PDA

View Full Version : A Break from Politics

titopoet
10-10-2012, 06:40 AM
Last night my son, a joyous three year old, got to make a wish form the Make a Wish Foundation. We were nominated by a fellow church goer and he was so happy.

He wished to meet the creators of his favorite movie, Cars 2. He wants to go to Pixar and meet the guy who made Miguel Camino, his favorite character from the movie.

I think joy, wonder and love make life at its highest. I just needed to share.

gu03alum
10-10-2012, 06:41 AM
Last night my son, a joyous three year old, got to make a wish form the Make a Wish Foundation. We were nominated by a fellow church goer and he was so happy.

He wished to meet the creators of his favorite movie, Cars 2. He wants to go to Pixar and meet the guy who made Miguel Camino, his favorite character from the movie.

That's awesome! Thank you for sharing that.

treehorn
10-10-2012, 06:44 AM
Good wish; God love him.

webspinnre
10-10-2012, 07:00 AM
What a fantastic wish. My 4 and 2 year olds love Cars. Anytime my 2 year old sees McQueen he yells out "Neen!" (for lightning), and anytime he sees Mater/Finn he yells "Hi-Yah!" (because we have a book that has them doing karate as spy cars).

LongIslandZagFan
10-10-2012, 07:12 AM

Awesome.. Take pix... I love Pixar. Very happy for your son.

titopoet
10-10-2012, 07:32 AM
Tito- pardon my ignorance, but I wasn't aware your son was ill. I think the Make a Wish foundation is everything that is right with America, and I'm so happy he was able to make his. Your family will be in my prayers.

No worries. Life moves so fast. my son has an incurable disease. He was also the guild School poster child. He has been so blessed through all of his trials.

Here is his commercial explaining his trials. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UE1dCJzmcOY)

Zagpower
10-10-2012, 07:37 AM
Amazing Tito.

Best wishes for you and your family. AS LIZ said, please share some pictures of the trip if you are comfortable doing that.

Lurknomore
10-10-2012, 07:58 AM
Tito-thank you for the welcome break. I hope you and your family especially your son have a wonderful time on your trip.

titopoet
10-10-2012, 08:05 AM
God bless you and your family. There aren't many people who know what you are going through, and I know that makes it more difficult. Our daughter was diagnosed during our 20 week ultrasound with a "incompatible with life" disorder. She died the day she was born.

You have a beautiful family, and I hope he has the greatest trip in the world.

Sidenote: If I were wanting to donate some money, would donating to the Guild School (https://npo.networkforgood.org/Donate/Donate.aspx?npoSubscriptionId=7166&checkTime=%5Btype+Function%5D&my%5Fnc=%5Bobject+Object%5D&my%5Fns=%5Bobject+Object%5D&time%5Finterval=1&DUR=9%2E609&MY%5FDUR=9%2E609&monthly=%5Btype+Function%5D&comm=%5Btype+Function)be the appropriate recepient?

I am so sorry for your loss. I don't know how you must feel. So many times we forget we are humans trying to live the best we can, That is the most important aspect.

Yes, Guild School is great. They are my heroes for what they do everyday for a great group of kids.

kdoggy
10-10-2012, 08:22 AM
A beautiful boy, tito. Prayers to him and your family. Have an excellent time at Pixar!

Zagstad
10-10-2012, 08:25 AM
Tito, may God give you and your family the grace you need in this time of great challenges.

titopoet
10-10-2012, 09:13 AM
Tito, may God give you and your family the grace you need in this time of great challenges.

Thank you for your blessings

TexasZagFan
10-10-2012, 09:18 AM
Words escape me, tito. I can't imagine the challenges your family has had to endure.

My family and my students will be praying for you all.

Zagdawg
10-10-2012, 10:01 AM
Prayers to you and your family.

