View Full Version : Kyle Stanley Twitter

ID ZAGFAN
09-20-2012, 05:23 PM
https://twitter.com/kylestanleygolf/status/248915785169391616/photo/1/large

Watching America's Team get ready for the season. #GOZAGS

ZaGranny

BobZag
09-21-2012, 09:17 AM
Too bad he just missed being in the big championship tourney this weekend. Lots of moolah to be had. A couple more top-10s with that win woulda done the trick.

CaliforniaZaggin'
09-21-2012, 09:28 AM
Too bad he just missed being in the big championship tourney this weekend. Lots of moolah to be had. A couple more top-10s with that win woulda done the trick.

Would have loved to see him tee it up at East Lake this weekend (and he came oh so close). Still, 2012 was a great season for Kyle, and hopefully he can take another step forward with his game in 2013. And, it's very cool to have him as an unofficial ambassador of GU hoops.

BobZag
09-21-2012, 09:33 AM
Would have loved to see him tee it up at East Lake this weekend (and he came oh so close). Still, 2012 was a great season for Kyle, and hopefully he can take another step forward with his game in 2013. And, it's very cool to have him as an unofficial ambassador of GU hoops.

Indeed.

GoZags
09-21-2012, 10:10 AM
Over and above the "moolah" -- getting into the East Lake field also gets one into next year's Masters, US Open, Open Championship at Muirfield, the PGA and all of the World Golf Championship fields.

My guy Ryan Moore (his birdie putt on 18 at the BMW knocked Kyle out of the field -- although they both would have made it had Kyle made his 6 footer on 18) missed out on all of those this season. He'd made the Top 30 in '10. I've played a handful of events this year with Ryan's dad and brother and I was scheduled to be in Atlanta until my Ryder Cup tix came through.

Kyle Stanley has a bright future -- very bright and is also fun to follow (I walked a few holes with him earlier this year at TPC Sawgrass and the Olympic Club).

http://i925.photobucket.com/albums/ad93/tbkd1/photo_zps6fc81807.jpg

Lurknomore
09-21-2012, 10:16 AM
Ok GoZags thanks for making me very jealous. Have a wonderful time.

Question-Since Kyle missed the cut at East Lake does that mean he will not be able to play the Master's etc....or does he have to qualify some other way.

GoZags
09-21-2012, 10:29 AM
Ok GoZags thanks for making me very jealous. Have a wonderful time.

Question-Since Kyle missed the cut at East Lake does that mean he will not be able to play the Master's etc....or does he have to qualify some other way.

Kyle should be fine for the '13 Masters if he continues to play well.. Earning entry into the Tour Championship at East Lake is just one way to qualify. I'll attach a list of the others. RyMo just missed out on a lot earlier this season -- i.e. he was ranked 65th in the World and missed out on the World Match Play event (Top 64).
----
How to qualify for The Masters:

Former winners of The Masters
Winners of the last five U.S. Opens
Winners of the last five British Opens
Winners of the last five PGA Championships
Winners of the last three Players Championships
Winner and runner-up from the last U.S. Amateur Championship
Winner of the last British Amateur Championship
Winner of the last Asian Amateur Championship
Winner of the last U.S. Amateur Public Links Championship
Winner of the last U.S. Mid-Amateur Championship
The top 16 finishers (including ties) from last year's Masters tournament
The top 8 finishers (including ties), from last year's U.S. Open
The top 4 finishers (including ties) from last year's British Open
The top 4 finishers (including ties) from last year's PGA Championship
The top 30 finishers on last year's PGA Tour money list
Winners of PGA Tour events from the previous Masters through this year's Masters, providing those tournaments awarded full FedEx Cup points (no opposite-field tournaments qualify)
All players who qualified for last year's Tour Championship
The Top 50 in the Official World Golf Ranking at the end of the previous year
The Top 50 in the Official World Golf Ranking published in the week prior to this year's Masters

Lurknomore
09-21-2012, 10:38 AM
Thanks for the info.

So, Kyle also looks good for all the other major tournaments as well?

I will have to keep an eye on Ryan Moore now too.

GoZags
09-21-2012, 10:53 AM
Kyle's win in Phoenix was huge on several levels. There's a 2 year regular tour event exemption, and the win got him into all the Majors this year.

Right now Kyle is ranked 55 in the World Golf rankings. If he continues to play well and gets back into the Top 50 -- he's golden for the majors (and WGC events). I think he'll win again relatively soon. Ryan had a win in '09 (Wyndham in Greensboro) but hasn't won since.

I think it looks good for Kyle vis a vis next year's Majors, but he's got to take care of business. My heart sank a week ago Sunday when he "just" missed out on Atlanta (finishing the BMW 31st in Fed Ex points).

Lurknomore
09-21-2012, 11:08 AM
Thanks. I was hoping that he would be able to play in all of them next year.

I know I was watching him teeter back and forth last week and felt bad for him.

Have a great time at the Ryder Cup I would love to see it in person.

CaliforniaZaggin'
09-21-2012, 12:12 PM
Anyone know if Kyle reads GUBs? I bet he does, at least occasionally.

GoZags
09-22-2012, 04:24 PM
Thanks for the info.

So, Kyle also looks good for all the other major tournaments as well?

I will have to keep an eye on Ryan Moore now too.

Would've been nice had you started to "keep an eye on Ryan Moore" a little earlier. Hopefully the positive karma/energy generated by your declaration (i.e. today's 65) can last through Sunday's round with Rory.

Lurknomore
09-22-2012, 05:55 PM
Yikes, I caught a little of it this morning but didn't catch the end. A 65 that is great, I will watch and send him lots of karma. Love Rory so this will be fun to watch.

mtzaga
09-24-2012, 09:49 AM
Snedeker wins $11,000,000+ with the victory. He made Davis Love look like a genius. I love his pace of play. Everyone should play that fast.

rijman
09-24-2012, 07:01 PM
Snedeker wins $11,000,000+ with the victory. He made Davis Love look like a genius. I love his pace of play. Everyone should play that fast.
I'm a Snedeker fan too, I like the quick swing and solid ball striking. We both have quick swings, only he hits is better, actually has a short game and a great attitude, so at least we have the quick swing in common.. and we're both golfers, so I have that going for me, which is nice.

75Zag
09-24-2012, 07:34 PM
I was a huge fan of Kyle Stanley until he failed to block the shot that allowed UCLA to beat GU in the Sweet 16. After that, I have always hated him.

Other than that, who is Kyle Stanley and what does he have to do with GU basketball?

But good luck to Kyle Stanley and all his many GU basketball fans.

Go Bulldogs! Elite 8 or Die!

GoZags
10-04-2012, 06:15 PM
RyMo had a nice day today. His 61 tied the course record at TPC Summerlin.

http://i925.photobucket.com/albums/ad93/tbkd1/A4YqtiSCUAAHUzO.jpg

And at the end of his interview today Ryan gave some credit to his brother Jason (one of my regular golf partners)
http://www.pgatour.com/video/r/highlights/interviews/2012/10/04/qt12shrinersrnd1moorexmpgatourmp-2237147/index.html