PDA

View Full Version : Morrison and Karl Trailblazers

germzag
10-18-2012, 08:12 AM
Anybody see the box score last night. Coby Karl had a much better game than Ammo. Really surprising. Not looking good for Ammo to make the team because Karl is a better athlete than Ammo but Ammo in my opinion is a much better player. I have played against them both in pickup. Not saying I am the best judge of talent but the facts are facts. Not looking good for Ammo. Even ifor he does not make the team the guy still probably has 8 to 10 Mil tucked away from his first contract. Still a really nice life in Mead or whereever he has his home. Finish up the degree and do some coaching, I am guessing Mead High School or Whitworth initially, or GU. Ammo still has a great life, even if he never sees the big lights again on the court. Love that guy. Coby Karl I would have never seen as an NBA player but he works his ass off. Gymrat should be his middle name. I am happy for him, too. He is a good shooter and actually has a 35 inch vertical off both feet. Good dunker but goofy body.

Ebay
10-18-2012, 08:55 AM
I watched the game last night. Karl did impress. Really ran the team well. But I don't think he's competing with Morrison for a spot. They play different positions. Karl ran the point last night. I think Morrison is battling Sasha Pavlovic for the last roster spot. Pavlovic is a veteran known for his 3 point shooting. AMMO is much more talented offensively imo. I really hope he makes the team. I'm buying half-season tickets to the Blazers this year. WOuld love to be able to see AMMO play.

gamagin
10-18-2012, 09:36 AM
I'm hoping Ammo will make it as a fellow who can contribute, who is (relatively) inexpensive AND could be a game changer at any moment.

Everyone knows by now what he has done. The question is can he clear this pro hurdle and contribute at this higher level as well.

His maturity and leadership plus his "game" and shot selection/teamwork/fire appear to be part of a more complete package than the old Ammo.

Don't know the other players but am hoping this latest package of possibilities makes him more attractive in the Portland's overall plan, and that he stays, and produces.

GoGU
10-18-2012, 10:04 AM
I honestly think that this spot is Adam's for the taking. If he doesn't show up soon, his career will be over. We all know that he has the skills. I don't think that this is a problem of him not being able to compete with NBA talent. Defense isn't his strength, but the Blazers new that when they invited him to camp. The biggest roadblock to Adam is his depleted confidence. If he can step up and play with confidence and aggression, the buckets will follow, and then I think he's got the spot.

VaBeachZAG
10-18-2012, 11:11 AM
Really, what the bloody heck does he have to lose? He should just let it all hang out and go crazy like he did in college. I agree that his biggest challenge is probably confidence. He should just take the floor imagining the name on his jersy is GONZAGA, and go off like the old days!

KStyles
10-25-2012, 01:55 AM
Not looking good for Adam. The Blazers play at Utah tonight at 7 MDT.

After Thursday’s game, the Blazers have a practice Friday before they make their final roster cuts to get down to the league maximum of 15 players. The Blazers already have 15 players under contract for the season, meaning Karl, Morrison and Justin Holiday will likely be cut Saturday. Teams have to turn in their final rosters Monday, but most will trim their rosters by Saturday to give players a chance to clear waivers by Monday.

http://www.oregonlive.com/blazers/index.ssf/2012/10/starters_will_play_more_but_rest_of_rotation_up_in .html

northsidezagfan
10-26-2012, 07:23 AM
http://dimemag.com/2012/10/dime-qa-adam-morrison-talks-about-last-chances-rage-against-the-machine/

Nice interview with Adam from Dime magazine

willandi
10-26-2012, 08:13 AM
Not looking good for Adam. The Blazers play at Utah tonight at 7 MDT.

http://www.oregonlive.com/blazers/index.ssf/2012/10/starters_will_play_more_but_rest_of_rotation_up_in .html

That certainly is the most likely prospect. But Batum is their starting SF. Behind him on the depth charts are Babbett at 1.9M. Claver at 1.3M and Barton at .55M. I don't know what the veterans minimum for Adam would be, but they could save some money by cutting one or two of the three back-ups. Will it happen? Hard to say, but Claver and Babbett didn't play last night either (didn't think to look for Barton).

On the roster they have over 20 players listed and only 4 with no salary behind their name (Adam was one of those), so they will have to cut somebody somewhere. It is unlikely, but they know that when Adam gets hot, he can score in bunches. They don't know that about the other three.

KStyles
10-26-2012, 02:41 PM
Didn't make it. We'll see if he follows through with retirement, or gets picked up by another team.

The Trail Blazers took the first step Friday toward finalizing their final roster for Wednesday's season opener when they informed Coby Karl, Adam Morrison and Justin Holiday that they will be waived Saturday.

http://www.oregonlive.com/blazers/index.ssf/2012/10/blazers_inform_coby_karl_adam_morrison_and_justin. html