Worthington
10-10-2012, 11:11 AM
That's honestly one of the cutest kids I've ever seen, so happy he got to make a wish!

cggonzaga
10-10-2012, 12:06 PM
Inspiring Tito. Can I ask what the titopoet handle signifies?

titopoet
10-10-2012, 12:12 PM
Inspiring Tito. Can I ask what the titopoet handle signifies?

I go by Tito (as does my son and my uncle and an other cousin) it sort of a Spanish version of Junior. We all have the name of my Grandfather.

Poet because I am a poet.

Not very original, I know.

FieldHouseFishHouse
10-10-2012, 12:17 PM
Congrats to your son! I hope he enjoys his wish!

JPtheBeasta
10-10-2012, 01:06 PM
God bless all of you Titos.

I think it is great that this thread was moved from the Crosby Center to here, where more people can see it. Looking forward to the update and hearing if Lightning McQueen is as fast as they say he is.

Papa K
10-10-2012, 01:32 PM
Blessings on you and your family Tito.

Radbooks
10-10-2012, 04:05 PM
May God bless you and your family, Tito!

Radbooks
10-10-2012, 04:07 PM
God bless you and your family. There aren't many people who know what you are going through, and I know that makes it more difficult. Our daughter was diagnosed during our 20 week ultrasound with a "incompatible with life" disorder. She died the day she was born.

I'm so sorry for your loss, GA. It must have been such a horrible time for you and your family. God Bless you too.

Reborn
10-10-2012, 04:50 PM
Tito Poet thanks for sharing your joy and love that you have for your very special son. We all share in your burden too. We are the Gonzaga family and thanks for sharing this with ous. Your son sounds a lot like you, special. God bless you and your family and may He help keep your burden light. We too will help.

And my heart goes out to you too Gray's Anatamy. Such heavy burdens. Both you and Tito are wonderful contributers to this board and Im glad you guys shared your heart with us. My prayer for tito goes out to you and your family too.

And not only watching the Zags play, but knowing what they stand for, helps us all through our challenging times.

Go Zags!!!

gamagin
10-10-2012, 05:20 PM
Tito Poet thanks for sharing your joy and love that you have for your very special son. We all share in your burden too. We are the Gonzaga family and thanks for sharing this with ous. Your son sounds a lot like you, special. God bless you and your family and may He help keep your burden light. We too will help.

And my heart goes out to you too Gray's Anatamy. Such heavy burdens. Both you and Tito are wonderful contributers to this board and Im glad you guys shared your heart with us. My prayer for tito goes out to you and your family too.

And not only watching the Zags play, but knowing what they stand for, helps us all through our challenging times.

Go Zags!!!

I attended the annual Guild school fund raising breakfast a week ago. Amazing program & staff, amazing parents and children. Tons of support & need for all these beautiful people.

75Zag
10-10-2012, 07:05 PM
I just made a modest donation to the Guild School. Please join me.

I like to offer minority opinions fueled by very expensive alcoholic beverages and silly thoughts.

I respect and honor those of you who are dealing with real-world stuff.

Basketball is a mindless diversion for those who have no more important issues to deal with in their lives.

Go Bulldogs!

BoZarth
10-11-2012, 10:35 AM
God Bless

Go Zags!!!!

titopoet
10-11-2012, 11:13 AM
I just made a modest donation to the Guild School. Please join me.

I like to offer minority opinions fueled by very expensive alcoholic beverages and silly thoughts.

I respect and honor those of you who are dealing with real-world stuff.

Basketball is a mindless diversion for those who have no more important issues to deal with in their lives.

Go Bulldogs!

Thank you and know you have help so many.

bostonzagfan
10-11-2012, 08:48 PM
my heart goes out to you both, tito and gray. tito please let us know how the trip goes.

i lost a big bet (for me) on the thursday night football game tonight. suddenly i don't care anymore. perspective is everything. can't even begin to imagine...

Oregonzagnut
10-12-2012, 03:24 AM
May strength, love and joy fill your days. Fill 'em up full!!