• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jpwils
    Professional Zag Fan
    • Feb 2007

Number of new Schollies left

Can someone refresh my memory as to how many schollies remain for 2013 ( after Evans and Meikle, of course) and how many will we have to give for 2014?

Fired up for this season and the foreseeable future!
  • ZagNative
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

Comment

• Oregonzagnut
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2011

Originally posted by ZagNative View Post
      We have a second team team that could beat most Div1 schools and we still have an open scholarship this year?!!? WOW!!

No wonder so many left last year. tough gig.
      “People can talk. People can speculate. These guys are hungry and they're ready to go." Mark Few

Comment

• JPtheBeasta
        Zag for Life
        • Oct 2008

Barring injury, transfer, or early exit, 2013-14 is pretty crowded. IMO, anyone that signs that year is going to have to be either a world beater or not so worried about riding pine for a couple of years.

Comment

• cjm720
          Zag for Life
          • Nov 2007

We are screwed for 2016-2017. What is our coaching staff doing?????

hahahaha
          Go Zags!!!

Comment

• sittingon50
            Zag for Life
            • Feb 2007

Don't sweat it 720

Edwards & Meikle ARE that good!!

But we don't play nobody.

Comment

• MickMick
              Zag for Life
              • Apr 2007

Even gatling guns need reloaded once in awhile.

No problem. Insert another belt.
              I miss Mike Hart

Comment

• spike_jr
                Banned
                • Nov 2009

Stockton & Hart

Did I miss something or do Stockton and Hart actually have scholarships this fall?

Comment

• ZagNative
                  Zag for Life
                  • Feb 2007

Originally posted by spike_jr View Post
                  Did I miss something or do Stockton and Hart actually have scholarships this fall?
                  Yeah, I recognize there's been some dispute about that here, but I figured that since the scholies are unfilled, it would be hard for the staff to deny them to Stocks and Hart.

Comment

• spike_jr
                    Banned
                    • Nov 2009

Originally posted by ZagNative View Post
                    Yeah, I recognize there's been some dispute about that here, but I figured that since the scholies are unfilled, it would be hard for the staff to deny them to Stocks and Hart.
                    Doesn't Few historically wait until classes start in the second semester before he rewards the walk-ons with scholarships. Kind of a "wait and see, just in case" kind of thing? But I would love to see those two kids get a full year. They both contribute and both are very much deserving.

Comment

• JPtheBeasta
                      Zag for Life
                      • Oct 2008

Originally posted by spike_jr View Post
                      Doesn't Few historically wait until classes start in the second semester before he rewards the walk-ons with scholarships. Kind of a "wait and see, just in case" kind of thing? But I would love to see those two kids get a full year. They both contribute and both are very much deserving.
                      I think the difference here is that they have been big contributors for 2 years (I guess Hart maybe one, my memory is shot right now). I think they've both earned scholarships with their past production, and will probably see scholarship player-level minutes this year. It's funny, but I just assumed they would have scholarships, but it is definitely an interesting question.

Comment

• spike_jr
                        Banned
                        • Nov 2009

Originally posted by JPtheBeasta View Post
                        I think the difference here is that they have been big contributors for 2 years (I guess Hart maybe one, my memory is shot right now). I think they've both earned scholarships with their past production, and will probably see scholarship player-level minutes this year. It's funny, but I just assumed they would have scholarships, but it is definitely an interesting question.
                        I'm with you JP - my memory is a little suspect right now too! I believe both have received scholarships for the winter semester in each of the past two seasons. Also, I was under the impression that Hart is eligible for academic scholarship assistance as he is now a grad student. Hell if I know.....

Comment

• GonzaGAW
                          Zag for Life
                          • Aug 2012

Originally posted by JPtheBeasta View Post
                          Barring injury, transfer, or early exit, 2013-14 is pretty crowded. IMO, anyone that signs that year is going to have to be either a world beater or not so worried about riding pine for a couple of years.
                          Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply.

Comment

• GonzaGAW
                            Zag for Life
                            • Aug 2012

try again

redshirt member still trying to learn the tricks to posting, and for over 50 guy with no computer skills its all tricks and magic to me.

what i wanted to say was, spot on, that is why i think we have had so many prospects take a look at us and then pass, especially guards.

but come 2014-15 just about all positions could be heavily recruited. karnowski could be 2 and done, who knows how edwards will pan out. i suspect bell and pangos are in for the long haul but being a freshman and learning from those 2 would be a good first year. and of course the forward spots are wide open. 2014-15 is going to be a huge year, very important in who we can bring in. my hope and thought is with a banner year this year and next we can get some serious attention from some serious talent.

Comment

Working...
                            X