PDA

View Full Version : The Zags' Season?

BobZag
10-25-2012, 02:06 AM
http://www.boatnerd.com/fitz/fitzpicshadow.jpg

BobZag
10-25-2012, 02:08 AM
Yep, post times are showing 7 hours early. I posted the pic at 10:06 and it shows 3:06. Just testing.

Goshzagit
10-25-2012, 02:11 AM
is that supposed to represent a "sinking ship", perhaps?

or was the 'test' merely coincidental?

or is it saying we're carrying a large load of talent this season, maybe?

or that the new big man is one large barge?

please elaborate, Bizzle.

maineblackbear
10-25-2012, 02:13 AM
um, goshzagit, its the edmund fitzgerald.

the most 'we're doomed' prediction i have ever seen. dammit, mcsorley, get us to whitefish bay.

(at one time in my life i had most of the names of the crew members memorized--because i am really weird).

maineblackbear
10-25-2012, 02:20 AM
but, yeah, if KO is unavailable and the Pole is as unready as he appeared, our interior is dower and harris.

that is seriously UGLY. Both dower and harris are good players, mind you, and harris is a super stud. and we have a great back court. but to go from a guy who was being touted on this board as the second coming of bol kong AND KO to neither would be devastating.

" . . . fellas its been good to know ya . . ."

thanks Bobzag for raining on my parade.

kirk
10-25-2012, 09:32 AM
Test- how's it looking?

sullyzag66
10-25-2012, 09:59 AM
http://www.boatnerd.com/fitz/fitzpicshadow.jpg
What? The Titanic was booked?

BobZag
10-25-2012, 10:02 AM
Test- how's it looking?

Fixed. Thank you.

There are many ways to interpret the symbolism of that photo.

SWZag
10-25-2012, 10:06 AM
The Classic Tale by Gordon Lightfoot (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vST6hVRj2A)

Let's hope for a little more success...

SWZag

aflac4life
10-25-2012, 10:19 AM
Looks like the boat left the harbor and it is smooth sailing what every captain wants.

stevet75
10-25-2012, 10:35 AM
Looks like big up front, big at the end and thin in the middle.
Sort of like my wife.

sittingon50
10-25-2012, 11:16 AM
Name dropper.

gu03alum
10-25-2012, 11:19 AM
Here's a much cooler ship named Fitzgerald that I think represents the Zags season.

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/3352_10151085779442823_167401611_n.jpg

DixieZag
10-25-2012, 11:19 AM
Fixed. Thank you.

"Interpret" all you want - - THAT boat ended up on the bottom of the biggest, maddest lake near Gordon Lightfoot.

Sorry, its a little early to buy into the "we're doomed" theme, I am still in the "we are going deep" phase which usually lasts at least another month or two.

CaliforniaZaggin'
10-25-2012, 11:23 AM
http://www.wayodd.com/funny-pictures2/funny-pictures-weiner-boat-0e1.jpg

This, too, is open to interpretation.

bigblahla
10-25-2012, 11:40 AM

Looks like a new beginning to me. No monkey on our back, an added sense of purpose with the talent and confidence to back it up.

The OOC schedule says we should be in every game. Our success will make the target grow as the OOC plays out. Pangos said the focus is "one game at a time". With that type of TEAM attitude the Zags could have a very good record entering WCC conference play. RB and the Gaels are counting on it. :D

Just my opinion.

Go!! Zags!!!

Oregonzagnut
10-25-2012, 11:45 AM
I think it means get on the boat. Or this season dedicated to Fitzgerald. Or that he knows something and it isn't good.

77Zag
10-25-2012, 12:01 PM

:lmao:
:lmao:

I interpret Rex having heartburn!

aflac4life
10-25-2012, 12:24 PM
If Student Life had a boat, would it be the Student Lifeboat?

NotoriousZ
10-25-2012, 12:24 PM

Perhaps this is part of their dance, of which there is 100% chance that they'll be doing come season's end.

As for the Zags season, "the skies of November turn gloomy?" Not buying it, Bob. We're coming out swinging and not looking back.

sittingon50
10-25-2012, 01:16 PM
Scroll down a bit

http://godisagael.yuku.com/topic/6309/Scrimmages

CDC84
10-25-2012, 01:30 PM
Mustard on a chili dog?? Doesn't look like cheese to me.

Oregonzagnut
10-25-2012, 01:30 PM
Scroll down a bit

http://godisagael.yuku.com/topic/6309/Scrimmages

If that photo is not made into a big head for our St Marys games, I will question the fortitude of our Kennel Club.

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww10/peter_aaron/StMarysTV.jpg

rennis
10-25-2012, 02:28 PM
I'm guessing he's not the only guy that's done something very questionable to get into that young vixen's knickers...

cjm720
10-25-2012, 02:32 PM
That looks like Chris Reyes, the next St. Mary's big to hurt the Zags...argh.

CaliforniaZaggin'
10-25-2012, 02:36 PM

The cheese came off during some stage 4 rapids.

gu03alum
10-25-2012, 03:28 PM

Mustard on a chili dog is bomb.com

Unbiased
10-25-2012, 04:38 PM
Maybe Bobzag is smarter than we think. The Fitzgerald sank - not simply because of the big November storm but because she was way "Overloaded".

Reborn
10-25-2012, 05:22 PM
[QUOTE=maineblackbear;820167]but, yeah, if KO is unavailable and the Pole is as unready as he appeared, our interior is dower and harris.

that is seriously UGLY. Both dower and harris are good players, mind you, and harris is a super stud. and we have a great back court. but to go from a guy who was being touted on this board as the second coming of bol kong AND KO to neither would be devastating. QUOTE]

I love it when the doomsayers hurry out into the streets to proclaim, "The sky is falling. The sky is falling." And this even before the season has started. How could anyone compare PK to Bol Kong before seeing him play? I have no clue. But I think this statement comes from an intoxicated mind. And what's the panic about KO? He'll be in uniform before you know it. If it is as serious as some may think, he'd know what it was all about by now. Relax guys.

