PDA

View Full Version : Help

Bogozags
09-27-2012, 09:06 AM
Am moving into an apartment and trying to find out if Time Warner Cable or DISH Network have Root so that I can watch GU games. If so on what channel(s) might I watch GU BB?

ID ZAGFAN
09-27-2012, 09:17 AM
Root is channel 426 on DISH in the Northwest, it may be different where you are.

ZaGranny

Bogozags
09-27-2012, 12:59 PM
Root is channel 426 on DISH in the Northwest, it may be different where you are.

ZaGranny

Thanks ID good to know that DISH and DirectTV have Root. Does anyone know if TMC also has Root?

GUDan07
09-27-2012, 01:12 PM
Just to clarify, if you have Root, you can view all the games regardless of your geographic location?

ridgebackzag
09-27-2012, 02:30 PM
Since you haven't mentioned what region you're moving to, just go to the TV Guide website and put in your prospective provider and Zip Code...

http://www.tvguide.com/Listings/

You'll be able to search for the networks your wondering about then.

2wiceright
09-27-2012, 02:31 PM
I have Time Warner Cable (I live in N. Idaho) and it has Root. I buy a sports package for an additional 8.00 per month and no matter what channel the Zags are on (or replayed)- even CBS Sports channel, every single Zags game is broadcast without exception.

Just wanted to put your mind at ease if you go that route....By the way, Root in HD is channel 799, and doesn't require the sports package I mentioned.

JPtheBeasta
09-27-2012, 02:33 PM
Just to clarify, if you have Root, you can view all the games regardless of your geographic location?

I have Root on DirecTV, but recall having to specify that I wanted the NW region. I actually called and said something to the effect of, "Hey, I live out of state and want to watch GU basketball that isn't on ESPN," and the guy actually helped me. That might be the quickest and most direct solution to your problem.

Zagtana
09-27-2012, 03:20 PM
I live in NW Montana and get all GU games on DirecTV that are broadcast on Root or ESPN at no extra charge. I do not, however, get Spokane stations. If you choose DirecTV I can get you (as can any current DirecTV customer you know) $10 a month off your monthly bill for 10 months. If interested, just PM me or contact any current DirecTV customer you know before you commit to Direct.

Bogozags
09-27-2012, 04:46 PM
You all are just SUPER!

Thanks for all the information...

I prefer to use DirecTV and not DISH or TMC and have to find out which they allow me at our apartment complex here in San Antonio, TX.

Birddog
09-28-2012, 04:19 AM
If you choose DirecTV I can get you (as can any current DirecTV customer you know) $10 a month off your monthly bill for 10 months. If interested, just PM me or contact any current DirecTV customer you know before you commit to Direct.
Hey, that's my gig!

In all seriousness, I've been a loyal DirecTV customer for over 15 years and rarely miss a Zag game though some are on at ungodly hours, mostly ESPN games.