PDA

View Full Version : How many like Meech?!

Oregonzagnut
09-19-2012, 10:02 PM
So far Meech is really earning his starting spot!

1 interception!
2 pass deflections!
12 solo tackles!

All in two games!

So that begs my question: How many people can say the earned starting spots in two Div1 sports (Basketball and football) AND for 2 top 25 ranked teams. I bet not many in the BCS era. But Baylor is only about 20 points out of being ranked this year in football which would make that little statistical tidbit, a reality.

KStyles
09-19-2012, 10:37 PM
I know Nate Rob, Julius Peppers, and Donovan McNabb played both sports for UW, UNC, & Syracuse, respectively. I remember Peppers had a pretty big role on the basketball team, but I'm not sure if he started or not. Unsure if the others started in their 2nd sport or the rankings of their teams, but either way, some elite company.

Martin Centre Mad Man
09-20-2012, 03:01 AM
So that begs my question: How many people can say the earned starting spots in two Div1 sports (Basketball and football) AND for 2 top 25 ranked teams. I bet not many in the BCS era. But Baylor is only about 20 points out of being ranked this year in football which would make that little statistical tidbit, a reality.

Greg Paulus played point guard for Duke and quarterback for Syracuse. That's not too bad.

I'm glad to see that Meech is doing as well as he is and I hope that he catches on in the NFL.