PDA

View Full Version : CBS early bracket

RRZagFan
10-12-2012, 10:35 AM
Zags a 5 seed

http://cbsprt.co/CBSBracket

hooter73
10-12-2012, 11:33 AM
St. Mary's at 11, hmmmm. I might go out on a limb and say that BYU will be the other WCC team in the tournament with us this year.

75Zag
10-12-2012, 02:29 PM
Obviously posting brackets this early is total crap, but just in case cosmic karma is involved, I say YES to San Jose. Good venue and decent air access from the West Coast. A nice - if pointless - dream.

Go Bulldogs!

NotoriousZ
10-12-2012, 03:06 PM
St. Mary's at 11, hmmmm. I might go out on a limb and say that BYU will be the other WCC team in the tournament with us this year.

That's not a limb.

While I agree with you that BYU has a better shot at making the NCAA's than SMC, check this out: Gonzaga will get a 2 seed this year. After they power through the nonconference schedule, undefeated, they drop only two games in the WCC. One will be an unexpected letdown type game, and the other will be at BYU. Then they win out in Vegas, get the 2 seed and then...they just keep winning!

http://home.windstream.net/sethmiller/pix/dundee.jpg

That's a limb.

GonzaGAW
10-12-2012, 03:36 PM
if we play davidson later this year, i see 7 teams in the tourney that are on our schedule. and this bracket does not have byu making the dance.

yes this years schedule may not have a lot of top 15 teams, but plenty of very good teams. if and we end up with maybe 4-5 losses come end of season we should have a pretty good rpi and i think we would do better than a 5 seed.

Reborn
10-12-2012, 04:26 PM
If we get to play Duke @ San Jose I would love it. My dream is to play Duke out west, and this could be the year.

ValencyLovesZagsInAtlanta
10-13-2012, 03:16 PM
if we play davidson later this year, i see 7 teams in the tourney that are on our schedule. and this bracket does not have byu making the dance.

yes this years schedule may not have a lot of top 15 teams, but plenty of very good teams. if and we end up with maybe 4-5 losses come end of season we should have a pretty good rpi and i think we would do better than a 5 seed.

Hi!

I have both my Zags and Davidson in the Final 4. Davidson in my opinion will be a little more talented version of the last Butler team that made the Final game against UConn and lost. This year is so wide open as I think the chalk :) is not as strong at the top! Will Yogi Ferrell as a Freshman point for Indiana be able to take them to the top? He is really good but we shall see! Tom Crean the IU coach just doesn't seem like in a big game he is going to really step up the the plate and hit a homerun.

Our Zags are really so under the radar even though some nice articles out there. I mean I think Louisville losing Mike Mara is a big loss for the Cards. Also Rakeem Buckles transfering is also depth loss since in his Freshman year he scored 17 points in an NCAA tourney game.

Oh ya Kentucky! Way over hyped with Nerlens Noel. Karno will eat him alive and have him for breakfast, lunch and then dinner! Our whole 4 player rotation up front of KarNASTY (took that from a cool zags poster here!), Elias, Sam and Kelly is off the hook and is 1 of if not the best front court in college hoops!

Plus we are so overdue to break through. We need to stay healthy and focused. If we do that its going to be party time in Atlanta baby!

But really lets take one small step at a time and stay humble while we go for the jugular! :)

All this is just way to exciting. Plus this team is really close from my reading and I love that! Good chemistry like any relationship is the key to happiness and prosperity! :)

Thanks for listening to me ramble on...:)

Warmest
Val

UKWildcatsFan
10-13-2012, 03:24 PM
I always like to look at the early brackets for fun, but never pay much attention to them....however that's not a bad spot for Gonzaga. Would be kinda cool to see them make a run to the Final 4 over those teams.

10-13-2012, 04:56 PM
I always like to look at the early brackets for fun, but never pay much attention to them....however that's not a bad spot for Gonzaga. Would be kinda cool to see them make a run to the Final 4 over those teams.

Hi

Congrats on your championship! Anthony Davis was amazing last year!

Val

Oregonzagnut
10-13-2012, 09:25 PM
a 3 seed this year.

10-13-2012, 09:57 PM
a 3 seed this year.

