PDA

View Full Version : Micah Downs Celtics vs. Fenerbahce Ulker in istanbul NBA TV at 11:00 AM

ZagNative
10-05-2012, 09:51 AM
I haven't seen much press about Micah yet, but I'm hoping he sees some action in today's Celtics game in Istanbul on NBA TV at 11:00 AM. (Comcast #416 in Spokane - #630 in HD.)

ZagNative
10-05-2012, 10:23 AM
Oh, oh ....

As for the game, Chris Wilcox (back spasms), Avery Bradley (shoulder surgery) and Micah Downs (sore left shoulder) are out. The injury really damages Downs's chances of staying longer in training camp.Crum....

Martin Centre Mad Man
10-05-2012, 11:47 AM
Oh, oh ....
Crum....

Source?

ZagNative
10-05-2012, 11:53 AM
sorry I forgot the link. Here it is (http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/celtics/extras/celtics_blog/2012/10/welcome_to_ulke.html).

Martin Centre Mad Man
10-05-2012, 11:55 AM
Thanks.

Oregonzagnut
10-05-2012, 03:55 PM
As for the game, Chris Wilcox (back spasms), Avery Bradley (shoulder surgery) and Micah Downs (sore left shoulder) are out. The injury really damages Downs's chances of staying longer in training camp.

"Sore left shoulder"

Sore? Meaning just sore? If Micah could choose he would play through soreness. I'm sore every morning after 10 minutes of heavy exercise. Soreness isn't an injury. But if they don't list the specific injury, soreness just means a muscle strain, charlie horse or a bruise. I think it is convenient "soreness", meaning they don't fly anyone extra unnecessarily to a semi-safe Islamic country. But the article kinda implies Micah might be there already.

And yes, any reason he isn't going to play is bad for him.

JPtheBeasta
10-05-2012, 04:09 PM
"Sore left shoulder"

Sore? Meaning just sore? If Micah could choose he would play through soreness. I'm sore every morning after 10 minutes of heavy exercise. Soreness isn't an injury. But if they don't list the specific injury, soreness just means a muscle strain, charlie horse or a bruise. I think it is convenient "soreness", meaning they don't fly anyone extra unnecessarily to a semi-safe Islamic country. But the article kinda implies Micah might be there already.

And yes, any reason he isn't going to play is bad for him.

Good points, especially when an NBA job is on the line... I think my arm would have to have been separated or falling off to want to sit out for something like this.

Martin Centre Mad Man
10-06-2012, 04:10 AM
He was on the bench, on the very far end of the bench.

I've heard almost nothing about him from the New England sports media. All of the talk about the competition for Celtics roster spots focuses on other guys who are fighting for the roster spots. It's like the local media isn't even aware that he's in camp. To be fair, they're still more interested in Bobby Valentine and the horrid end to the Red Sox season and more interested in Brady v. Manning, but there has been some talk about the Celtics. I just haven't heard anything about Downs.

Not good.

gu03alum
10-06-2012, 10:26 AM
I have a friend that started and still runs a very popular Celtics blog. He told me that Micah has almost no chance to make the team. He said that he will more than likely get placed on the Maine Red Claws (NBA Developmental Team). I'm guessing that if the Celtics have an injury during the year he might get a chance to join the team at that time.