PDA

View Full Version : And it starts

titopoet
10-13-2012, 12:42 PM
Pangos worked on getting in the paint. Here is a couple great vids with Kevin
http://www.kxly.com/sports/Gonzaga-holds-first-practice-of-2012-13-season/-/100918/16975264/-/y3i0y4z/-/index.html

and E
http://bit.ly/Qkh66z

GREAT GUYS and it has started.

gamagin
10-13-2012, 01:25 PM
I was a little disappointed in Few's answer to how he deals with the rotation about 2:30 in his interview. The kind of question that's gone begging (in my mind anyway), at least when it comes to the horse's mouth.

MF didn't give a wrong answer, imo, but he did choose to pass up one of those things that would have given all us fans a little something more to chew on. A possible insight or two into the method of the madness from the bench.

Few sort of blew off the question after first indicating (but not actually stating, nor elaborating, either) much of what was being asked had already been worked out over a long period of time.

It's up to MF whether he wants to give us a peek or not, but the resulting answer left us all to keep speculating without benefit of a few words from the guy moving talent around.

Is there a top 8 players and then some sort of order to who gets minutes, when and how is that done ? A follow up might have been a question about platooning with the talent pool so deep. But the possibilities stopped with the first question.

Overall, I thought there were some well framed questions in the three interviews.

Chemistry is very high by all accounts. MF said leadership was likely going to be "by committee." KP and EH were mentioned, along with GBjr "in his quiet way."

I hope ONE real leader emerges. Someone on the floor that rallies the troops on the floor, in the heat of battle, and whom all can rally to & rely on, all season long. I think it's something that has been lacking for some time and is in serious need of attention, fwiw.

titopoet
10-13-2012, 01:34 PM
I was a little disappointed in Few's answer to how he deals with the rotation about 2:30 in his interview. The kind of question that's gone begging (in my mind anyway), at least when it comes to the horse's mouth.

MF didn't give a wrong answer, imo, but he did choose to pass up one of those things that would have given all us fans a little something more to chew on. A possible insight or two into the method of the madness from the bench.

Few sort of blew off the question after first indicating (but not actually stating, nor elaborating, either) much of what was being asked had already been worked out over a long period of time.

It's up to MF whether he wants to give us a peek or not, but the resulting answer left us all to keep speculating without benefit of a few words from the guy moving talent around.

I don't think Mark will give us an answer, nor should he. He gets paid to coach and win games. Reporters will ask questions, and Few is getting better at diffusing the question. He will use PT as a motivation.

GoZags
10-13-2012, 03:19 PM
On the ESPNU Midnight Madness kickoff, Few was interviewed by phone (with Andy Katz). He likened this year's team with '99 in terms of depth and versatility and said that like '99, this year's team could go 10 (or 11) deep.

That's always one of the things I liked about the Elite 8 team -- they did go 10 deep.

Few told Katz that one of the things he'll be looking at in Fall camp is where guys fit in the rotation.

But it sounds like he'll take advantage of the depth this years' team has.

JPtheBeasta
10-13-2012, 03:47 PM
On the ESPNU Midnight Madness kickoff, Few was interviewed by phone (with Andy Katz). He likened this year's team with '99 in terms of depth and versatility and said that like '99, this year's team could go 10 (or 11) deep.

That's always one of the things I liked about the Elite 8 team -- they did go 10 deep.

Few told Katz that one of the things he'll be looking at in Fall camp is where guys fit in the rotation.

But it sounds like he'll take advantage of the depth this years' team has.

That's pretty big for Few to say that. I had mentioned before that this year seemed like the first one in a while where the staff wasn't so guarded about expectations (Tommy Lloyd's equating expectations as being over the tips of your skis notwithstanding). You don't hear the "this team is not as skilled" or "this team is young" type comments. Hopefully a lack of question marks will translate into some explanation marks (!!!) this year.

It's great when the biggest challenge is figuring out how to best utilize all of the weapons you have.

SLOZag
10-13-2012, 09:06 PM
Hopefully a lack of question marks will translate into some explanation marks (!!!) this year.

No more "explanation marks" -- nothing but exclamation marks this year!!!

JPtheBeasta
10-14-2012, 12:52 AM
No more "explanation marks" -- nothing but exclamation marks this year!!!

hooter73
10-14-2012, 02:29 PM
Kp is a heck of a well spoken kid in front of the camera. Not a common trait to find.

Leadership is going to happen. Stockton, Harris, Pangos but even PK and DB while new to the program are not new to playing team roles.