PDA

View Full Version : Thanks Josh.

GonzagaLove
02-12-2007, 10:15 PM
Can Josh ever make up for this, if he ever comes back? It is going to be tough.

adoptedzag
02-12-2007, 10:15 PM
he won't be back, imo

zags422
02-12-2007, 10:17 PM
well if he doesn't go back to GU, someone put in a word for him to transfer to Nebraska. thanks.

RenoZag
02-12-2007, 10:18 PM
Blaming Josh for this loss takes credit away from the job SC did on the floor. . .he might have made an impact on the outcome, but SCU beat the team we put on the floor, JMO.

thickman1
02-12-2007, 10:19 PM
Josh did a stupid thing. It's done. Can't go back and undo it. So it's probably time all of us fans just accept that and let it go.

It's time for the guys on the Gonzaga team to step up and play with pride. They did that for the last 10 minutes of the game. As I said in another thread - this team is now much better suited to play a fast-paced pressing style that gets up and down the floor.

Nevtelen
02-12-2007, 10:33 PM
We were better suited to that before, I'd say - Josh could run as we know and provide that shot blocker if the opposition beat our press. Still, we executed it pretty well tonight and we pretty much have to play, well, almost like Pepperdine for stretches from here on out.

On the Josh front - I think he'll be suiting up next year for us again. Just the tone of Roth's comments during the game gave me the feeling that, while I have no doubt he'll probably be out the rest of the year, he'll be back for next season. Unless something truly horrendous comes out of the legal proceedings.

zagster318
02-12-2007, 10:36 PM
Without Josh, this team is mediocre at best.

yourmom
02-12-2007, 10:38 PM
I know that if/when JH comes back I wouldn't want to be in his shoes when he walks into class and the 30 other students just stare at him. It's not his FAULT we lost. He didn't play, so obviously the game isn't his fault, but all of the off court drama going on have to mess with the rest of the guys heads. And that drama is his fault. I think JH not being there gave SCU even more confidences which isn't good for GU.

Tough one to swallow tonight. This league championship was on the line and we couldn't deliver. It hurts, but worse things have happened. We'll be back. There's still a lot of basketball to be played this season.

thickman1
02-12-2007, 10:39 PM
I disagree. The problem is that they've played all season with a set style and now that style doesn't fit with their personnel. As Jay Bilas said the other night the problem now is that there isn't much time to establish an identity without Josh but that is what has to happen. 4 games left plus WCC action.

mendiant
02-12-2007, 10:46 PM
This game could've been won tonight.

The best free throw shooting team in the country lost the game at the line...why???

72 hours of stress.

Argentum
02-12-2007, 11:48 PM
Santa Clara deserves all the credit in the world for the way they played and shot the ball. But if you need evidence of Josh's impact in the matchup just look at the last time we played the Broncos.

ZigZagSoCal
02-13-2007, 12:50 AM
very good point mendiant. i couldn't believe my eyes when we were at the line. SCU was going crazy beyond the arc.

but like Fr. Spitzer and many wise posters here have previously mentioned, let's withhold our judgements and let the process takes it's course. this is our team (Josh & Theo included) for better or for worse, we shall prevail.

GO ZAGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!