PDA

View Full Version : East Coast Swing

Angelo Roncalli
07-27-2007, 07:18 AM
The Zags will play St. Joe's at the field house on Hawk Hill on November 29th. They'll go up to Boston to play UConn in the Hall of Fame Classic on December 1.

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/colleges/penn/8756392.html

former1dog
07-27-2007, 07:37 AM
Anyone have any insights into the quality of these teams and their prospects for the season?

El Voce
07-27-2007, 08:30 AM
What a breath of scheduling fresh air that we are playing both games on the same trip! That means fewer days lost to team preparation due to travel.

BobZag
07-27-2007, 09:21 AM
UConn will be improved and ditto for St. Joe's. If the Zags were to somehow sweep this two game set, that would be two high quality wins for seeding in March.

And what a nice trip for fans. Philly cheesesteak, the game, then drive up to Boston for some Irish food and the game. Sounds like a Hondo trip. :)

CDC84
07-27-2007, 09:22 AM
Anyone have any insights into the quality of these teams and their prospects for the season?

The Hawks should be pretty good. They return every significant player on a team that went 18-14 last season. They're team was very young last year. I am not sure how the rest of the A-10 is looking as far as their chances to win the league.

I expect Calhoun and Co. at UConn to make it back to the NCAA tourney this season. I think after last season's growing pains and ridiculous non-league schedule (so easy that it did them a disservice), the Huskies just have too much talent up and down their roster to not get back into the tourney and win a lot more Big East games than they did last season.

Zag79
07-31-2007, 07:56 PM
im just glad we got real quality opponents without the travel of last year! the uconn is a game im excited for, a lil revenge from maui! :D

cbbfanatic
08-01-2007, 07:55 PM
i'm pretty sure st joes lost some kids to transfer... one or two of their "legends in their own minds" frosh guards from last year (dj rivera and carter?) and another role guy named something like monufanya...

GU will ROLL these guys. ahmad nivins is a solid post player, calathes has his moments, but the rest of this team is in shambles. 15+ pt win. shoulda played the game in the palestra, that place is by far the coolest place ive ever seen a college basketball game, and ive seen some solid venues.

uconn is another story, i dont always subscribe to the "another year older" theory that makes teams much improved, when it is basically the same team (sorry husky fans), but i just get the feeling calhoun will get these guys to gel... they have some weapons... watch out for dyson

TheZagPhish
08-01-2007, 08:13 PM
...sorry husky fans..

Ya just don't see these three words strung together in this place!

Zag79
08-02-2007, 04:29 PM
...sorry husky fans..

ick... :mad:

RenoZag
08-02-2007, 07:10 PM
Tickets for the doubleheader go on sale Sept. 4 at all Ticketmaster locations as well as Ticketmaster.com. Each school will have tickets available to its students and alumni in August. For corporate packages, please contact Game Seven Sports at 859.317.2200 x2206. Complete event information can be found on www.game-seven.com or www.hoophall.com.

July Press Release (http://www.uconnhuskies.com/AllStories/MBasketball/2007/07/10/20070710.html)