PDA

View Full Version : Jim Meehan's article about practice starting

ID ZAGFAN
10-12-2012, 07:29 AM
October 12, 2012 in Sports
Area Division I college teams to open basketball practice
A couple of bits:

"Gonzaga, coming off a 27-7 season and a 14th consecutive trip to the NCAA tournament, holds its first official team practice today. The Bulldogs return most of their key players and add a couple of intriguing newcomers that have caught the attention of so-called college basketball gurus."

"Itís become an annual rite of autumn, but the hype surrounding the Zags got an early start this season. Two of CBSsports.comís five college basketball writers projected Gonzaga to make the Final Four. Bleacherreport.com offered national championship odds for every team in its preseason Top 25. No. 24 GU is 65 to 1. Top-ranked Indiana is 10 to 1."

More at the link plus WSU, EWU, Idaho

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2012/oct/12/area-division-i-college-teams-to-open-basketball/

ZaGranny

Bogozags
10-12-2012, 08:06 AM
Once again, THANKS ZaGranny!

dnj116
10-12-2012, 08:41 AM
Thanks for posting! Visiting the GUBoards is my one-stop shopping for articles around the web (even if its from the spokesman). Cheers!

hooter73
10-12-2012, 10:17 AM
re: WSU
"The biggest priority for Washington Stateís menís basketball team as it begins practices today?"

Answer: Curing hangovers.

They have no point guard, their coach is holding onto his ten year with his fingernails, and potential recruits are dropping them left and right every time Pullman is in the news. How many people have fallen out of windows just this month?

It is a huge shame, that program was going places 4 years ago. Now instead of spiraling up, it is swirling down.

Johnnygu
10-12-2012, 10:47 AM
It is a huge shame, that program was going places 4 years ago. Now instead of spiraling up, it is swirling down.

I agree. WSU invested in Dick bennett, and he put his heart and soul into the program to have it rise to a Sweet sixteen level, only to have his son ditch the program ASAP. Gonzaga does it the right way though.

sittingon50
10-12-2012, 11:14 AM
Moos will can Bone & go get a name (see football).

Vanzagger
10-12-2012, 11:36 AM
don't stick a fork in the Cougs and Bone just yet. Brock Motom is right up there with E as one of the best players in all of college basketball IMO.

Also, Tony could have left the program earlier than he did. Word is he wanted to stay longer. Sometimes you get Trumped though.

johno
10-12-2012, 12:24 PM
Meehan cites Bleachereport?

sittingon50
10-12-2012, 12:51 PM
Get a rope!