PDA

View Full Version : Schedule Revised -- worried in CA

77Zag
10-16-2012, 11:22 AM
based on the latest update on GoZags.com - a bit worried. Many games not on Root for us CA folks.

Is this still a work in progress??

http://www.gozags.com/SportSelect.dbml?&DB_OEM_ID=26400&SPID=90846&SPSID=627529

ZagNative
10-16-2012, 11:31 AM
It looks to me like the TV arrangements for WCC games that aren't on ESPN channels are yet to be announced.

CDC84
10-16-2012, 11:56 AM
And I have heard they might not be announced until the end of the month and possibly early November.

ZagNative
10-16-2012, 12:09 PM
I've wondered if the WCC is trying to work out a deal with Time Warner Cable (TWCSportsnet), the channel the Lakers are carried on (which isn't part of Comcast Cable here in Spokane yet).

Jamie Zaninovich ‏@WCC_Commish

SFO-LAX yet again. This time for launch party for @TWCSportsnet. Significant development in the #2 Media market in nation. #historicevent From Jamie's twitter account, I gather that he's hard at work on the WCC's TV deal.

JPtheBeasta
10-16-2012, 03:29 PM
I was able to see most of the games on DirecTV on Root NW last year. There were times, if I recall, that the listing wasn't right and I had to just manually record or turn to the channel with faith that it would be on. If you have a sports bar in your area that is worth its salt, they should be able to get it somehow- I have never had problems in the Phoenix area at Buffalo Wild Wings (not an endorsement by an means) down to a hole in the wall with a bunch of TVs.

ridgebackzag
10-16-2012, 03:31 PM
I'm going to attempt streaming the local-only games this year since I received my CableCard TV tuner last spring. I'll post the Justin.TV (presumably) channel name as soon as I get it up and running.

GoGU
10-16-2012, 04:21 PM
I'm going to assume that Thursday night WCC games will conflict with some PAC-12 games on ROOT, so it's not wise to expect that every WCC game will be available in the greater northwest. I didn't get very many GU games in Portland during winter break last year because they were preempted by Washington or Oregon or Oregon State games.

VaBeachZAG
10-16-2012, 04:59 PM
I thought there was a new Pac 12 sports network established this year. If so, shouldn't the great majority of Pac 12 BB games be shown there, rather than on Root (thus eliminating much of the potential conflict with Zags games). I have noticed there are almost no Pac 12 FB games on Root this year, so it might follow that there will be much fewer Pac 12 BB games on Root.

GoGU
10-16-2012, 05:02 PM
I thought there was a new Pac 12 sports network established this year. If so, shouldn't the great majority of Pac 12 BB games be shown there, rather than on Root (thus eliminating much of the potential conflict with Zags games). I have noticed there are almost no Pac 12 FB games on Root this year, so it might follow that there will be much fewer Pac 12 BB games on Root.

You're right, I forgot about Pac-12 network.

Now ROOT will probably show Seattle U games during that time. Because they can.

webspinnre
10-16-2012, 06:03 PM
For us Bay Area Zags, I've had pretty good luck on the CSN network of getting games for USF and Santa Clara.

Oregonzagnut
10-16-2012, 08:59 PM
Like anything else, if you throw enough money at it, you can get what you want. Unless it is 110 years of life you want, and by then I hope the Zags win it all.