PDA

View Full Version : GU's Front and Back Court strength

Bogozags
10-03-2012, 09:33 AM
Here is a paragraph from "Insider's Rumor Central" discussing our possible strengths for this upcoming season...

I believe we are in for a very special season!

"As if senior Elias Harris and juniors Sam Dower and Kelly Olynyk weren't enough, Gonzaga's frontline is expected to be even bigger -- and better -- this year thanks in part to the addition of 7-foot-1 Polish center Przemek Karnowski.

The big man chose the WCC school over the Pac-12's Cal Golden Bears, and gives Gonzaga coach Mark Few another big man to turn to.

According to our own Andy Katz, Few is impressed with Karnowski's hands and his passing, typically skills that translate quickly when one makes the jump to the college level.

We have to believe that if Harris has a big senior season like he's capable of and Dower continues to blossom, Karnowski and Olynyk could help give the Zags a stellar frontcourt to go with a young backcourt already regarded as one of the best in the nation."

GrizZAG
10-03-2012, 10:22 AM
Indeed!
This morning I met a table full of guys having breakfast that are all in their 80's and serious Zag fans. They told me that John Stockton was a guest speaker at I think they said a KC meeting this past week and they asked him to share his view on how good this team looks. Apparently he said he has vowed to keep quiet on it, but they said the wry grin was encouraging.

Bogozags
10-03-2012, 10:31 AM
Indeed!
This morning I met a table full of guys having breakfast that are all in their 80's and serious Zag fans. They told me that John Stockton was a guest speaker at I think they said a KC meeting this past week and they asked him to share his view on how good this team looks. Apparently he said he has vowed to keep quiet on it, but they said the wry grin was encouraging.

That's good to hear as I have that same "wry grin" on my face when discussing the upcoming season with friends, who root for BCS schools...

bartruff1
10-03-2012, 11:34 AM
Indeed!

You eat breakfast at 5 am !!!! Was Grampa Stockton one of the guys having breakfast...??? (Only boys under 8 and over 80 are up before 6 am !!)

GrizZAG
10-03-2012, 02:39 PM
These fellows were all buddies that went to Rogers High School back in the day. They were sure having a lot of fun and those laughs will make them live long I am sure. I didn't learn more than that about them but they were delightful gents. Hope I have those kind of buddies at 80+