View Full Version : Baylor @ West Virginia

ID ZAGFAN
09-28-2012, 09:24 AM
Saturday at 9:00 AM Pacific time FX Channel 136 on Dish

Go Meech!

ZaGranny

Oregonzagnut
09-28-2012, 02:37 PM
It will be interesting to see if he can get on any NFL draft projections. If he can have some big plays and be a statistically top 50 ranked CB, he will get some interest in NFL teams.

But still, I wonder how many athletes can say they were starters for both a top 25 Div 1 basketball team and a starter top 25 Div 1 football team.

zagamatic
09-29-2012, 08:46 AM
Meech heading to the locker in a lot of pain with an air cast on his left arm. Hopefully they're just being overly cautious and he'll be ok.

ID ZAGFAN
09-29-2012, 10:42 AM
Baylor Football@BUFootball#Baylor injury update: Demetri Goodson out w/broken arm. Jerod Monk out w/pectoral injury. Jarred Salubi, shoulder, could return. #sicWVU

Oh, Nooooooo!

ZaGranny

JPtheBeasta
09-29-2012, 01:11 PM
It will be interesting to see if he can get on any NFL draft projections. If he can have some big plays and be a statistically top 50 ranked CB, he will get some interest in NFL teams.

But still, I wonder how many athletes can say they were starters for both a top 25 Div 1 basketball team and a starter top 25 Div 1 football team.

Aweful news on the broken arm, but maybe they can get him back in there in 6 weeks or so and he'll have a chance at making an impression on some scouts. In fact, depending on where and how bad the break is (I didn't see it), they could let him play with the cast on.

The guy is a freak athlete if he is able to step in as the best cover corner on the team after not playing for years. It was surreal seeing him as one of the top 2 players on defense for Baylor on the infographic to start the game. I wouldn't count him out, especially with his pedigree; I think having his brother in the league will create a few more looks by NFL talent evaluators than the average player would.

sittingon50
09-29-2012, 03:08 PM
Sucks!!

webspinnre
09-29-2012, 08:39 PM
Man, rough luck with football injuries these two years. Best wishes for a fast recovery!

ID ZAGFAN
10-01-2012, 07:26 AM
Demetri goodson ‏@Leaveittomeech
Surgery today. Road to recovery begins
Expand Reply Favorite

Speedy recovery, Meech.

ZaGranny

ID ZAGFAN
10-01-2012, 07:35 AM
http://collegesportsblog.dallasnews.com/2012/09/injury-bug-hits-baylor-hard-during-slugfest-with-mountaineers.html/

Here are the reported injuries Baylor sustained from Our Daily Bears, Baylorís SB Nation site. Several key contributors on the team are on this list.

Cornerback Demetri Goodson will almost certainly miss the rest of the season due to breaking both of the bones in his lower left arm. The possibility of a medical redshirt exists since it will be the second year in a row ended significantly early by injury.

ZaGranny

Rangerzag
10-01-2012, 04:06 PM
The possibility of a medical redshirt exists since it will be the second year in a row ended significantly early by injury.

ZaGranny

How close is he to working on his "Piled Higher n Deeper?" (read: PHD)

ID ZAGFAN
10-01-2012, 06:57 PM
Demetri goodson ‏@Leaveittomeech
Just got out of surgery. I'm so sleepy
Expand Reply Favorite

Tweeted about 6:00 PM.

ZaGranny