PDA

View Full Version : Latest NCAA Graduation Success Rates

Angelo Roncalli
10-26-2012, 05:39 AM
The NCAA released the latest graduation success rates yesterday. Here's how the WCC stacked up in men's basketball:

Brigham Young University 92
Gonzaga University 90
Loyola Marymount 82
Pepperdine University 78
University of Portland 88
St. Mary's College of California 92
University of San Diego 86
University of San Francisco 38
Santa Clara University 100

When the latest APR's come out later, look for Gonzaga to have a nearly perfect APR for all NCAA sports.

sittingon50
10-26-2012, 06:41 AM
Must be a typo for usf, eh Angelo?

Zag365
10-26-2012, 08:08 AM
I only glance at these stats when they are part of a story about a school being sanctioned or the like for low graduation rate. I end up focusing on the impact or relative ranking, not the specific raw number. How does the WCC rank vs. other conferences? What is considered excellent, good, fair, unacceptable for a particular school?

75Zag
10-26-2012, 08:12 AM
The best part of stats like these - to me anyway - is that GU has continued to play nationally ranked and respected Men's BB at the same time they have maintained very good graduation success rates. The hard fact is that many young men who are the best at BB are not the best students. GU has done an excellent job of balancing academic requirements and achievements with NCAA success.

Go Bulldogs!

Angelo Roncalli
10-26-2012, 08:15 AM
Must be a typo for usf, eh Angelo?

I can see why you might think the 38 was a typo. USF's 38 score was the NCAA's graduation rate (GSR). USF's federal graduation rate (FGR) score for men's basketball was 0.

For local comparison on NCAA GSR's:

EWU 64
GU 90
UW 78
WSU 78