I agree! A #3 seed is the magic number! It creates a nice opening to get to Atlanta! Beat a #14, #6 and then a #2 before playing the #1 seed.

But this is March Madness and I would say its pretty much guaranteed the #1 or #2 gets upset leaving us playing a lower seeded team than expected by the NCAA Tournament committee!

UConn won it all with a #3 seed in 2010-11. The key is the bracket opening up a bit with good match-ups. That would be cool.

But a #3 seed avoids the 4 #1's until regional final. I think the Zags can get a #2 seed but have to go 28-3 in the regular season to get it plus get at least to the finals of the WCC Tournament. I think 30 wins should earn us a #2 seed guaranteed.

Val :)

Oregonzagnut
10-13-2012, 10:03 PM
I agree! A #3 seed is the magic number! It creates a nice opening to get to Atlanta! Beat a #14, #6 and then a #2 before playing the #1 seed.

I think 30 wins should earn us a #2 seed guaranteed.

Val :)

Since we have never had 30 wins, I would be stoked! If we have 30 win prior to the tournament, we will be ranked in the top 10 easily (possibly top 5) and probably go undefeated in WCC.

Knock on wood, we are the best team in the west!!

BTW, I took your user ID to mean you were in Atlanta, but I can see now you mean the final four "inAtlanta". I like that prediction over any seed we get!

UKWildcatsFan
10-14-2012, 01:43 PM
Since we have never had 30 wins, I would be stoked! If we have 30 win prior to the tournament, we will be ranked in the top 10 easily (possibly top 5) and probably go undefeated in WCC.

Knock on wood, we are the best team in the west!!

BTW, I took your user ID to mean you were in Atlanta, but I can see now you mean the final four "inAtlanta". I like that prediction over any seed we get!

Just the thought of having 30 wins going into the tourney makes me happy.

That would be crazy tough to do though. It would require probably going 16-0 in WCC play, winning the two games in the WCC Tourney. So there's 18 wins, then they'd have to go 12-3 in non-conference play. They would definitely be in the top 10 with a 30-3 record, especially since they'd be on at least a 14 game winning streak at that point.

Fun to think about these things.

MDABE80
10-14-2012, 02:18 PM
Unlike previous years, there is not one game on the scheduled we can't win. Reports I'm getting indicate this team is good enough in talent to go the distance. Letdowns, crazy refs, a few mm one way or the other or injuries can change that. We have a VERY good team that will develope over the season. Other teams develope too but I think we have lots of room to be fabulous.

UKWildcatsFan
10-14-2012, 03:31 PM
Unlike previous years, there is not one game on the scheduled we can't win. Reports I'm getting indicate this team is good enough in talent to go the distance. Letdowns, crazy refs, a few mm one way or the other or injuries can change that. We have a VERY good team that will develope over the season. Other teams develope too but I think we have lots of room to be fabulous.

I agree. Every game on the schedule looks on paper to be winnable. There's still a lot of time before games start and they always drop a WCC game or two. But it's definitely set up to be a special season.

3zagda
10-14-2012, 03:50 PM
A pipe dream I know, bear with me... earning a 3 seed in the West would give us a huge advantage moving forward. 3 seed in the West plays the first 2 NCAA tournament games in Salt Lake City, an hour and 40 minute flight from Spokane. If the Zags advance, the Sweet 16 round for the West Region is in Los Angeles, also on the West Coast! Otherwise the Zags will most likely be playing multiple time zones and long flights cross country.
So can we earn a 3 seed? I believe never achieved by a Zag team. Maybe. The Zags have plenty of national preseason hype. If we start strong, I think we will move up the rankings very quickly. We would have to have a very strong OOC schedule, including at least 2 wins in the Old Spice classic. Follow that with a strong WCC run, the committee MIGHT give us a 3 seed in the West. It could happen!
Anyone have any extra Kool-aid? I am running low!

sittingon50
10-14-2012, 04:35 PM
95: #14 Salt Lake
99: #10 Seattle, Phoenix
00: #10 Tucson, Albuquerque
01: #12 Memphis, Atlanta
02: # 6 Albuquerque
03: # 9 Salt Lake
04: # 2 Seattle
05: # 3 Tucson
06: # 3 Salt Lake, Oakland
07: #10 Sacramento