What game do you find yourself rewatching again and again?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tucsonzag
    Bulldog Fan
    • Aug 2010

What game do you find yourself rewatching again and again?

Or what one would you if you only had access to it?

Lately I like the WCC Tourney Championship game from '11. That season was such a roller coaster but ultimately special is so many ways and seeing the Zags come back from Mickey McConnell's "shot" in K2 and a 3-game deficit in the WCC to claim an 11th straight conference title, beat SMC in an absolute thriller in Moraga, and then prevail in the tournament was so inspiring.

Overall, not the sexiest of seasons but one really defined by that GU-SMC rivalry that's been so fun over the last 8 years.

And such amazing moments! Member Stockton's picking Kevin Foster AS he was shooting a 3 and driving it the length of the court for a layup? Dower's free throws in that second SMC game? Just to mention a couple.
  • 75Zag
    Zag for Life
    • Mar 2007

Game

If my Sony Betamax still worked, I would replay the GU v Florida Sweet 16 game from 1999 every night.

But instead, my head continues to replay the GU v. UCLA game @ Oakland.

How about a new Elite 8 memory for GU in 2013? Walking down Memory Lane is not all that fun for me.

Go Bulldogs!
    Do not go gentle into that good night,
    Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Comment

• sittingon50
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2007

I just might be with '75 on that. Have that game on tape & it's getting a bit worn.
      But we don't play nobody.

Comment

• Pleasant Peninsula
        Professional Zag Fan
        • Mar 2008

You guys can watch the Florida game and some other Gonzaga games every night and day for free at the NCAA Vault website.

In addition to the Florida game, my favorite to watch time and time again is the Arizona game in 2003, a game that really catapulted my Zag fandom to a new level.

Oddly, I also have rewatched the UCLA game several times. Masochistic, I know. Similarly, the Davidson game.

All of the aforementioned games are on the ncaa vault website to viewed in their entirety, along with the S16 Purdue game in 2000,Michigan State S16 game in 2001, and the North Carolina game in 2009.

The game that I have always wanted to see again, that I have NEVER had the opportunity to rewatch is the opening round game against Virginia in 2001. In fact, I only got to see the very end in real time, as I was living in a region that didn't get the CBS feed at that time. I always wanted to see that one.

Comment

• tucsonzag
          Bulldog Fan
          • Aug 2010

I've always wanted to rewatch Minnesota and especially Stanford from 99 but I haven't seen them since they aired.

One of the quintessential Gonzaga quotes came out of that Stanford game (I believe). The second part of the quote was in that March Madness intro from last season.

"And for little Gonzaga University... DREAMS DO COME TRUE."

Don't even know who the commentator was. Anyone remember? Or better yet, anyone have access to the video with that sound byte?

Comment

• SteelZag
            Professional Zag Fan
            • Feb 2012

San Diego

The 2008 WCC Championship game against San Diego comes to mind. I can't get the picture out of my head of Heytvelt, Daye and Downs sitting on the bench arm-in-arm rooting for their commrades. The Zags were getting hammered on the boards, especially on the defensive end and I keep picturing those three players and the formidable 2-3 zone defense they were capable of playing, not to mention the increased rebounding possibilities.

Comment

• Pleasant Peninsula
              Professional Zag Fan
              • Mar 2008

Originally posted by SteelZag View Post
              The 2008 WCC Championship game against San Diego comes to mind. I can't get the picture out of my head of Heytvelt, Daye and Downs sitting on the bench arm-in-arm rooting for their commrades. The Zags were getting hammered on the boards, especially on the defensive end and I keep picturing those three players and the formidable 2-3 zone defense they were capable of playing, not to mention the increased rebounding possibilities.
              That was a bummer game and led directly to the unfortunate seed and draw that sent us across country to be ousted in the first round by a future elite eight team. A team that talented had no business losing to San Diego. None. Frankly, they should have beat Davidson, too.

Comment

• Reborn
                Zag for Life
                • Oct 2007

Here is another. The Battle in Seattle in Morrison's Junior year when Adam banked in the 3 pointer at the end of the game with 3 defenders on him to win the game. Maybe this is one of the best because I was there to be a part of the craziness after the game as the fans stood cheering for at least 5 minutes.
                Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Comment

• CDC84
                  Super Moderator
                  • Feb 2007

The Maui Invitational semifinal game between Michigan State/Gonzaga from 2005. One of the greatest basketball games that I've ever seen.

Comment

• hockeyzag
                    Bleeds GU Blue
                    • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Pleasant Peninsula View Post
                    You guys can watch the Florida game and some other Gonzaga games every night and day for free at the NCAA Vault website.
                    Not that those aren't great games, but I was bummed to find out that 6 of the 7 are loses. Wish they'd throw some of our great wins in there.
                    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."
                    -Zach Norvell Jr.

Comment

• MDABE80
                      Zag for Life
                      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by CDC84 View Post
                      The Maui Invitational semifinal game between Michigan State/Gonzaga from 2005. One of the greatest basketball games that I've ever seen.
                      this! the nets keep showing that 2006 UCLA game. I don't lke that game much. Michigan st was one for the ages. Among the top ten collge games of all time.

Comment

• TheGonzagaFactor
                        Zag for Life
                        • Oct 2011

Originally posted by hockeyzag View Post
                        Not that those aren't great games, but I was bummed to find out that 6 of the 7 are loses. Wish they'd throw some of our great wins in there.
                        They show the closest/best games. When we win in the NCAAs, we win big. When we lose, it's a classic.
                        "After holding open practices during his first three seasons, Romar closed them to reporters last season, citing the "Gonzaga factor." He felt his team was compromised before the 2004-05 game against the Zags, that the opponent awaiting him and beating him 99-87 in Spokane seemed a little too well prepared."

Comment

• Johnnygu
                          Kennel Club Material
                          • Aug 2010

Originally posted by TheGonzagaFactor View Post
                          They show the closest/best games. When we win in the NCAAs, we win big. When we lose, it's a classic.
                          North Carolina blew us out. I disagree, we need more videos of our wins on here.

Also, where is the College Football vault? I would love to see some college football games I havn't seen in a while.

Comment

• GonzaGAW
                            Zag for Life
                            • Aug 2012

agree the gonzaga vs michigan state game was a classic, competitive, great talent on display, clutch shots (but for the gimme layin msu missed at the horn).

but the game that floats my boat and i'd like to watch over and over, is gonzaga v. north carolina, 2006-07 team. national t.v., playing in madison square gardens. zags come out like deer caught in headlights and are down 10to zip before they can catch their breath. few brings abdul kuso off the bench and in 2 1/2 minutes he scores 8 straight points, rights the ship and zags go onto a 82-72 victory over north frickin carolina! a team with t. lawson and tyler hansbrough!

i'm not sure if kuso scored another 8 points rest of his carrier, but that boy has always had a soft spot in my heart for his energy and burst of scoring in that game.

Comment

• zagzilla
                              Zag for Life
                              • Feb 2007

I don't get people who re-watch UCLA. No way I want to see that again. Even Arizona is a heartbreak I don't need to re-live.

Michigan St in Maui was what jumped into my head the moment I saw the title of the thread. SO exciting!

I was at the Ok St game right in the corner Ammo was shooting towards. We all graoned when he let the shot fly becauseit was clearly off line. Then it banked in and we all went nuts.

Another game I never want to see again is the abortion of officiating I witnessed in Key arena vs Nevada.

ZZ

Comment

Working...
                              X