PDA

View Full Version : 0 fer

GoZags
07-26-2007, 01:45 PM
Zags wear the Platinum Sombrero. Looks like it'll be a loooong year for the good guys.

http://espn.go.com/dickvitale/070725allrollsroyce.html

wazZag
07-26-2007, 01:47 PM
Honestly, I'm glad. This team is going to do some serious damage, and they don't need to have a prominent star. Too much talent to spread around.

DenDiegoZag
07-26-2007, 01:50 PM
What a typical article from Vitale...What is the point of going all the way through fourth and fifth teams if your analysis is nothing more than (paraphrasing) "his coach was happy he did not go to the draft"..."this stud will be solid all year in the middle"...All in all, pretty weak considering that he should have taken more than 10 minutes to write the article...

cggonzaga
07-26-2007, 01:55 PM
I've never been a Brockman fan, even when we were recruiting him. Still don't see it. He's a just a big elephant in a china closet. I'd be surprised if he made an AA team. I think Collison is too low and I think Pargo will make his case before the year is up. Obviously Josh has the talent but we'll have to see him prove it.

drnoe
07-26-2007, 02:02 PM
I've never been a Brockman fan, even when we were recruiting him. Still don't see it. He's a just a big elephant in a china closet. I'd be surprised if he made an AA team. I think Collison is too low and I think Pargo will make his case before the year is up. Obviously Josh has the talent but we'll have to see him prove it.

Dickie V. is implying Brockman is the best big man in the West. I believe Kevin Love will replace Brockman on that list by tourney time. Collison is a darn good point guard, but I believe Pargo has more upside (NBA) than he does mainly because of his size and versatility. If Pargo's shooting improves, as it should, he'll likely go higher in the draft than Collison. The longer Pargo remains a Zag, the higher he will go, IMHO.

former1dog
07-26-2007, 02:22 PM
Respectfully, I'll disagree regarding Brockman.

He is a fantastic player and hard worker on the court. I would take him as a Zag any day of the week.

Zag509
07-26-2007, 02:38 PM
Every time i read "David Padgett" i always think its Pendo for a split second.

drnoe
07-26-2007, 02:46 PM
Respectfully, I'll disagree regarding Brockman.

He is a fantastic player and hard worker on the court. I would take him as a Zag any day of the week.

I'd take Brockman too, but I believe Love is going to end up dominating and transforming that Bruin team. The Bruins haven't had a legit big man in a long time. Wouldn't it be something if the Zags end up playing UCLA either in '08 or '09? I still haven't gotten over the '06 loss.

BobZag
07-26-2007, 02:53 PM
Pargo > Bruce.

Baylor could use some love, though, after all that program has gone through.

MBZags
07-26-2007, 02:55 PM
Yeah, I'm surprised Pargo didn't make the list.

cggonzaga
07-26-2007, 02:56 PM
I personally wouldn't call him a fantastic player. A hard worker, definitely. I just think he needs to play a little more in control of himself.

CDC84
07-26-2007, 03:12 PM
With a few exceptions, Gonzaga's individual players and their whole team is going to be underestimated going into this season.

DenDiegoZag
07-26-2007, 03:38 PM
With a few exceptions, Gonzaga's individual players and their whole team is going to be underestimated going into this season.

The question is...which GU player is going to catch fire in the eyes of the media after the GAS...and will be featured in the opening "pregame teaser" on our long list of games televised as the nightcap on ESPN...?

cggonzaga
07-26-2007, 03:47 PM
Pargo!!!!!

tyra
07-26-2007, 03:49 PM
I love that Brockman got his just recognition. Blue collar players like him usually don't. And I think being "overlooked" by Dickie V. is so in keeping with GU's "the little engine that could" heritage. Screw the talking heads. GU will prove it on the court where it matters.

GuamZag
07-26-2007, 03:57 PM
I feel like Dukie V hates Gonzaga....never any love from him...online anyway.

DenDiegoZag
07-26-2007, 04:01 PM
Pargo!!!!!

My thinking Exactly!!! Most likely on the whole team to end up as a first or second teamer...The guy is just poised to break-out this year...IMHO...Hopefully Anchorage is going to be nice and brisk in November, so that it is like a bit of a homecoming for Pargo...Although he plays well down here in the sun, as we all know too well...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e17Sc4gjxyc

LynetteG
07-26-2007, 04:49 PM
i love being under the radar, yeah! :) shhhhhhhhhh... be wary wary qwiet... we're huntin wabbits...

TheZagPhish
07-26-2007, 04:53 PM

I agree and think that if true, this is a good thing.

lothar98zag
07-26-2007, 04:58 PM
I think people are overestimating the amount that this team will be underestimated.

SteeleMan
07-26-2007, 05:18 PM
he's not even the best big in the state.

Heytvelt > Baynes > Brockman and if Cowgill gets some weight on him, throw him into that group. Theo and Sacre may be by February???

drnoe
07-26-2007, 07:26 PM

That's OK with me. It's going to be nice to be able to say, I told you so. As much as I'm looking forward to '07-'08, and I believe the Zags will shine, '08-'09 is shaping up to be scary as hell. I won't utter the term, Final 4, for '07-'08, but, I won't be embarrassed to do so for '08-'09. We're in for some guaranteed fantastic ballin' for the next several years. What a great new infusion of talent for '07-'08, with great prospects for stellar recruiting years for '08 and '09...looking forward to watching Gibbs, Poling and Osweiler. Ain't it great to have a pipeline? Are you lurking, Rotnei?

azzagfan
07-26-2007, 07:33 PM
Dickie V is a great guy, but he's a major conference guy. I'm surprised he remembered Kemp from Nevada. Probably because he had perused the draft for a while. Dickie V actually thinks the only conference out west is the PAC-10. Here's his equation PAC 10<BIG 12<BIG 10<SEC<BIG EAST<ACC<Duke. He actually thinks Duke is its own conference.

pbriz
07-26-2007, 07:48 PM
I think people are overestimating the amount that this team will be underestimated.

couldnt agree more. this was one person, katz gives us love ALL the time

kitzbuel
07-26-2007, 08:01 PM
Dickie V is a great guy, but he's a major conference guy. I'm surprised he remembered Kemp from Nevada. Probably because he had perused the draft for a while. Dickie V actually thinks the only conference out west is the PAC-10. Here's his equation PAC 10<BIG 12<BIG 10<SEC<BIG EAST<ACC<Duke. He actually thinks Duke is its own conference.

:lmao:

MickMick
07-26-2007, 08:02 PM
So many players with so much to prove. I hope it is Josh that has the biggest chip on his shoulder.

Cmon Josh....prove em all wrong!!

Fonebone
07-26-2007, 10:25 PM
I think Brockman is a great player and a class act. Every time I have heard him or read a quote I have come away more impressed.

SWZag
07-27-2007, 07:41 AM
I think Brockman is a great player and a class act. Every time I have heard him or read a quote I have come away more impressed.

I must say ditto. I would have taken Brockman in a heartbeat. He would have fit the GU mold on the inside. Hard worker and a bit undersized (heightwise), but still managed nearly 10 boards a game. He's a producer. I think it's derserving for him to make the list.

As for no GU players on the list. I've got to echo those who mentioned being underrated. I'd much rather be underrated and hungry than overrated and overconfident. This will only give us a fire in our belly. And besides, it's preseason, last I checked the only thing that really mattered was postseason! I'm stoked no matter what people say, or don't say, about our guys.

SWZag

Zag79
07-31-2007, 07:52 PM
JH is the best big man in the west IMO, let alone the state.