ZagWhoShotLibertyValance
10-25-2012, 05:59 PM
Reborn said: "I love it when the doomsayers hurry out into the streets to proclaim, "The sky is falling. The sky is falling." And this even before the season has started. How could anyone compare PK to Bol Kong before seeing him play? I have no clue. But I think this statement comes from an intoxicated mind. And what's the panic about KO?"

Well, I am not prepared to read minds but the comparison of PK to Bol Kong was pure snark. You fell for it, because, I guess, it's late. The joke, to spell it out, was to compare the hype for one to the hype for another. I thought it was funny.

No idea if the blackbear was or is intoxicated. your argument, is, however, an appeal to authority, recognized as a logical fallacy in Philosophy 101 here. Even if s/he was intoxicated, you have failed to come to grips with the central foci of his/her claim:

IF the starting duo is Dower/Harris and PK is not ready and KO is NOT THERE, what do we do then?

SteelZag
10-25-2012, 06:36 PM
What we do then is revert back to our 2008-2009 recipe and play everyone out of position and hope we don't run into a North Carolina in the 2nd rd of the tourney.

willandi
10-25-2012, 07:29 PM
I'm guessing he's not the only guy that's done something very questionable to get into that young vixen's knickers...

...but wearing her undies? And stretching them out? BOOO!!!

Reborn
10-25-2012, 08:08 PM
No idea if the blackbear was or is intoxicated. your argument, is, however, an appeal to authority, recognized as a logical fallacy in Philosophy 101 here. Even if s/he was intoxicated, you have failed to come to grips with the central foci of his/her claim:

IF the starting duo is Dower/Harris and PK is not ready and KO is NOT THERE, what do we do then?

Why begin an argument with a fallacy. Hahaha. It's like we are looking at a tree, and you say. "There's no tree there." And I say."Yes there is. I can see it." And you say, "No it's not there." And I say, "What do you base your argument on?" And you say, "The fact that I say its not there, means it's not there."

Oregonzagnut
10-25-2012, 09:08 PM
Maybe Bobzag is smarter than we think. The Fitzgerald sank - not simply because of the big November storm but because she was way "Overloaded".

So now we are saying something like "too many cooks in the kitchen ruin the soup?" Are we that cynical that we think we are going to be unsuccessful because we have too much talent and too deep?

We are getting used to being pumped up all season so we have a cynicism and a need for "reverse psychological games" to make our second round loss easier. If this is the case then we as fans more than ever need to get get into the final four. This has nothing to do with hype or media attention or being selfish and unappreciative of our unique success Few has orchestrated, this has to do with our own assumption that our lot in life is to have 27+ win regular seasons but get let down in the tournament.

We have to convince ourselves it is "going to happen" no matter what we do, no matter what we schedule and no matter how talented our team is an how deep our bench is?

I expect all the improved recruiting, facilities and experience will produce an improved tournament finish. I expect it because we must have an improvement that follows "the whole is greater than the sum of the parts." How can it not happen sooner than later? It is survival of the fittest, evolution, natural selection. We must be getting better.

How can it be that all our parts are quantifiably improved yet our win % stays the same? (about 79%) Does anyone here think we have recruited the same skills, athleticism and chemistry from 1999 to 2003 to 2008 to now?

007Zag
10-26-2012, 08:45 AM
Why begin an argument with a fallacy. Hahaha. It's like we are looking at a tree, and you say. "There's no tree there." And I say."Yes there is. I can see it." And you say, "No it's not there." And I say, "What do you base your argument on?" And you say, "The fact that I say its not there, means it's not there." I suppose youre voting for Mitt Romney too.

:confused:

zaguarxj
10-26-2012, 12:58 PM
Oh... For a minute there I thought that might be a Canadian ship but, thankfully, it was not.

SteelZag
10-26-2012, 08:23 PM
I think I have figured out BZ's mysterious post. The 'Edmund Fitzgerald' had a Matthew "Failure to Launch" McConaughey problem which delayed the ships' record settings exploits by three and one half months. That would take us thru until mid February until our RECORD SETTING exploits are known.

The ship then set records for more than 17 years (which by that time most of posters' should have expired) or would have forgotten the slow start we may have instituted this season.

For myself I'm going to keep drinking the KOOL-AID until my doctor says I have type 2 diabetes.

Which leads me to another post of

OVER/UNDER?

Zags OVER/UNDER 80PPG?

Zags OVER/UNDER 40RPG?

Zags OVER/UNDER 12 TPG?

And so I guess the most important thingto take out of this post is just enjoy the journey until the dance starts!!!

BobZag
10-27-2012, 09:43 AM
I think I have figured out BZ's mysterious post. The 'Edmund Fitzgerald' had a Matthew "Failure to Launch" McConaughey problem which delayed the ships' record settings exploits by three and one half months. That would take us thru until mid February until our RECORD SETTING exploits are known.

The ship then set records for more than 17 years (which by that time most of posters' should have expired) or would have forgotten the slow start we may have instituted this season.

For myself I'm going to keep drinking the KOOL-AID until my doctor says I have type 2 diabetes.

Which leads me to another post of

OVER/UNDER?

Zags OVER/UNDER 80PPG?

Zags OVER/UNDER 40RPG?

Zags OVER/UNDER 12 TPG?

And so I guess the most important thingto take out of this post is just enjoy the journey until the dance starts!!!

True! Some folks just need to loosen up a bit.

http://static2.americanlifestyle.info/products/miralax.jpg