PDA

View Full Version : Coach Giacoletti on 1510am interview 10/25

hooter73
10-25-2012, 08:04 PM
Caught the local AM sports guys interviewing Coach Giacoletti this afternoon. I havent checked the website to see if the interview is available there or not and I missed a few minutes in the middle but the little bit of recap I can give is that this is his sixth year as the Defensive and big man coach. This is the most talented group of four bigs that he's ever worked with. Harris practiced today but will probably still miss the Saturday game. Dower can score (duh!) but they are working on getting him rebounding. They are scrimmaging Texas (quietly), and they're deep at every position so even in opener/gimmie games, all the guys will be going all out to get playing time. I missed if there was any talk of the KO Student Life debacle but caught the part where he said the obvious most improved player that is under the radar and people will be impressed by is KO.

Then I went back to building a garden shed and drove a cheap Black and Decker philips bit into my already frozen thumbnail. Anyone catch the whole interview?

nonzagzag
10-25-2012, 08:47 PM
I heard bits of it too, and KO definitely got the most compliments. He said some kids make more use of their red shirt year than others and KO absolutely made the best of it - making vast improvements in his body and his game (I am paraphrasing) -also said he is going to donate his hair to cancer charity at some point- definitely was no hint that he might not play or be suspended or anything from the parts I heard.

Kiddwell
10-25-2012, 08:49 PM
Went looking for, but could not find that interview. Is it archived somewhere online? If so, link?

:]

Oregonzagnut
10-25-2012, 09:46 PM
I heard bits of it too, and KO definitely got the most compliments. He said some kids make more use of their red shirt year than others and KO absolutely made the best of it - making vast improvements in his body and his game (I am paraphrasing) -also said he is going to donate his hair to cancer charity at some point- definitely was no hint that he might not play or be suspended or anything from the parts I heard.

Now it makes sense.

rijman
10-26-2012, 05:44 AM
I missed if there was any talk of the KO Student Life debacle but caught the part where he said the obvious most improved player that is under the radar and people will be impressed by is KO.

Thanks for the interview recap. This is good news and KO is definitely not under my radar. I'm expecting him to be greatly improved all around.

75Zag
10-26-2012, 07:22 AM
Assuming this is all true, it is interesting - and perhaps a bit strange - that the GU Sports Information Department would choose an obscure local interview by Coach G to announce that KO is all clear and ready to play. Anyway, I hope he is clear and we can now focus on watching the Bulldogs win some OOC games and get some good national press for our players and our program.

Go Bulldogs!

zag944
10-26-2012, 07:38 AM
Good to hear Giacoletti talking about him in the positive and the talk about him practicing with the team that was on here yesterday. He's a fan favorite and key contributor, so hopefully everything is ok.

hooter73
10-26-2012, 07:39 AM
He didnt give the all clear, he didnt give anything other than KO impressed everyone with his dedication and hard work during the red shirt year.

GUZagDenver
10-26-2012, 01:06 PM
Don't get your hopes up..........

ZagnetitForce
10-26-2012, 02:45 PM
On what....Kelly playing well or being able to play at all?