PDA

View Full Version : GBJ injury?

zaglife
10-03-2012, 10:57 AM
Saw Gary on campus limping and favoring his right side..... anyone have any insight? My thoughts are the only thing that will hold us back this year from making a run at the title is injuries.

gozagswoohoo
10-03-2012, 11:00 AM
Who knows....I mean, honestly, I ran a mile and did some squats this morning and I have been limping and walking tenderly all day, and it means nothing.

I wouldn't stress about this for one second until we hear something official.

(oh, and if we DO hear something official, and he IS hurt, I'm going to pour hot molten lava on my face).

Therunner
10-03-2012, 11:02 AM
unless you see crutches, a brace, boot, heavy wrap, or otherwise, these guys get banged up all the time, especially this time of year. They are all stepping things up a notch.

I'm sure its minor, most likely a tweaked/rolled ankle, slight sprain, pulled muscle, etc...

If he's walking around campus, wearing shoes, with only a mild limp, probably nuthin' to worry about --

IF he is indeed injured, just blame it on Karnowski, since he's 'bigger than anyone one we've ever had' and players of all shapes 'n sizes are apparently 'bouncing off him' in practice. ;)

bartruff1
10-03-2012, 11:23 AM
Maybe, maybe not....Jean Claude Lefebvre may have been bigger... Gonzaga has been playing basketball for more than 15 years.....Gary is young, healthy he will heal...I pray..

DADoZAG
10-03-2012, 01:39 PM
unless you see crutches, a brace, boot, heavy wrap, or otherwise, these guys get banged up all the time, especially this time of year. They are all stepping things up a notch.

I'm sure its minor, most likely a tweaked/rolled ankle, slight sprain, pulled muscle, etc...

If he's walking around campus, wearing shoes, with only a mild limp, probably nuthin' to worry about --

IF he is indeed injured, just blame it on Karnowski, since he's 'bigger than anyone one we've ever had' and players of all shapes 'n sizes are apparently 'bouncing off him' in practice. ;)

Yesterday it was KO, today it's the Ringer.

Perhaps the staff needs to break out that unused football gear!

Go ZAGS

Martin Centre Mad Man
10-03-2012, 03:28 PM
Maybe, maybe not....Jean Claude Lefebvre may have been bigger... Gonzaga has been playing basketball for more than 15 years.....Gary is young, healthy he will heal...I pray..

Have we already forgotten about Will Foster? As I recall, that was a rather large boy.

RenoZag
10-03-2012, 05:46 PM
Foster was tall & narrow

bartruff1
10-03-2012, 06:54 PM
Foster was tall & narrow Jean was tall and wide..

Oregonzagnut
10-03-2012, 08:39 PM
Jean was tall and wide..

So that means Karno is "Big, tall and wide."

bartruff1
10-04-2012, 05:49 AM
So that means Karno is "Big, tall and wide."...Not that it matters, but I am pretty sure Jean Claude was the bigest, tallest, widest player ever at Gonzaga..

Oregonzagnut
10-04-2012, 08:00 AM
...Not that it matters, but I am pretty sure Jean Claude was the bigest, tallest, widest player ever at Gonzaga..

Yeah, splitting hairs. I just envision from the pictures that Levebvre wasn't as bulky. He did weigh 275 according to "the press".

However. Our stats indicate that Shrek weights 305!

hmmm. Jean Claude 7'3", 275 #. KArno 7'1" 305#. Something tells me Karno is wider somewhere.

but of course, not that it matters. But the fact is he apparently is doing some damage to our own team because he is an immovable hulk of a human on a court of 9 other fast moving humans.

bartruff1
10-04-2012, 08:23 AM
I am not sure what that actually means...if that is qualified by a " for someone his size "....or if it means he can run the floor like Josh !!!

If he can run the floor like Near Josh, well, that will be something to see....

I always look forward to the season to see what is new and who has improved and this year will be exciting...

I have already forgot about my favorite player from Oklahoma ???

What was that kid's name ??? Damn, I loved that kid's game and attitude.... Wrangler ? Or Jeans or something like that.

Zagtana
10-04-2012, 12:08 PM
"Not that it matters, but I am pretty sure Jean Claude was the bigest, tallest, widest player ever at Gonzaga.."

And slowest. Was at GU when he was. Really nice guy, and he most certainly did contribute on the court. But he was by far not the quickest mover. On several occasions, after GU scored and the other team hustled the ball down toward the other end of the court, Jean Claude was so far behind the action he barely made it to half-court before GU had grabbed a defensive rebound and was coming back at him. He was a big dude. I was told, in the dorm, they had to put two beds end-to-end to accommodate his length. Fun times.

BobZag
10-04-2012, 02:06 PM
Zagtana, you old fart!

gamagin
10-04-2012, 02:27 PM
Zagtana, you old fart!

was taller than der Bingle (shaking hands in pix below) and Fr. Arthur Dussault (school VP, left, for whom lake Arthur is named, as well as one of the GU dormitories).

http://tinyurl.com/9zdswxy

ZagsGoZags
10-04-2012, 09:13 PM
any new info on the rumor of a Gary Bell injury?
I would think it would be somewhat confirmed or disconfirmed as the days pass

sullyzag66
10-04-2012, 10:26 PM
any new info on the rumor of a Gary Bell injury?
I would think it would be somewhat confirmed or disconfirmed as the days pass
See above. ;)

ZagsGoZags
10-05-2012, 07:43 PM
Sully, do you mean a Thread above this thread?

What I see above inside this thread is not disconfirmation of a rumor. It seems like GoZagsWooHoo and TheRunner are speculating that the limp probably does not mean much. IMHO they didn't seem to know for sure. I suppose if we go long enough without hearing anything it will be disconfirmation, but remember how quiet Few is about player's injuries. There have been times after the season was over, that we found out a player was struggling with some kind of injury and the Board never talked about it.

rijman
10-06-2012, 07:57 AM
"Not that it matters, but I am pretty sure Jean Claude was the bigest, tallest, widest player ever at Gonzaga.."

And slowest. Was at GU when he was. Really nice guy, and he most certainly did contribute on the court. But he was by far not the quickest mover. On several occasions, after GU scored and the other team hustled the ball down toward the other end of the court, Jean Claude was so far behind the action he barely made it to half-court before GU had grabbed a defensive rebound and was coming back at him. He was a big dude. I was told, in the dorm, they had to put two beds end-to-end to accommodate his length. Fun times.
Jean Claude could have been the Zags biggest shooting guard ever. According to an assistant coach who worked with Hank, Jean Claude fancied himself as a shooting guard in practices wanting to shoot from outside and Hank was always yelling at him to play the low post. Apparently Hank and Jean Claude battled over his role and position and Jean Claude was very stubborn.