PDA

View Full Version : Great Meech Article S-R

ID ZAGFAN
09-18-2012, 07:34 AM
Jim Meehan has a great article on Meech on the front page of the sports section.

http://www.spokesman.com/sports/

Demetri “Meech” Goodson still wears No. 3, but it’s a whole new ball game.

Goodson, who transferred after his junior season in the Gonzaga University men’s basketball program for two seasons of football eligibility at Baylor, has made a successful transition. The Spring, Texas, native played mostly on special teams last year before suffering a season-ending ankle injury.

Goodson, now a starting cornerback, made seven tackles and had a pass deflection in a 59-24 season-opening win over Southern Methodist. He intercepted a pass in Baylor’s victory over Sam Houston State on Saturday.

“Even before fall camp, I was working hard every day and guys saw me up here all the time on the field, just trying to get better with footwork,” Goodson said in a phone interview last week from Waco, Texas. “Every day in camp I’d make a big play and the coaches would talk about it: ‘Meech is getting better, y’all better watch out.’

“Once they named me the starter I was very happy,” he added. “It just let me know that anything you do and you really want, you have to work hard for it, but anything is possible.”

More at the link.

ZaGranny

Martin Centre Mad Man
09-18-2012, 10:32 AM
Good for him. I hope to see him in a Patriots uniform, next year.

bartruff1
09-18-2012, 11:14 AM
One of my favorites...I hope he reaches his goals and makes a million bucks, if he doesn't, it won't be for lack of character.