PDA

View Full Version : SSF Big Board for 2014

ZagNative
10-23-2012, 12:51 PM
Slipper Still Fits has an outstanding post (http://www.slipperstillfits.com/2014-gonzaga-recruiting/2012/10/23/3544306/2014-recruiting-big-board-three-new-prospects-emerge) up highlighting several great 2014 prospects on the staff's radar. Must read.

Jakester425
10-24-2012, 04:00 AM
Awesome to see the staff looking at Donaven Dorsey from my old high school, Timberline. Now I have a reason to visit my parents :)

SWZag
01-03-2013, 05:47 AM
Awesome to see the staff looking at Donaven Dorsey from my old high school, Timberline. Now I have a reason to visit my parents :)

Anyone in the Olympia area been to see Donaven?

From 14 December: Talented junior still growing – on and off court –and NCAA Division I schools are taking notice
(http://www.theolympian.com/2012/12/14/2353172/timberlines-donaven-dorsey-hits.html)

So far, scholarship offers have come from Washington, Washington State, Oregon State, Gonzaga and Portland State. Most recently, Arkansas of the Southeastern Conference started showing interest.

Currently 6'6"...
Doctors have told Dorsey he might reach 6-9.

cjm720
01-03-2013, 06:49 AM
I have a feeling Dorsey will be a Zag!!

CDC84
01-03-2013, 07:57 AM
I would imagine the TSSF "stock report" (Gonzaga's chances of landing the kid) has changed since October 2012 when this piece was initially published. Malik Pope is looking a bit higher than 10% at this point. Goodluck Okonoboh appears to be off the radar.

BroncoZAG615
01-03-2013, 08:09 AM
I would imagine the TSSF "stock report" (Gonzaga's chances of landing the kid) has changed since October 2012 when this piece was initially published. Malik Pope is looking a bit higher than 10% at this point. Goodluck Okonoboh appears to be off the radar.

Working on it :)

Malik Pope, Donaven Dorsey, Bryan Alberts, and Josh Perkins are the guys that really seem to be big on the radar at this time. Brekkott Chapman is a guy that we really like as well but we're still trying to dig up the exact relationship there.

We're all calling for a major 2014 class and judging by the current crop of kids considering GU, it seems like the staff is destined to deliver. Personally, I'm hoping this class will put an end to all the "What has Donny Daniels done for us" chatter. Donny has had a tremendous impact on recruiting every class since he has been here and has done a great job securing interest from top prospects along the way.

Just keep winning, and everything should take care of itself.

dnj116
01-03-2013, 08:23 AM
Malik Pope is looking a bit higher than 10% at this point.

I agree. I thought it was a good sign that Malik Pope was recently tweeting about the zags several times (trying to read into how a kid feels based off his tweets, sheesh). Shows that we're in the running at least. Recruiting has to be such a frustrating and hand-wringing process for the coaches . . . courting a kid for several years to play at your school and spending a lot of time and energy on a high-profile recruit, just for them to pick another school has to be frustrating beyond belief. Such a tricky endeavor to attempt to get these highly sought after kids.

That said, I will be very interested to see who we bring in. There are a lot of holes to be filled coming up, and maybe more if Kelly goes to the NBA after this season (or we get the unfortunate transfer). I think its pretty clear that we will need some high-level recruits to come in to supplement Meikle and Edwards (because by all accounts both players will need some time to develop before they can contribute and compete at this level). We've been very fortunate in our ability to "reload" and not "rebuild" year after year. For this to continue, we better hope that at least a couple of these offers bite at the apple. Lets see how this develops . . . exciting stuff.