PDA

View Full Version : Kelly Olynyk

Zag 77
10-02-2012, 08:38 AM
So what is the deal with the rumors? Is he OK or what?

Baldwinzag
10-02-2012, 08:46 AM
What did you hear?

I will say, KO has been banged up every pre-season, so hope its just the usual minor stuff...sprained foot, mild concussion, strained back, etc.

Or is it just concerning his new hippie hairstyle?

Speaking of Olynyk, this from Gaz & Bigs recent interview:

Gaz- I understand you work out with Kelly Olynyk; can you tell us about that? Did it help with your decision to redshirt that he also redshirted, but as a junior?

Draino- Yes, a little bit. I mean, if he could redshirt, why couldn’t I? Him and I are kind of buddies because as redshirts we’re always working out together and hung out together, he has been a mentor to me and he really helped me a lot. I think people are going to be surprised at how much better he’s gotten. It’s going to be exciting to see him.

HERE (http://www.zagaholic.com/2012/10/interview-kyle-dranginis-comes-off-his.html)

cjm720
10-02-2012, 09:19 AM
So what is the deal with the rumors? Is he OK or what?

?????????????

sittingon50
10-02-2012, 09:26 AM
You mean his transfer rumors?

Baldwinzag
10-02-2012, 10:10 AM
You mean his transfer rumors?

that could be it...still lingering transfer rumors considering no injury details have emerged.

In the last 2 yrs alone, KO's been rumored -- as in done deal -- to Bucknell, Wash St, Providence, and even giving up College ball altogether to pursue professional BB overseas...

Either way, please elaborate '77.

Zag 77
10-02-2012, 10:21 AM
My son is a student at GU. Rumor of some kind of injury. That is all that I know.

thebigsmoove
10-02-2012, 10:54 AM
My son is a student at GU. Rumor of some kind of injury. That is all that I know.

hmmm...im sure its minor, otherwise gaz might have heard something from draino...

Baldwinzag
10-02-2012, 11:05 AM

I have heard a few players already 'bouncing off' Karnowski in practice via screens & post ups, so hopefully its nothing serious regarding the Big Man...every teammate, coach, cohort associated with the program stated its Kelly's year to shine & has improved tremendously.

Heck, we JUST got Sam back to full mobility and strength. :pray:

Zagdawg
10-02-2012, 12:07 PM
I hope the Big K doesn't injure him in practice.....Kelly is a bit slighter of build.

You can't go through him-- go around him-- although it may take a few mins for that trip.

Kellys finesse will pay off in the long run.