PDA

View Full Version : JP PanAm update

BBskorer
07-27-2007, 02:06 PM
After playing only 5 minutes of the 1st half (2 fouls), JP came on strong, finishing with 14 points and 5 boards. Made all 6 FG's and both FT's in Brazil's 97-94 win over Puerto Rico earlier today. Both teams advance to tomorrow's semi's (Brazil is 3-0, PR 2-1).....opponents TBA.

JP's #'s thru 3: 14.3ppg, 6.0rpg, 19/27fg (70.4%). About 23 minutes per. Would be more except for the whistle (he fouled out in 18 min vs Canada, but still had 12 pts).

Hoping for a strong finish to the tournament. The frontcourt minutes are going to be a lot tougher to come by at the big FIBA event in Vegas next month. Last I heard, Varejao and Nene will both be on the team then (neither are now).

But for now, 2 more W's to get the gold. Go get 'em, JP!

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l310/BBskorer/jpusvi.jpg

BobZag
07-27-2007, 02:19 PM
How is Paulo Prestes doing for Brazil?

Go get 'em, Joao Paulo Lopez Batista!

DavyZag
07-27-2007, 02:20 PM
Way to go JP, but those uniforms are NASTY. Yikes... opponents probably go blind looking at that neon yellow.

ZagNative
07-27-2007, 02:42 PM
As always, I sure appreciate your excellent work in keeping us posted on JP!

BBskorer
07-27-2007, 06:41 PM
How is Paulo Prestes doing for Brazil?Yeah BZ, looks like Prestes - after his big U19 performance - is along to mostly watch and learn here. Played a couple minutes in the 1st game, a few more in the blowout over Canada, and none in the tight game vs PR.

Da Rosa, #6 in the above pic, is putting up totals slightly better than JP (although JP's production per min is higher). Both Da Rosa & JP start for this version of the Brazil team. I suspect they might be competing against each other for playing time once Vegas rolls around.

btw, nice comeback by the US tonite. Knocked off previously undefeated Argentina 74-71. Low with 13 pts. DJ White game-high 22.