PDA

View Full Version : Austin Daye with Detroit 2012-13

ZagNative
10-04-2012, 03:50 PM
Detroit Bad Boys (http://www.detroitbadboys.com/2012/10/3/3451640/austin-daye-2012-13-detroit-pistons-player-previews) isn't optimistic:
No, Austin Daye will not be as bad as last year. But that doesn't mean he'll be very good or get much playing time. The team has moved on and the Knight and Daye era in Detroit was about as successful as the movie Knight and Day was with the general public.

Despite indications to the contrary, Austin Daye is definitely a player in the NBA. He also is allegedly a power forward. I sort of believe the first, and I definitely don't believe the second. Daye stands as a man without a position and without a path to much playing time. He is, sad to say about a recent top-15 pick, largely irrelevant to the Pistons present or its future. But can he defy the odds and finally become a productive NBA player?

Austin Daye: 2011-12 Year in Review

4.7 points, 2.2 rebounds, 0.8 assists, 0.5 steals, 0.5 blocks, 1.0 turnovers, 32.2% shooting, 21.0% 3-point shooting

Simply put, Austin Daye could not have had a worse season last year. He entered the year solidly in the rotation and bungled every opportunity the team gave him. He had a team-worst offensive rating of 80 and was outplayed offensively by the likes of Damien Wilkins, Will Bynum and Walker D. Russell. Not good for a player that was drafted for his offensive potential. He placed blame on a bad experience playing overseas in Russia when he couldn't stay on an effective diet and ended up losing 10 pounds the spritely Daye couldn't afford to lose. I'm not buying it but it isn't a stretch to assume that last year's putrid output is unlikely to be repeated.Good luck Austin.

75Zag
10-04-2012, 04:58 PM
We need Austin and all other former GU players playing in the NBA to have huge breakout seasons.

Go Bulldogs!

ID ZAGFAN
10-12-2012, 05:50 PM
Austin had 4 points, 9 rebounds, 5 fouls, 1 steal, 3 TO in 26:31 tonight.

ZaGranny