots. Adam didn't get that opportunity to put him in the game in the capacity where he will maximize his production.

I do believe that he won't quit. Unless he is truly not happy, he should try for CBA teams and stay in the USA or try to get on with the Gonzaga staff.

IF anyone knows about health and nutrition it is Adam. He also knows exactly how to read body fatigue, metabolism and game flow.

MickMick
10-26-2012, 05:51 PM
This about ends his NBA tour in my opinion.

He gave it another good shot and he won't go through life regretting that he didn't. He can make some coin abroad or move on to the next phase of his life.

One thing will always be true. He captured all of hoops nation for a memorable, magical GU career. His sorrow in his final game as a Zag was prophetic. It captured the difficult trials of the moment as well as what he would endure for the remainder of his hoops career. It is as if he knew it was his last moment in the spotlight.

No one hated to lose more than Adam. No one. A legendary figure in GU basketball. Retire his number and hang his jersey from the rafters. Fear the stache.

jim77
10-26-2012, 11:02 PM
Adam had nothing to prove. The guy did something under incredibly tough conditions that will probably never be done again. Hold you're head high #3...that was one heck of a performance you put on. Time for the jersey to head to the rafters. MORRISON ROCKS!

willandi
10-27-2012, 07:36 AM
I didn't watch the pre-season games, although I did follow them on gamecast. The last few games he was in, he missed a shot or two, then quit shooting. Were the misses because of bad shot selection? no time left on the shot clock? or just misses. Did the team quit getting the ball to him in shootable situations?
Sometimes, if the rest of the team doesn't give you the ball, you can't shoot. He could have rebounded, driven the floor and created his own shot, but in the summer league, he seemed to be trying to play a team game of ball. Catch, pass and shoot when appropriate.
I guess I'm asking, was the failure to impress on him, the other teammates or the coaches. I know they would have had to cut a contracted player to let him make the team, but the NBA seems to do that with some frequency!:cheers:

kyle dixon
10-27-2012, 09:32 PM
waived today. Hope cabs keep Pargo.