PDA

View Full Version : Bleacher Report Article on Rob

ID ZAGFAN
10-17-2012, 09:50 AM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1371902-robert-sacre-everything-you-need-to-know-about-lakers-mr-irrelevant

Not much new in this article, which seems a little condescending--to the reader. (Do we really need to be told that a provincial championship is equivalent to a state championship, for example?)

"This offers great insight into what Sacre will be able to provide for the Los Angeles Lakers. He is ferocious on the offensive glass, a shot alterer on the defensive end and a consistent scorer from the free throw line.

Consider him to be an underwhelming Dwight Howard that can actually shoot the basketball.

Truthfully, what will set Sacre apart from most young bigs is that he is a pure seven-footer. His size and length in the paint is extraordinary, which almost makes up for his need for a drastic improvement in terms of strength and muscle.

He's an excellent shot blocker, consistent interior scorer and a very good offensive rebounder. Between him and Jordan Hill, it appears as if the Lakers could have their second unit frontcourt of the future.

Should Sacre ever develop a greater feel for the fundamentals, however, we could see a star in the making."

It also includes a link to Sacre's NBA draft video if you haven't seen it. Best part of this is the comments section. Everybody has good things to say about Big Rob.

ZaGranny

Johnnygu
10-17-2012, 10:15 AM
Do the bleacher report writers work solely for bleacher report or as a side job? Are they local to what they are writing about?

willandi
10-17-2012, 12:16 PM
So. A story about Mr. Irrelevant by the Great Irrelevance! Perfect!

ZagNative
10-17-2012, 01:55 PM
I don't read Bleacher Report stories. Ever.

Bleacher Report stories are by unpaid hacks with sketchy credentials, with the odd high school junior thrown in.

I think Bleacher Report undercuts quality sites that employ professional sports journalists whose opinions matter to me.

Birddog
10-17-2012, 06:09 PM
It should be renamed the "Blech Report".